The Woman who Pointed Me to Christ

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

IDEAtor

Aug 15, 2012
Her voice is the same with everyone, soft with encouragement. It has not changed for at least 28 years. She is my former teacher, my former pastor's wife. She pointed me to Jesus... she taught me how to throw my net Jesus' way. She taught me that I "may never shoot the artillery, but I'm in the Lord's army" (song). She has never tried controlling me, but she has always been someone I wanted to follow. She has never given me a reason to think otherwise. She still supports her husband and thousands of people with her endearing spirit. While I know she is not perfect, she is one of the godliest people I know. She never told me to look at her humility, but I see it. She never told me to imitate her, but her concern for the soul is admirable. She saw me the day I said yes to Jesus for the first time. And she is still playing a mighty role in shining for Jesus.

How do I know this? Well, I went to my childhood camp ground and within minutes of arriving, there, sitting along the path to the Shelter, she and her husband were greeting people with smiles, in heart and on face. Once down at the Shelter, where the service was taking place, I was stunned to find the woman who pointed me to Christ sitting within two seats from myself. While I did not this time thank her for investing in children for the Kingdom, I did receive a bear hug from my former pastor, the woman's pastor-husband. I confess, while this reflection is about her. I was in tears when he hugged me.

God, thank you.
Thank you for godly men and women who stood in the gap for me, when I was a kid.
And thank you for Jesus, who is like none other.

R

Raine

I hope God can use me to reach out to others with love the way she has one day. :). Yes God, thank you for awesome people who take the time to let your light shine! :)