The Yale Covenant

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

Many high-profile religious leaders are signing on to this 'new world' religion, as I call it, and, are you OK with this kind of thing that combines religions , not just denomination doctrine tidbits that many do in THEIR own belief in God ,which is not the best way to do things but we all, I think, can find things in our own church's doctrines that is little, or, maybe, even, pretty great, that we don't 'exactly' agree with. The Lord leads.

What do you think of The Yale Covenant ?
Be careful, too, as I said in the Kundalini spirit thread, that we understand that NOT all charismatics, not all lutherans, not all methodists, not all baptists, not all nazarenes, not all church of christ, etc. etc. , non-denoms, too, believe in THIS 'incredible' practice now being signed on, almost through petition form, of getting this mission accomplished.

Do you think that the 'signers' are on a mission from God or ????? Remember, be careful in YOUR judgments :) The Lord leads. I am an Assembly of God denomination churchgoer and I believe in Christ as my Lord, this is at the HEART of ANY Christian's belief.

OK, speak on ! :)

And, speak on this :

Rick Warren, Chrislam and the Yale University Covenant | Moriel Archive

Last edited by a moderator:

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
It is of man and will end in destruction.

The New Covenant is to believe on Yahshua the Messiah, Son of GOD.

Does the Bible record any other way? No!

John 14

Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? 6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
To be honest I am not surprised at this, people want peace more than anything in the world though maybe not for the intended purpose of peace but more of control money resources and power. Now to combine Islam and Christianity as the same thing is just a trap for many people. I would to see how the world handles an idea like that, is this world really ready to obtain all it seeks? Or will the spirit of humanity break the peace offered and just take and kill for all they can handle? If there is one thing I know is that normally when someone brings an idea like that into the world it would be rejected by many if not all people. However something in todays generation makes people more than open to strange Ideas like that, I mean look at lady gaga. She is flat out weird, all her clothes and dresses and the way she acts and talks is just not normal. Ye the world falls head over heels for her because they applaud her strange ways. This tells me that the people in power of this world know that a radical idea such is that is open to the minds of people, and they call us Christians strange.

G

GreenNnice

I would like to hear what rick warren's rationale is for this kind of acceptance of Islamic beilefs into Christianity. We are to LOVE the muslims but HATE their sins, and, it's a sin, make no mistake to not HAVE Christ as their SAVIOR and LORD .

I pray the Lord, through this thread , even, can show those who do not see Jesus as more than a 'prophet' and many more things (read that link I posted please, peoples :) )

Well said, blainers, and my lovely, milady, LoveMe#1 :) Peace is ONLY from God, but, we humans TRY to get it from other things, even, as it's turning out now in these 'last days,' in other religions that are not showing an understanding of the power of God through His Son, who was with Him in the beginning of the universe's foundation, before 'it' was made, He was there, He is the Word, He is the way, as john 1 says, 'The Word was God and the Word was with God," what more can one twist since The Word=Jesus Christ. Was God with God? Of course, NOT ! Jesus WAS with God. :)

And, the Holy Spirit,too, they three are 'one,' and 1 John 5:7 makes this Truth understandably true to anyone who has faith to believe :) And, not just any belief but a belief in Him :)

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I would like to hear what rick warren's rationale is for this kind of acceptance of Islamic beilefs into Christianity. We are to LOVE the muslims but HATE their sins, and, it's a sin, make no mistake to not HAVE Christ as their SAVIOR and LORD .

I pray the Lord, through this thread , even, can show those who do not see Jesus as more than a 'prophet' and many more things (read that link I posted please, peoples :) )

Well said, blainers, and my lovely, milady, LoveMe#1 :) Peace is ONLY from God, but, we humans TRY to get it from other things, even, as it's turning out now in these 'last days,' in other religions that are not showing an understanding of the power of God through His Son, who was with Him in the beginning of the universe's foundation, before 'it' was made, He was there, He is the Word, He is the way, as john 1 says, 'The Word was God and the Word was with God," what more can one twist since The Word=Jesus Christ. Was God with God? Of course, NOT ! Jesus WAS with God. :)

And, the Holy Spirit,too, they three are 'one,' and 1 John 5:7 makes this Truth understandably true to anyone who has faith to believe :) And, not just any belief but a belief in Him :)
You know on my walk today I was talking to God about the different religions and my faith in him. I notice a lot of religions seem to piggy back on Christianity. The all promise salvation, heaven and the good and fulfilled life if you do this and that. Some even say they are based on love yet when people believe in a different God or faith than them like say Christianity they beaten bruised and slaughtered. Ya they really have faith based on love alright. There also are many god's worshiped as well, I told God how I know he is the and only God. He is the only one who can give the gift of salvation for free I might add instead of following strict rules and traditions to be saved. And he is the only one who had proven his power over and over again

G

GreenNnice

Islam, if you read that link, blainers, brother, is worth noting that Islam believes that ALL their good works done might NOT even get them to heaven, there is NO peace in theire religion, yet Christ is here on Earth to save sinners, yes, but, here, is peace to that the Lord gives us.

2 Thessalonians 3:16 Now may the Lord of peace himself give you ... [TABLE]
[TR]
[TD="class: s"]Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. ... Now
may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way. ... [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Numbers 6:26 the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace. ...
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD="class: s"]the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace."' .. ...
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Proverbs 29:17 Discipline your children, and they will give you ...
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD="class: s"]Discipline your children, and they will give you peace; they will bring you the
delights you desire. ... Correct your son, and he will give you peace of mind. ... [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not ...
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD="class: s"]... I don't give you the kind of peace that the world gives. So don't be troubled or
cowardly. ... It is not as the world gives its greetings that I give you peace. ...

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Leviticus 26:6 "'I will grant peace in the land, and you will lie ...
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD="class: s"]... "I will give you peace in the land, and you will be able to sleep with no cause
for fear. ... I'll give peace in the land so that you'll lie down without fear. ... [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Jeremiah 14:13 But I said, "Alas, Sovereign LORD! The prophets ...
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD="class: s"]... Indeed, I will give you lasting peace in this place.'" .. ... [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
2 Samuel 7:11 and have done ever since the time I appointed ...
... So I will give you peace with all your enemies. ... From the time when I put judges over
my people Israel; and I will give you peace from all who are against you. ...

Peace is from God and NOT just any peace either, a peace that passes ALL our understanding :)

Phillipians 4:7
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I wonder how many of you read the article about the Yale covenant??

I do NOT agree with it, but it does not seem like they are trying to combine the two religions, but rather find common ground, so there can be peace instead of hatred between the two religions. That is man's way of doing things, in my opinion.

Mind you, I also do not trust most of those signers, they are always looking for publicity. And Robert Schuller bankrupt? Well, he should be after his false preaching in that monument to himself.

Still, it behoves us to actually read these links so we can talk about them intelligently. And that, of course, can mean disagreeing vehemently with what they are saying!!

Nov 13, 2012
Not really surprising. Every one of these fattened wolves kisses the hand of Rome, so it's simply the next logical step in advancing the ecumentical movement, as they are wont to style it. It has always been the ultimate goal of the ecumenical movement, put into turbo speed with Vatican II, to unite all world religions under Rome--i.e. business as usual for the Pontifex Maximus of the Roman Empire.

I mean, what did you expect from Yale?