the wheat must die so it can live

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013
23 And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified.
24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

25 He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

27 Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

28 Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again. This means we must die and live in eternal righteousness in christ

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
[h=2]the wheat must die so it can live...[/h]As the context of the passage shows it was referring to Jesus' imminent death.

J

Jesus_lover_of_my_soul

Jesus come!! <3

Jul 26, 2013
If you all would but just sell your possessions and give them to the poor, and follow Him with your whole heart, you all would have treasure in heaven and will get the reward of eternal life now!

What more do you all want? God has given us the means.

Jul 26, 2013
If the wages of sin is death, then Jesus is dropping off pink slips of "I never knew you" all over the world.

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013
23 And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified.
24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

25 He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

27 Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

28 Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again. This means we must die and live in eternal righteousness in christ

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013
the black text here also reffers to the cost of discipleship that we must also die with christ to sin