This can't be... am I crazy?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
So I woke up this morning to my radio playing k-love as it always does. and do you know what I woke up to? them saying that tonight the government is being shut down. I was completely doubtful they could or would shut it down, and even still until it actually happens I don't believe it. but has anyone else heard of this? they can't possibly do this can they? and for it to happen to day? there must be a mistake right? I just heard wrong correct?

J

J-Kay

Blain, I haven't heard anything as of yet, but have been busy.
However it was said last week it would only last about one day
and half. We will be finding out soon ~

J

J-Kay

Blain, I haven't heard anything as of yet, but have been busy.
However it was said last week it would only last about one day
and half. We will be finding out soon ~ There is no agreement
yet. Less than 9 hours we will know according to Fox news...

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
I have grown out of this whole thing... The way I see it is as follows...

We have done nothing but sit down and cry with out tails between our legs during this whole ordeal... We have substantial facts against what the Govt. is doing but we do nothing in fear... Not 1 person has stood up. If Moses did the same in Egypt, well I don't think the Jews would have ever found JIsreal... And the bible says let the man who does work also not eat... We haven't worked for our freedom so why should we eat in it...

2nd off, what can we do now? With tomorrow coming faster than we can react what can we do? Worry ourselves 24/7 and panic? Or do we just sit firm in Christ... I understand you can think about this topic and pursue it while in Christ... However, look at Christ's day...Isreal was under Roman rule. Did Christ cry and complain? Or did He make the very best out of a bad situation...

You want my opinion... If everything happens tomorrow what I expect will, there will be a revolution shortly... And with that revolution you will not see the glory of America, you will see the ugly of this world... We are prude, rich, snotty little children in America (Children as in our population). We care more about this possible sorrow coming at Oct. 1'st... But what did we do when Yugoslavia was in utter massacre, or Philippines has the 2nd highest number of Jihad attacks per capita. Look at all these people from Philippines on this forum, nothing but good and kindness from them... majority of the hate and evil comes from us Americans...My point being, I think this country at the moment could share in some sorrow... We have been too wasteful with the amazing things God had given us... (Take in note I am no better then the worst person...)

America has fallen, we inherit an amazing gift of freedom and unequaled wealth. If you make minimum wage you are making 40 times more than the average person on earth... Yet we cry and complain about that.... How dare us, I understand our standard of living is falling, But when you look around the world you see theirs is falling even faster... We inherit this gift and now expect to hold it like its our right... Every generation before us has had to fight for that right in one way or fashion... Why should we just inherit something everyone has fought for... Wonder why our govt. is getting this bad, don't blame the govt. blame the people who know whats going on and do nothing... (Myself included)

Last edited:
J

JessicaMae

If the congress doesn't come up with a decision on Obamacare by tonight, which they most likely won't. The government is going to be "shut down". It is not literally shut down, the big problem is there is gonna be no spending bills passed. So this affects small business loans and military

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
So I was looking up on my subsciptions on youtube and one of them who normally is an encouraging person sound minded and likes to keep people in peace made a video that upset me. He is telling everyone when this happens mass chaos and murder will happen, 9-11 calls will be shut down no more ambulances or fire stations will be available and will also be shut down. there will be people killing and stealing to survive and basically described everything the bible says will happen in the tribulation. I cannot believe people are striking fear into peoples hearts because of their theories. you don't go around saying that kind of crap when the world is already in panic about this. I have seen many movies and shows in my day showing all this would happen if we didn't have the government anymore, and yes the tribulation is what people believe would happen. But we have lived just fine without a government before haven't we/ why is everyone freaking out about this? And worse, why are they trying to scare people like this?

J

JessicaMae

So I was looking up on my subsciptions on youtube and one of them who normally is an encouraging person sound minded and likes to keep people in peace made a video that upset me. He is telling everyone when this happens mass chaos and murder will happen, 9-11 calls will be shut down no more ambulances or fire stations will be available and will also be shut down. there will be people killing and stealing to survive and basically described everything the bible says will happen in the tribulation. I cannot believe people are striking fear into peoples hearts because of their theories. you don't go around saying that kind of crap when the world is already in panic about this. I have seen many movies and shows in my day showing all this would happen if we didn't have the government anymore, and yes the tribulation is what people believe would happen. But we have lived just fine without a government before haven't we/ why is everyone freaking out about this? And worse, why are they trying to scare people like this?
The government has been shut down many times, believe it or not. It sounds way worse than what it actually is. Some people are just gonna be out of money and jobs.

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
Blain you are apart of the side scaring people... Not the govt. at this point... I think all you want to hear out of this thread is confirmation on how bad it will be... What will that do... What will it prosper if we just cry about how bad this country will become? If you can tell me a good answer then I will back your agenda 100%... And don't say that action will be taken place of this, because if it were to be action. You and the people you listen to would not wait till we are slaughtered and destroy ourselves to act... Sounds to me like the people who know about this whole thing, are the ones who cower...

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
The government has been shut down many times, believe it or not. It sounds way worse than what it actually is. Some people are just gonna be out of money and jobs.
Ya I heard seventeen years ago it was shut down, it's really not a big a deal yet people are scaring everyone with stupid videos like that. not most people watch the news for information on this, they instead go on youtube to people who are hard core conspiracy theorists/Christians. these people are constantly far too focused on these things and I believe are secretly wanting all this to happen so they look at something like this and take it way too far. Sure I pay attention to this stuff but my main focus is on God, and then to see people striking fear into others because of what they think will happen and then claim it to be a fact just really gets to me. even if this was true you don't go around saying stuff like that

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Blain you are apart of the side scaring people... Not the govt. at this point... I think all you want to hear out of this thread is confirmation on how bad it will be... What will that do... What will it prosper if we just cry about how bad this country will become? If you can tell me a good answer then I will back your agenda 100%... And don't say that action will be taken place of this, because if it were to be action. You and the people you listen to would not wait till we are slaughtered and destroy ourselves to act... Sounds to me like the people who know about this whole thing, are the ones who cower...
No I first off do not seek any confirmation of how bad it will be because it will not be bad at all people just always assume. the government being shut down has happened before and we are fine so while this is strange I don't think it will be the (end of the world) like people say. I used to be obsessed with this very same thing until I realized what it was doing to me in my faith and then saw how people were getting freaked out by this stuff by assuming stuff like this. so either way if it gets shut down I have my bible and I have God, whether this greatly affects our lives or not my faith will be my hope. But I do not like how someone who I highly regarded because he did not buy into this stuff and was focused on God makes a video like the one I saw.

santuzza

Feb 12, 2013
Calm down, everybody! The world as we know it is NOT going to end because the US government "shuts down."

This happened in 1995 -- I lived through it -- didn't even feel it. Mostly what happens are things like passports and visas are not processed and federal parks are closed. Government checks still go out. Emergency services are still available (those are under local jurisdiction, not federal). Our military will still be on the ready.

This is mostly a political ploy.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
it happened in 1980 for a couple hours,
it happened in 1990 (partially)
it happened in 1995-96 for almost a whole month

in a nutshell, a lot of government employees will be laid off without pay until a spending bill passes. things like national parks, museums, and other federal offices will be closed. "essential" things like SS and soldiers pay won't be disrupted, and national security operations will go on, etc.

it is pretty much a side-show act, and both the major news networks and the major news network that likes to pretend that only the other networks are "major" are playing the heck out of it, because for one thing they are a for-profit business, and when people get scared or angry with politics they watch the news, so it pays to scare them and make them angry, and well, it is "news" after all. discouragingly so.

[brief political rant]
why do any of these congressmen still have jobs when one chamber has now tried for the 44th time to pass a bill they know absolutely won't clear the other chamber, much less the white house, and the other chamber can barely be bothered to show up for work?
why are we going to be subjected to a week or two of propaganda blaming the people who promised the defunding amendment wouldn't pass for not passing the defunding amendment? why does this keep getting treated like a boxing match? it's ourselves we're beating up, the left hand and the right hand.
why will about half the country eat all that propaganda up and love it?
[/rant]

Sep 1, 2013
I’ve stopped getting the “news” for about 2 years now and I’ve never felt better. I mean news from all sources: “mainstream” (CNN, Fox, ABC, CBC, BBC, CTV, CBS, NBC etc,,) and also “alternative” media (Alex Jones, World Net Daily, Global Research, Above Top Secret, Alan Watt, Republic Broadcasting etc…). It all comes from the same source, Satan, who wants people to fear anything besides God.

Kreation

Sep 19, 2013
I’ve stopped getting the “news” for about 2 years now and I’ve never felt better. I mean news from all sources: “mainstream” (CNN, Fox, ABC, CBC, BBC, CTV, CBS, NBC etc,,) and also “alternative” media (Alex Jones, World Net Daily, Global Research, Above Top Secret, Alan Watt, Republic Broadcasting etc…). It all comes from the same source, Satan, who wants people to fear anything besides God.

A whole bunch of propaganda! indeed :)

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
it is so sad the we have to wade through all the media garbage to get to the real truth. I don't watch the mainstream media either.