there is a great attack on the Lord Jesus and The Holy Spirit today

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
WHEN I SAY ATTACK, I do not mean in any way, shape, or fashion that our Lord or the Holy Spirit is affected by what man or the devil is doing. I disagree that the "attack on the Holy Spirit" has anything to do with one not accepting the gifts of the Holy Spirit for today or one speaking out against the foolishness seen on TV or Youtube.

The attack is on those who are 'Christians" but are carnal, lukewarm, and have a form of godliness but deny the power thereof.

Those who have perverted the Gospel message and the love of God in such a way that we have those in the church calling good evil and evil good. Men and women of God sitting in these churches know and support of Sexual perversion, deception, and abandonment of the truth of God's word because they do not want to offend anyone.

Now many who see the error of their ways want to suggest that there is an attack on the Holy Spirit. Who is God? The devil is a liar.

Nothing can resist God. Only the lack of faith and obedience removes the promises of God and gives place to the devil. We are not to give place to the devil. Adam gave place to the devil, Cain gave place to the devil, David gave place to the devil, and Solomon.

The devil did not take what they gave to him. Jesus took from the devil what man gave to him.

Give no place to the devil. Submit to God and resist the devil; he will run from you.

People are sowing to the flesh and reaping corruption. In addition, we are in the last days; as Jesus said, you should be able to see IF you are actively looking through his word and knowing the signs of the times.
to deny the gifts, miracles, prosperity is to deny the power of redemption and God's ability to transform lives.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
If one will not stand for the truth of God's word when it is unpopular, one will not do so when they make it illegal.
among the vast bulk of evangelicalism the old fashioned [hell and damnation] gospel is not unpopular, legalism and formality are not unpopular.

Grace, miracles, prosperity. blessing. These are the unpopular messages among the majority of evangelicalism. Folks who preach and believe these doctrine have stink attached to them.

Even as they watch and SEE the multitudes that are being saved by this gospel of the life more abundant.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
you know, the reason I posted that scripture from Lamentations 3, is because the state of Israel could not have been worse and Jeremiah is known as the 'weeping prophet'

In spite of all the horror around him, he still hopes in God. Yes, we all complain, many of us, as we see what is going on around us and the apparent decline of Christianity

we know that the Bible tells us that it will become worse and not better....nonetheless, I am sure we all would like things to 'get better'

so again, it is ONLY through the Lords' mercies we are not consumed. frankly, I do not know how those who have no hope in God go through their day. I myself cannot....literally cannot...watch too much news anymore because it is disgusting to see what is going on in this country and how it is being systematically destroyed. I get angry and say things I later apologize to God for saying

I find it very upsetting...the border, illegals running around without any vaccine and carrying covid around the country, the mandates for Americans while hundreds of thousands are just let go and not even tested, the terrible decisions being made and the lies, lies, and more lies.

read Lamentations and tell me it does not sound familiar. Jeremiah's prophecies fell on deaf ears and hard hearts....those prophesying great movements of God are coming and the sons of God are going to be 'manifest' (I am so tired of that word) are LYING. they are deceived. again, read Jeremiah

but God's steadfast love never ceases. He is faithful and merciful and our portion. He is good to those who wait for Him...to those who put their hope in Him. Every morning everything He is, is still here. I guess I speak to myself as much as to anyone else

that is why I quoted from Lamentations 3. God gives me hope and He is the steadfast One in this storm

Great, is His faithfulness.
lovely

Jeremiah's message, so hated by the establishment was if the Jews would submit themselves to the king of Babylon and allow themselves to be deported God would bless them and protect them and prosper them in Babylon.

Jeremiah was regarded as the traitor.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
So, who's to blame for our churches leaving the teachings of Jesus and Scripture. I suggest three main culprits, Satan, faithless pastors, and look in the mirror for the third.
The Rapture PROVES that God can revive His church anytime He wants to, He doesn't need to wait for our permission. The Holy Spirit can descend from heaven with a shout of command and lift His church up to a new place in Christ.

... regardless of man's "freewill"

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
amen a world friendly version of the gospel that parts from repentance and righteousness being central points .

“Jesus died so we don’t have to repent and obey or do anything he said “ is appealing to those who love the world but those who love the lord are different about his word

“Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:23-24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

without his word in the gospel we’re still walking in the darkness of the world
Amen the cross and He who died thereon is all our message.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
to deny the gifts, miracles, prosperity is to deny the power of redemption and God's ability to transform lives.
yes it is but hopefully that messages registers now that it's been put this way.

But when people have been hardened in such a belief.

Remember what the Bible says 😉

It's hard to kick against the prick

CS1

May 23, 2012
among the vast bulk of evangelicalism the old fashioned [hell and damnation] gospel is not unpopular, legalism and formality are not unpopular.

Grace, miracles, prosperity. blessing. These are the unpopular messages among the majority of evangelicalism. Folks who preach and believe these doctrine have stink attached to them.

Even as they watch and SEE the multitudes that are being saved by this gospel of the life more abundant.

We are to be light & salt. Miracles are done to confirm the word of God that has been preached.

Mark 16:20
"And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord was working with them and confirming the word by the signs that followed."

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
many Christians today have a vast amount of disagreement for many doctrinal differences. Yet we have and are able to agree on the essentials of the faith. There is today a very hostel movement in the United States that started in the 1980s with the homosexual agenda. Today less than 40 % call themselves Christian or Identify with the born-again experience.

The hostility to the Godhead and coming from those who are so-called educated in theology and Christian doctrine. They speak of God without reverence or humility. Just like Charles Darwin who had a theological degree but was not accepted sought to grind and ax. This is nothing new.

Today Christians are called racist and there is an open mockery of the Lord Jesus Christ as never before. Biblical illiteracy and no relationship with Christ have hurt the church with those who have not been born again but fooled again. Having a form of godliness but deny the POWER of The Lord Jesus Christ.

Jesus say in (Mat.7:21) “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven”. For students to succeed in school, students learn to follow their teachers' instructions, and learn their lessons carefully. But few apply this method when they are dealing with the word of God. Is Jesus your Lord? Then why don’t you do the things he says. (Luke 6:46) “And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say”? He told people plainly: (Ex 20:8-10) (v.8) Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. (v.9) Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: (v.10) “But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD thy God”.

Paul say in 2 Corinthians 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him. Now any Christian in their right mind wouldn’t dare say that it’s okay to steal, kill or commit adultery or break any of the other seven commandments. But when it comes to the fourth commandment, people avoid it like a plague! They are either uninformed about which day is the Sabbath day of the God of the Bible or they are just following the tradition of religion that was passed down through the family or maybe they have let some preacher give them other excuses for ignoring God’s true day of worship.

F

FollowingtheWay

[QUOTE="BroTan, post: 5101369, member: 310711 They are either uninformed about which day is the Sabbath day of the God of the Bible or they are just following the tradition of religion that was passed down through the family or maybe they have let some preacher give them other excuses for ignoring God’s true day of worship.[/QUOTE]

I think Jesus is less concerned with your strict obedience to letter of sabbath law and more interested in the spirit of keeping sabbath Jesus himself allready clarified this when approached by the Pharisees. Weather Saturday or Sunday I bet Jesus doesn’t care. Some pastors I’ve read about practice sabbath on Saturday and do their sermons on Sunday. What matters is did you get sabbath rest for your soul at least one day a week observing our God is a God who places natural rhythms in all of his creation. There is the spirit of the law and then there is the letter of the law. The letter kills while the spirit gives life.

“And the Pharisees were saying to him, “Look, why are they doing what is not lawful on the Sabbath?” And he said to them, “Have you never read what David did, when he was in need and was hungry, he and those who were with him: how he entered the house of God, in the time ofAbiathar the high priest, and ate the bread of the Presence, which it is not lawful for any but the priests to eat, and also gave it to those who were with him?” And he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.””
‭‭Mark‬ ‭2‬:‭24‬-‭28‬ ‭ESV‬‬