They thought I was a good Christian.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Ramon

They thought I was a good Christian. I went to church on Sunday, I wore the clothes, I sang the songs, I cried a few times. I went to the altar many times. I paid the tithes, and I gave more when I was more sorry, or I gave more when the pastor made me laugh more. Surely, I was being a good Christian. Surely, I was on my way to heaven, right?

NO!!!!!!!

All of this falsehood offended me. I was on a path to hell. And I became more angry and bitter with God and with people in Church. I didn't respect ANYONE!! NOT ONE PERSON!! I was vile if anything, like the chief of sinners. I didn't fear man and I surely didn't fear God.

But as long as I did the routines right I could go to church and be blessed and highly favored. LIES!!!

I thank Jesus more than anything that he saved me from hell. He drew me out of deception into his light. He saved me from my sins which would have landed me right in hell, while I wore my church suit. I was so dead like the rest. Those gospels gave me no rest, because they allowed me to continue in sin. I could be a good Christian and go to church and get a ministry position so long as I paid my tithes like a good Christian and went to Church on Sunday. And if I was really holy I would go on Wednesdays.

No way. I was on my way to hell, and no one could stop me. And then Jesus snatched me out of the pit. From the smooth talk that would seduce me to hell. I was clean on the outside, but my inside was fierce and violent. Only by his grace my friends. ONLY BY HIS GRACE!!

Jesus snatched me out and revealed to me my wickedness. He put me on my back and on my face. He slew me with his tongue. He cut me with his words. Deep. And took me captive. He snatched me out of my bondage and put me in lighter chains. These new chains lead to eternal life, but the old chains lead to death.

I was a righteous corpse. JESUS CHRIST IS ALL WE NEED!! HE WILL TEACH US THE TRUTH! HE WILL SAVE US FROM DECEPTION AND SIN. HE WILL TEACH US THE WAY. HE WILL GIVE US THE LIFE.

IT IS ALL ABOUT JESUS CHRIST!! IT IS NOT ABOUT THESE FASHION SHOWS THEY CALL CHURCH. IT IS ABOUT JESUS CHRIST AND LOVING ONE ANOTHER, AND LOVING GOD. SHOW ME A MAN WHO OBEYS GOD AND I WILL SHOW YOU A MAN THAT LOVES HIM.

OBEY JESUS. DON'T FOLLOW TRADITIONS THAT ARE CONTRARY TO GOD. AND IF THEY PERSECUTE YOU FOR IT, BE HAPPY. WE CAN BE NO GREATER THAN JESUS. IF HE SERVED IN LOVE TILL DEATH, SO WILL WE.

LOVE IS PATIENT AND KIND AND GENTLE, AND PERFECT!! SEEK FOR PERFECT LOVE TILL HE COMES. THEN YOU WILL ENDURE THE NIGHT!

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
.In church on sunday the pastor talked about the "tender" love of Jesus. He read the gospel in Luke 5 about the leper asking Jesus to touch him and make him clean. Jesus, in an act of tender love, touches the leprous man and says I will, be thou clean. That leprous man is me. I am Unclean in the eyes of God. I ask Jesus to touch me and make me clean, and Jesus over and over shows tender love and touches me and makes me clean. No one else can do this, only Jesus. Going to church is good for you if you go with the right heart. But a heart of stone cannot accept this tender love. Has Jesus touched you and made you clean? He is right there waiting for you to ask. Ask Him.

God Bless You

A

AnandaHya

.In church on sunday the pastor talked about the "tender" love of Jesus. He read the gospel in Luke 5 about the leper asking Jesus to touch him and make him clean. Jesus, in an act of tender love, touches the leprous man and says I will, be thou clean. That leprous man is me. I am Unclean in the eyes of God. I ask Jesus to touch me and make me clean, and Jesus over and over shows tender love and touches me and makes me clean. No one else can do this, only Jesus. Going to church is good for you if you go with the right heart. But a heart of stone cannot accept this tender love. Has Jesus touched you and made you clean? He is right there waiting for you to ask. Ask Him.

God Bless You
what a wonderful testimony :)

Praise be to Almighty God! :)

R

Ramon

God Bless You
AMEN!!! MAY JESUS BLESS YOU!! Yes, it is about the heart!!!

R

Ramon

God Bless You
However, it is impossible for us to know our own hearts until the Lord reveals it, even less the hearts of others. Something greatly disturbed me however, and this is a lingering thing that I have seen, and I am sure it is in many churches, this evil spirit:

One day my friend invited me to her church, and it was a Methodist Church. And I was going to go, just to see what Methodist do and things, but mainly to support the girl who asked me to come. And from a certain person I got a strange look, as if I was going to a satanic worship temple, and the words, ''you know THOSE METHODISTS..''. I had to fight against this prejudice spirit all the way to the church. Even in the parking lot I was plagued by old ancient hypocritical ideas. I had to repent right in the parking ideas, even for the thoughts.

These thoughts and ideas stemmed from years of traditional nonsense, saying that Baptists and Methodists and so on, do not know Jesus, and they teach strange doctrine. Anyhow. I went, not to observe doctrine, but to observe fruit. (I want to tell about the time I went to a Baptist church also.)

And I was very pleased with the things these people were about. My friend spoke that night. And the Holy Spirit showed up and it would have been a conviction if I hadn't repented beforehand. It was just what I needed to hear.

I realized that in many of these churches there are still people who truly believe in Jesus, although some of them might be like the Pharisees who believed but did not speak up because they feared being put out of the synagogues.

I went to a Baptist Church one night, my friend and I were walking, and he just saw the church and went in. I was like, ''are you really going to do that?'' He is so goofy, he just walks in. And I stand outside and wait for a while. But then I get to thinking, ''this guy is just so silly.'' I went in to see if he was still alive. LOL.

I got in and he sat in a back pew smirking like he wanted to laugh. I sat on the pews next to him and on that row was a man full of an evil spirit. He got up off the row and looked at me like he was wanting me to leave. I looked at that devil and smirked at him as if he can get of the row I am on if he wants to. Anyhow it was short and simple sermon.

The pastors were really nice, and one other lady was really nice to us and greeted us well. But other people just sorta looked at us strange.

Well, a few days after this night, the church burned down, though it had been there almost forever. I was so shocked and amazed, and I wondered what happened there. If anything I am sure that evil spirit had something to do with it. I think the main thing holding those people back was not financial or location, but it was a spiritual stronghold.

It was amazing what things go on in churches, that people are not spiritual enough to pick up. And unless people get these things right, I doubt these churches will last long, BUT THERE IS ALWAYS A REMNANT!!

May Jesus bless you.

Last edited: