This needs to be said.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SpaceCowboy

USING THE NAME OF CHRIST IN VAIN

If you are an unbeliever you CANNOT use the Name of Christ. Nor can you draw near to Him of your own accord.You cannot outsmart God. You cannot bargain with God. You cannot deal with God on your own terms. God does what he will, and there is none that can stay His hand.
Even a fool is considered wise if he keeps his mouth shut. But when he speaks he removes all doubt. So it is when you think you can draw near to God with filthy INIQUITY. You know the type of people God listens to? The contrite. The humble. The ones who fear his Name. The ones who know their place.

---
Psalm 2
Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying, let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. He that sitteth in the heavens SHALL LAUGH: The LORD shall have them in derision.

Psalm 38
The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth. The Lord shall LAUGH AT HIM: for he seeth that his day is coming.
---

John 3:17
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Our wickedness is foolishness to the Lord. But he is long-suffering, not willing that ANY should perish. But woe to them who trample the grace of the God of Glory underfoot. Speaking evil of things he doesn’t understand. God will deal swiftly with those who exalt themselves, and bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

The ones who blaspheme the Name of God, God will destroy.
The ones who accept and confess their transgressions will be saved.
----

1Corinthians14:38
But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

T

Tintin

Some Christians take God's name in vain and they have no excuse. Things like saying: "God told me that you're to be my wife", "God told me to break up with you", "God 'said this, said that"... it's rubbish. Also, some products in Christian bookshops slander God's name - eg. Testamints (spreading God's love one breath at a time), 'Christian' measuring tapes and hammers, 'Christian' pendants to give you good luck. The list goes on. Anything that uses God's name as a commodity to sell things, is taking God's name in vain. I have no time for that crap.

S

SpaceCowboy

Give people an inch and they'll take two country miles.
Its absurd.

N

nonicknametouse

Did you ever hear the first thing out of an unbeliever's mouth when something goes wrong. "Oh My God". They do not believe in God as they should , but it is the first thing they call out too.

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
Some Christians take God's name in vain and they have no excuse. Things like saying: "God told me that you're to be my wife", "God told me to break up with you", "God 'said this, said that"... it's rubbish. Also, some products in Christian bookshops slander God's name - eg. Testamints (spreading God's love one breath at a time), 'Christian' measuring tapes and hammers, 'Christian' pendants to give you good luck. The list goes on. Anything that uses God's name as a commodity to sell things, is taking God's name in vain. I have no time for that crap.
It really goes to show how watered down and unsacred we (general we) have made Him. Back in the Old Testament, they wouldn't even write His whole name down sometimes. Now it's flung around as if it's nothing.

It reminds me of that saying from a while back that may still be around now, I don't know, but I saw it on a T-shirt once and I got so mad. It said "Jesus is my homeboy." NO. Jesus is your Savior and He conquered death for you, He was tortured and endured your punishment. He loves you beyond comprehension. He is NOT your "homeboy".

C

Chr

reading what the apostle John said in the book of Revelation about when he saw the Lord Jesus Christ I can't picture someone saying Jesus is my homeboy.

Mar 8, 2013
USING THE NAME OF CHRIST IN VAIN

If you are an unbeliever you CANNOT use the Name of Christ. Nor can you draw near to Him of your own accord.You cannot outsmart God. You cannot bargain with God. You cannot deal with God on your own terms. God does what he will, and there is none that can stay His hand.
Even a fool is considered wise if he keeps his mouth shut. But when he speaks he removes all doubt. So it is when you think you can draw near to God with filthy INIQUITY. You know the type of people God listens to? The contrite. The humble. The ones who fear his Name. The ones who know their place.

---
Psalm 2
Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying, let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. He that sitteth in the heavens SHALL LAUGH: The LORD shall have them in derision.

Psalm 38
The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth. The Lord shall LAUGH AT HIM: for he seeth that his day is coming.
---

John 3:17
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Our wickedness is foolishness to the Lord. But he is long-suffering, not willing that ANY should perish. But woe to them who trample the grace of the God of Glory underfoot. Speaking evil of things he doesn’t understand. God will deal swiftly with those who exalt themselves, and bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

The ones who blaspheme the Name of God, God will destroy.
The ones who accept and confess their transgressions will be saved.
----

1Corinthians14:38
But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.
Shudders.

The language is so harsh though.

I do believe God laughs at the unknowing and wicked. But not as vilely and hatefully as these passages' language describe.

More like a 'haha oh dear dear ...'

The translation, as always in the KJV, is shoddy and embellished too.

Psalm 2

Why are the nations and peoples devising an uproar? The Kings and Rulers of the Earth do take a vain position against God and His Messiah tearing their bonds and casting off their ropes. The Lord laughs at this.

Mar 8, 2013
Psalm 37:12 onwards The guilty plot toward the just and grind with teeth. God laughs because he sees his day is coming. The guilty have 'drawn their sword', and 'bent their bows', to cast on the afflicted and the needy, but their sword will enter heart (be turned), and their 'bows will be broken'.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
YEAH YEAH YEAH, There ought to be a law against all this stuff.
(reality check)
but for the grace of God there we are also.