This is how a real preacher preaches.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 23, 2013
Tired of hearing "saved by grace", "saved by grace", "saved by grace".... but you need to quit doing this, that, and the other if you really want to please God.

I grew up Southern Baptist, and that was pretty much the sermon every Sunday, a lot of talk about grace with a lot of teaching about how to do, do, do in order to make myself a better Christian. Most all preachers preach that way because they don't understand the bible.

Listen to this guy, he teaches you how to read and understand the bible yourself... you wont get this kind of teaching in the denominations. I hope you enjoy!

[video=youtube;_RV6m30jM1A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RV6m30jM1A[/video]​

V

Viligant_Warrior

Tired of hearing "saved by grace", "saved by grace", "saved by grace"...
No! And I never, ever will be!

I grew up Southern Baptist, and that was pretty much the sermon every Sunday, a lot of talk about grace with a lot of teaching about how to do, do, do in order to make myself a better Christian. Most all preachers preach that way because they don't understand the bible.
Really? Interesting ...

Tell me, what do you do with this verse?
1 Timothy 4, NASB
7 But have nothing to do with worldly fables fit only for old women. On the other hand, discipline yourself for the purpose of godliness;
8 for bodily discipline is only of little profit, but godliness is profitable for all things, since it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.

First, this "Rod-Watchman" nonsense
about the so-called "Bible codes" (which are non-existent -- God has hidden nothing from us, as it is His revealed word) and the Caduceus is just the kind of worldly fable Paul warned young TImothy about.

Second, taking on "godliness" is, indeed, "doing" in order to be a better Christian, and no less than Paul told his protégé Timothy to engage in it. Seems like good advise for a young pastor, advise that needed to be passed on to his church. Apparently Watchman didn't read that passage of Scripture.

The word εὐσέβεια
in the Greek, translated "godliness here, means devoutness, reverence, respect, even piety, toward God. It implies that the "doing" of the spiritual disciplines --Bible reading and study, worship, prayer, fellowship, personal reflection, and service -- causes the heart to follow the action. In other words, doing these things changes our heart/spirit attitude about living the Christian life so that, rather than finding it "too hard" to do, we gradually become enthusiastic about it.

So I reject your "easy righteousness" achieved through gobbledy-gook. Christians want to find an "easier, softer way" to live a Christian life, and the truth is, there isn't one. Grow in Christ by doing in Christ. There is no other way.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2013
No! And I never, ever will be!

Really? Interesting ...

Tell me, what do you do with this verse?
1 Timothy 4, NASB
7 But have nothing to do with worldly fables fit only for old women. On the other hand, discipline yourself for the purpose of godliness;
8 for bodily discipline is only of little profit, but godliness is profitable for all things, since it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.

First, this "Rod-Watchman" nonsense
about the so-called "Bible codes" (which are non-existent -- God has hidden nothing from us, as it is His revealed word) and the Caduceus is just the kind of worldly fable Paul warned young TImothy about.

Second, taking on "godliness" is, indeed, "doing" in order to be a better Christian, and no less than Paul told his protégé Timothy to engage in it. Seems like good advise for a young pastor, advise that needed to be passed on to his church. Apparently Watchman didn't read that passage of Scripture.

The word εὐσέβεια
in the Greek, translated "godliness here, means devoutness, reverence, respect, even piety, toward God. It implies that the "doing" of the spiritual disciplines --Bible reading and study, worship, prayer, fellowship, personal reflection, and service -- causes the heart to follow the action. In other words, doing these things changes our heart/spirit attitude about living the Christian life so that, rather than finding it "too hard" to do, we gradually become enthusiastic about it.

So I reject your "easy righteousness" achieved through gobbledy-gook. Christians want to find an "easier, softer way" to live a Christian life, and the truth is, there isn't one. Grow in Christ by doing in Christ. There is no other way.
Sorry you didn't enjoy.:)