The word and Spirit?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
What do you see as the relationship of the Holy Spirit and scripture working in your life..? Is there a relational sense between the 2?

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Yahchanan 6:63, "It is the Spirit that agives life; the flesh is useless. The Words that I speak to you, they are Spirit, and they are life everlasting."

L

Laodicea

Ephesians 6:17 KJV
(17) And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
1 Peter 1:23 KJV
(23) Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

May 15, 2013
What do you see as the relationship of the Holy Spirit and scripture working in your life..? Is there a relational sense between the 2?
The Holy Spirit is the one that make sure that the gospel is spread through out the world truthfully, and He make sure that everyone understand the word. He sort of bring the word to life in your daily lives so that you can relate to it and know its true meaning.

2 Samuel 12:12 The Lord sent Nathan to David. When he came to him, he said, “There were two men in a certain town, one rich and the other poor. 2 The rich man had a very large number of sheep and cattle, 3 but the poor man had nothing except one little ewe lamb he had bought. He raised it, and it grew up with him and his children. It shared his food, drank from his cup and even slept in his arms. It was like a daughter to him.
4 “Now a traveler came to the rich man, but the rich man refrained from taking one of his own sheep or cattle to prepare a meal for the traveler who had come to him. Instead, he took the ewe lamb that belonged to the poor man and prepared it for the one who had come to him.”
5 David burned with anger against the man and said to Nathan, “As surely as the Lord lives, the man who did this must die! 6 He must pay for that lamb four times over, because he did such a thing and had no pity.”
7 Then Nathan said to David, “You are the man!

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
The Word is our rock and foundation. The way we know truth from untruth. The Spirit leads, guides and comforts us, within the parameters set up by the Word. Sometimes that is also rebuke, or teaching when we have been wrongly taught.

I am most aware of the work of the Spirit when I read my Bible, but also when I am doing ministry in my chaplaincy. The Holy Spirit always gives me the Bible verse the person needs most for encouragement and hope.

I am so grateful to be able to have the freedom to read and preach the Word, under the continual guidance of the Holy Spirit. So yes, there is a HUGE relationship between the two.

"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you." John 14:26

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I-N-S-E-P-E-R-A-B-L-E ! ¡ !

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
God's indwelling Spirit enables us to understand His word, the spiritual sustenance.
"Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God" (1 Cor. 2:12).