This might sound crazy!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

biblicalsandy

This might sound crazy, but I will do anything crazy for Christ Jesus! I have 5 tattoos, and have been wanting them off of me. Yes, I know I should not have done it in the first place..:)! Anyways I have been doing salabrasion with a dremel, as I can not afford laser treatment! I will say, it has been going well...which makes me happy, because soon I will not have them anymore!

U

Ugly

I have two tats I got after I got saved. And would like a couple more. No problems there.

F

Fractal_Curve

I do wonder... Would Jesus want you to use the time, money and effort to get rid of your tattoos, which are after all only physical, material things, not spiritual...or to help people in need?

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 7, 2015
Sounds like a clever way to remove them.... as long as you don't get in a hurry, and give yourself a big scar.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I just can't even imagine taking a dremel to a part of my body...

Feb 7, 2015
I have heard of "Tat-B-Gone" and "Fade Away" being used fairly effectively.

P

purpose

My husband and I were discussing this a liitle bit ago. I Have a very small one nearly faded and hid very well. After my liitle sis passed i wanted to get a purple rose on the inside of my right arm where she had one. hubby said no. So I bought a rose bush instead.! tonight he is talking of getting one? Idk . Is It in the bible not to do this?

B

biblicalsandy

Used Tat-B-Gone, it did not work for me. Dremeling has the same effect as when I got my tats, and I figure I was able to get them with that pain..I can take them off with the same likewise pain! It's not that bad, I have come out of surgeries with worse!

B

biblicalsandy

I have convictions about mine, and have been feeling better spiritually since removing them..but that is me! I know that the flesh will perish, but it is mental to me!..:)

B

biblicalsandy

I believe this scripture talks about it, at least this is what i take from it...Leviticus 19:28 - Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I [am] the LORD.

B

biblicalsandy

I do many things for God, including helping others in many ways! If it brings me peace, because having them convicts me. I don't think he would mind! Do you know what I do with my time? Anyways, I know that flesh will perish, but it is a mental thing for me. Would Jesus want me to feel peace? He declares yes, he knows my heart, and my growth. I tried to commit suicide about 20 times, due to being scapegoated most of my life. Taken for everything, by robbers and thieves. To know me, I am a very non materialistic person. I even had Publishers Clearing House contact me, and I told them I was not interested. As I was not a woman to build her riches here where rust and moths can destroy, and that they can keep their Mammon...I live off $194.00 a month for food, I own no car, but walk..or use my mobility scooter!..and living on so little, God has pulled me through for years!..:)

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Two things there... you'll get some who say we are no longer under the law, therefore you can ignore that. I see their point but don't totally agree.

and... isn't the Dremel thing kinda another form of cutting? Sorry, not trying to harsh your buzz, just throwing it out for consideration. Spiritual cleansing usually occurs under the name of Jesus... not Dremel. But hey, I don't know what they are, I don't know what they mean... And if Jesus is telling you to take the Dremel to yourself then by all means go ahead. I just can't help think tho that Jesus looks at what's inside... and while what's inside may have at one time lead to your outer markings, once cleansed inside by the Blood of Christ what's outside becomes invisible to Him. And if Christ ain't going to call you on it, I have no business doing so. But I do realize there are people out there who will, so... ?

Anyway, again not trying to harsh the buzz... there's just something unsettling in what you say here, but I don't really know enough about the situation to say what.

B

biblicalsandy

Two things there... you'll get some who say we are no longer under the law, therefore you can ignore that. I see their point but don't totally agree.

and... isn't the Dremel thing kinda another form of cutting? Sorry, not trying to harsh your buzz, just throwing it out for consideration. Spiritual cleansing usually occurs under the name of Jesus... not Dremel. But hey, I don't know what they are, I don't know what they mean... And if Jesus is telling you to take the Dremel to yourself then by all means go ahead. I just can't help think tho that Jesus looks at what's inside... and while what's inside may have at one time lead to your outer markings, once cleansed inside by the Blood of Christ what's outside becomes invisible to Him. And if Christ ain't going to call you on it, I have no business doing so. But I do realize there are people out there who will, so... ?

Anyway, again not trying to harsh the buzz... there's just something unsettling in what you say here, but I don't really know enough about the situation to say what.
Oh you did not mess with my buzz, but filled my heart with joy..Love the way you exhorted this to me, and see your view! No one has ever put it that way to me before, and I thank you Ricky

P

purpose

Yes biblicalsandy you had right scripture. I Have a MEV Bible and it says ( You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the Lord. thank you . I can show Hubby now!

B

biblicalsandy

Dremel is a multi tool for carving and sanding..I am using the sanding point, and not drawing blood..plus it says about cutting for the dead.

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
Can you back up your convictions with scripture???

Because the only sinful types of tattoos I can see in scripture are Idols, false gods, and tattoos for the dead.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Can you back up your convictions with scripture???

Because the only sinful types of tattoos I can see in scripture are Idols, false gods, and tattoos for the dead.
Hi T_Laurich,

Just FYI, idolatry is anything that takes the place of God in one's heart.