This knucklehead was almost our VP.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Well, I suppose he could have refused to allow the funding of the Government to come to vote........and force a Government shutdown, thereby assuring that the Republicans would be soundly defeated in Congressional races in 2016, and lose their control of the Senate ---- and possibly the House...........but, hey, :) the Base would be filled with Joy.

S

Sirk

Well, I suppose he could have refused to allow the funding of the Government to come to vote........and force a Government shutdown, thereby assuring that the Republicans would be soundly defeated in Congressional races in 2016, and lose their control of the Senate ---- and possibly the House...........but, hey, :) the Base would be filled with Joy.
I think he surrendered and cemented Obamas agenda for the remainder of his term. Look for the hammer to fall next in regards to global warming/cooling shrinking/growing. Not to mention the unfettered Islamic invasion to continue.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
On the plus side, he's the first bearded speaker of the house in how long?

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
You know, he's part of the surrender caucus. Hopefully that means surrender to Ted Cruz/Donald Trump/Marco Rubio.

S

Sirk

On the plus side, he's the first bearded speaker of the house in how long?
I'm wondering if he isn't sleeping at night. Lot's of pressure up there I suppose..... Especially if he has any private indiscretions that the wrong people know about.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
or vain conceit but in humility consider others better than you consider yourselves."

We are so busy considering our own point of view that we don't take the time to consider another's. I wonder what would happen if we each could attempt to argue from a perspective that was the polar opposite of what hold. The topic could be politics, immigration or any other hot button topic. It would not be productive to denounce God or Jesus...let's at least be sensible.

Some topics would make some very uncomfortable such as abortion. No topics are off limits here. The only rule is that you have to argue from a differing opinion than the one you hold. If you get sarcastic about it you are not really considering the other side. Who here can step outside their entrenched views of the world see something thru someone else's eyes?

It is my view that we Americans get so wrapped up emotionally in whatever topic we are discussing that we lose the ability to truly communicate, connect and reason with others.

( just saying........ )

:cool:

S

Sirk

or vain conceit but in humility consider others better than you consider yourselves."

We are so busy considering our own point of view that we don't take the time to consider another's. I wonder what would happen if we each could attempt to argue from a perspective that was the polar opposite of what hold. The topic could be politics, immigration or any other hot button topic. It would not be productive to denounce God or Jesus...let's at least be sensible.

Some topics would make some very uncomfortable such as abortion. No topics are off limits here. The only rule is that you have to argue from a differing opinion than the one you hold. If you get sarcastic about it you are not really considering the other side. Who here can step outside their entrenched views of the world see something thru someone else's eyes?

It is my view that we Americans get so wrapped up emotionally in whatever topic we are discussing that we lose the ability to truly communicate, connect and reason with others.

( just saying........ )

:cool:
I found myself having an emotional response to this post. I felt a bit of a knot in my stomach. It's hard to hear your own words used against you.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I found myself having an emotional response to this post. I felt a bit of a knot in my stomach. It's hard to hear your own words used against you.
Love ya much Bro................. :)

I also loved the quoted comment.............food all of us need to take to heart............ :)

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
I thought about what you wrote Little Elephant and I truly would have a hard time liking Donald Trump for anything other than TV entertainment as in You're Fired!!!

I would truly have a hard time seeing him as a balanced individual....frightens me that he might get a chance at President. I might just have to move to Costa Rica for a while....

I truly couldn't argue for him.....I am truly cemented in NO NOT TRUMP!

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Just my opinion Sister........others are free to support him or not........and that is fine with me. Just voicing why I could not.

:)

Then, again, there aren't too many other of the Candidates I could support either.............sigh......... :(

I do not know this for TRUTH, but I heard a quick blurb yesterday morning that when asked by a Reporter what he thought of Putin endorsing him/praising him, he said it was a great compliment............seriously?

Then the Reporter asked him about Putin invading other countries to try and reassemble the old USSR.......and he responded something like........ "When you make pancakes, you gotta break a few eggs......"

Now, to be CLEAR........I do not know for sure he actually said these things, just heard it in passing as I was at the VA dealing with them............

But, if he did say this, then it is another example of what can a person say and still be acceptable? Comparing the lives being lost through Russian aggression in Eastern Europe with breaking a few eggs?

I hope this was a sham.............I honestly do.

R

RachelBibleStudent

when both 'the base' and the left are filled with joy...then you know who is on what side...

R

RachelBibleStudent

Just my opinion Sister........others are free to support him or not........and that is fine with me. Just voicing why I could not.

:)

Then, again, there aren't too many other of the Candidates I could support either.............sigh......... :(

I do not know this for TRUTH, but I heard a quick blurb yesterday morning that when asked by a Reporter what he thought of Putin endorsing him/praising him, he said it was a great compliment............seriously?

Then the Reporter asked him about Putin invading other countries to try and reassemble the old USSR.......and he responded something like........ "When you make pancakes, you gotta break a few eggs......"

Now, to be CLEAR........I do not know for sure he actually said these things, just heard it in passing as I was at the VA dealing with them............

But, if he did say this, then it is another example of what can a person say and still be acceptable? Comparing the lives being lost through Russian aggression in Eastern Europe with breaking a few eggs?

I hope this was a sham.............I honestly do.
yes trump has come out as a putin fan...they are birds of a feather...

ivana trump said her ex husband read from a book of hitler speeches that he kept in a cabinet by his bed...the hitlers and putins of the world are the kind of people trump admires...and wants to emulate...

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
With regards to the Spending Bill..........this morning FNC and one of the Repubs who worked on the Bill went through it and revealed what the Repubs and Ryan were able to achieve with it.

I can't remember every example, but the highlights were:

80 Billion for Veterans.(different programs)

Increase in Military spending to upgrade the Military

Extension of numerous Tax Cuts

Funding for certain Health Care Institutions (not part of Obama Care) that service the Military and other Americans

Opening up additional areas for drilling for oil

These are the highlights I remember, but there were more...........sure one can search for the Bill and read the details.

It also prevented a Government Shutdown which would have guaranteed the Repubs being soundly defeated in 2016. Repubs are always blamed for and punished for Government Shutdowns............even when it's the Dems fault.

(did the Dems also get some stuff? Well, yes, that is how it works........gotta have 60 votes......)

S

Sirk

yes trump has come out as a putin fan...they are birds of a feather...

ivana trump said her ex husband read from a book of hitler speeches that he kept in a cabinet by his bed...the hitlers and putins of the world are the kind of people trump admires...and wants to emulate...
so reading something equates to wanting to emulate it now? That's like saying that I've read the Koran and now I'm on board with jihad. Your intellectual dishonesty, arrogance and the irony you display on this board is astounding to me.

R

RachelBibleStudent

so reading something equates to wanting to emulate it now? That's like saying that I've read the Koran and now I'm on board with jihad. Your intellectual dishonesty, arrogance and the irony you display on this board is astounding to me.
no...but trump has proposed policies that infringe on the first amendment rights of freedom of religion and freedom of the press...and gun control policies that infringe on the second amendment right to bear arms...and proposed a 'deportation force' that would have to carry out mass violations of the fourth amendment right against unreasonable search and seizure in order to be even remotely as effective as he claims it will be...

so we know what type of 'strong leader' trump thinks he can be...and it just so happens that his tyrannical aspirations match up pretty well with his bedtime reading...