The Will of God vs. His Laws and What We Choose to Say and Do.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

know1

Aug 27, 2012
God is love, and God's will is for all to come to a saving knowledge of Christ and to have life and life more abundantly.
God said that first, not me, and it applies to the here and now, not the sweet by and by or the here after.
God's will is for your good and not evil.Jer 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

(AUV) who wants all people to be saved and come to a [full] knowledge of the truth.

(ALT) who desires all people [or, peoples] to be saved and to come to a full [or, true] knowledge of the truth.

It is obvious that God is love, He loves man, and desires good for and toward him. Otherwise He wouldn't have sent Jesus, not only to save the world, but that they might have good things while in the world. But the laws He has established, have conditions with consequences, and those laws rule out His will for the man He loves so much that He would suffer and die for.
God is not going to change or alter any of the things He has said, and they are forever established.
Psa 119:89 LAMED. For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.

Psa 89:34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.

God has given us the freedom to choose what will happen to us.
Yes, it is a choice. We can either have good things happen to us or bad, depending on what we think, say, and/or do.
Deu 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

The law of sowing and reaping is what we so, that shall we reap.
Jer 32:19 Great in counsel, and mighty in work: for thine eyes are open upon all the ways of the sons of men: to give every one according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings:

Jer 17:10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

Rom 2:6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

Pro 12:14 A man shall be satisfied with good by the fruit of his mouth: and the recompence of a man's hands shall be rendered unto him.

Gal 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Gal 6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Pro 18:20 A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled.
Pro 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

One of the laws of God is that He will reward every man/person according their ways, their words, and the fruit of their doings.
So when bad things happen to us, why do we ask God, why He did that to us, or why He allowed the devil to do that? When in most cases, we brought it on our selves?
And why do you try to put the fault on someone else, when in most cases it was either you yourself or your spouse that caused the bad or evil things to come about in your life? Is it so hard for you to accept the fault and blame, and just repent?
Please keep in mind that I said in most cases.
Yes, God tests us, but no curse causeless shall take effect. If you didn't do something that was sinful, the test wouldn't have come.
Sicknesses, diseases, and infirmities are not a form of suffering for Christ.
And persecutions come only in the form of those coming against us because of our faith in God and His word, not in the form of sicknesses and diseases.
Jesus bore and carried those things in His own body on the cross for us. One of the very reasons why He became a curse. Not so He can put it back on us. Sicknesses and diseases are a curse, not a blessing of and from God.
If it is a blessing, then why do you try to take medications and/or treatments to alleviate or get cured of that which ails you and/or a loved one? And if it is God's will for you to suffer with the sickness, then again, why do you try to find relief?
Isn't His grace sufficient for you and His strength made perfect in your weakness? Isn't the very reason why you or a loved one is suffering with a sickness, is because God wants you to suffer for His kingdom and demonstrate His strength in you, and to show how humble you are, and what an honor it is to suffer for Christ?
If you don't like what I wrote, then why do you not only think that, but teach the same garbage?
So I conclude by saying that the will of God is for His children's good, but in most cases, because of our disobedience, stubbornness, hardness of heart, evil ways, and negative words that we speak, God sends a curse of judgement on His children.
Which means, that God's will, in most cases, have no bearing on the things that happen in our life.
Though He wants good for you, in most cases, His will is not done. Even the good He wants for us, does not come to pass, because we have chosen or ignorantly said and/or done something that was offensive to God. Thereby causing God's law of sowing and reaping to come into effect.

know1

Aug 27, 2012
Do you know why no one has touched this thread?
Because I gotcha, and there's no way anyone can get around it.
So most of you have to ignore it or turn from what you believe, to what I have just pointed out.
And because most of you refuse the truth of God's word, you choose to ignore it.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
God's mercy and grace supersede the law of sowing and reaping. How many examples do we have in the Word of believers committing sins and yet God blessed them? Protected them? Can not God intervene in His great mercy and deliver us? It seems that though a person walks through the valley of shadow of death, the Lord enters with them to give them an escape. Though Israel was as a harlot, did not the Lord remain faithful? It seems His mercy triumphs over judgement, for He is love.

Psalm 23:4King James Version (KJV)

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

I understand the principle of sowing and reaping, in some ways some might akin it to "karma." A thing of reciprocity. While these principles are true, don't forget God's grace and mercy. He is our Father after all, and He watches over us. People do reap what they sow, no doubt about it. However, His grace is unmerited and He can bestow it as He wishes.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
God is love, and God's will is for all to come to a saving knowledge of Christ and to have life and life more abundantly.
God said that first, not me, and it applies to the here and now, not the sweet by and by or the here after.
God's will is for your good and not evil.Jer 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

(AUV) who wants all people to be saved and come to a [full] knowledge of the truth.

(ALT) who desires all people [or, peoples] to be saved and to come to a full [or, true] knowledge of the truth.

It is obvious that God is love, He loves man, and desires good for and toward him. Otherwise He wouldn't have sent Jesus, not only to save the world, but that they might have good things while in the world. But the laws He has established, have conditions with consequences, and those laws rule out His will for the man He loves so much that He would suffer and die for.
God is not going to change or alter any of the things He has said, and they are forever established.
Psa 119:89 LAMED. For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.

Psa 89:34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.

God has given us the freedom to choose what will happen to us.
Yes, it is a choice. We can either have good things happen to us or bad, depending on what we think, say, and/or do.
Deu 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

The law of sowing and reaping is what we so, that shall we reap.
Jer 32:19 Great in counsel, and mighty in work: for thine eyes are open upon all the ways of the sons of men: to give every one according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings:

Jer 17:10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

Rom 2:6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

Pro 12:14 A man shall be satisfied with good by the fruit of his mouth: and the recompence of a man's hands shall be rendered unto him.

Gal 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Gal 6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Pro 18:20 A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled.
Pro 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

One of the laws of God is that He will reward every man/person according their ways, their words, and the fruit of their doings.
So when bad things happen to us, why do we ask God, why He did that to us, or why He allowed the devil to do that? When in most cases, we brought it on our selves?
And why do you try to put the fault on someone else, when in most cases it was either you yourself or your spouse that caused the bad or evil things to come about in your life? Is it so hard for you to accept the fault and blame, and just repent?
Please keep in mind that I said in most cases.
Yes, God tests us, but no curse causeless shall take effect. If you didn't do something that was sinful, the test wouldn't have come.
Sicknesses, diseases, and infirmities are not a form of suffering for Christ.
And persecutions come only in the form of those coming against us because of our faith in God and His word, not in the form of sicknesses and diseases.
Jesus bore and carried those things in His own body on the cross for us. One of the very reasons why He became a curse. Not so He can put it back on us. Sicknesses and diseases are a curse, not a blessing of and from God.
If it is a blessing, then why do you try to take medications and/or treatments to alleviate or get cured of that which ails you and/or a loved one? And if it is God's will for you to suffer with the sickness, then again, why do you try to find relief?
Isn't His grace sufficient for you and His strength made perfect in your weakness? Isn't the very reason why you or a loved one is suffering with a sickness, is because God wants you to suffer for His kingdom and demonstrate His strength in you, and to show how humble you are, and what an honor it is to suffer for Christ?
If you don't like what I wrote, then why do you not only think that, but teach the same garbage?
So I conclude by saying that the will of God is for His children's good, but in most cases, because of our disobedience, stubbornness, hardness of heart, evil ways, and negative words that we speak, God sends a curse of judgement on His children.
Which means, that God's will, in most cases, have no bearing on the things that happen in our life.
Though He wants good for you, in most cases, His will is not done. Even the good He wants for us, does not come to pass, because we have chosen or ignorantly said and/or done something that was offensive to God. Thereby causing God's law of sowing and reaping to come into effect.
true that God wants good for us but a lot of times the good that wants comes from the suffering. People in the bible thought that sickness was the effect of sin but Jesus said it was for God's glory. I have suffered severely in my life but not because of disobedience or because God's will was not done but so that his heart could shine, I never once blamed God for my suffering and I always blame myself for many things wrong in me and in my life, but I do try to find relief in medications and I do want to be cured of all my illnesses and damaged body parts and if I didn't take the medication I do I would be dead.

But my friend a word of caution you sounded a bit arrogant in your posts here, just a friendly reminder. Many have prayed and begged for God to heal them, knowing what pain and suffering is I can understand their pleas. sickness and suffering is not a battle scar to be proud of and desiring healing is nothing to be ashamed of. If one does not know what true pain and true suffering is then they cannot understand