This new girl at TAFE

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

nickolitis

I'm just getting to know this new girl at TAFE in Armidale who has joined the course that I'm doing there, Certificate Four In Visual Arts. From what I've heard, she has done some art studies from Toowoomba and Tamworth. She's mentioned that she youst to live in Queensland, yet she prefers the lifestyle in New South Wales a lot better.

Here are some things that I'm learning from my own experience while using some other media such as Builiding Positive Relationships and Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus.

• Try not to move to quickly onto the other person when you're only friends
Okay, so she's only just joined the course. We've been aquanted with each other as I began to see how she copes with the class, and she may not pick up on everything that the others are learning.

The teacher may start up the class in a way that she isn't youst to, and makes me aware of these things after the class. As I was finsishing some lunch outside the IGA Supermarket one weekend, I headed for the bin.

Just as I dropped of the rubbish; there she was. It took me a little while to recognize her, then after we got talking, she invited me over to one of the other shops to get some of her study supplies. I decided to stay with her that afternoon, as she not only needed to do some important shopping, but she also needed to catch an evening bus to get home.

This is where I was able to draw my attention to her needs; while having to deal with steering off another guy of whom she wasn't interested in and had been on her nerves at TAFE. I was able to able to listen to her feelings about the situation then I felt good inside myself after realizing that I was doing the right thing.

How I did it? By capturing his attention and staying with her. He then started to back off as she indicated that she clearly wasn't interested in spending time with him. Like times at the TAFE Library; he would try and do the same by sitting next to her. Then she would have to let him know that she would have to go, as she didn't want him hanging around her.

If she doesn't want any visitors, don't try to track down where she lives or by asking for her address. I learnt that she just wants to just stay in touch by sharing our interests such as Art, shopping and possibly going to the movies. And so what if she gave me an idea of where she lives?

I soon realized that by trying to track her down on the google search engine that she may not have necessarily appreciated what I was doing. So I decided to give her some of her personal space this weekend hoping that she would open up to me when we go back to TAFE.

So I'm starting to learn that there are some other things about her; things like How could we show some more affection towards one another. I remember some things that I youst to do when I was in my teens.

One of those was what we do would to give each other skin. You could probably remember doing this sought of thing yourselves. It was like running each others arms along each others and touching each others fists with your thumbs up :)

This is one way that we were able to show affection by letting her know that I really enjoyed spending time with her after she was so as to help me with some art supplies the following week. Finally, I was able to earn her trust!

There's some things that she may expect out of me like keeping on top of my house cleaning so she would become interested in visiting some day. After a counselling appointment this week with my relationship counsellor and going through a booklet that I filled out on looking after myself, I realized that there was a number of things that I could do in order to keep on top of the house cleaning.

This includes things like doing the laundry and shopping for groceries! There are some other things that I'd like to show her what I could do to improve our friendship such as cooking my own meals, doing my banking, paying the bills, getting enough sleep, looking for workand shopping for groceries.

I think that I'm doing okay with taking care of my health as I'm feeling a lot better than I was a few weeks ago. This has been done by taking my daily medication. My appetite might need some looking after to ensure that I'm keeping on top of a healthy diet.

So, are we spending enough time together? Let's face it: We're both in Tafe Course, so we can have time together in class, breaks and maybe at the end of each day. And hey, she was even kind enough to help me out with a few study things that I was needing towards the end of last week :) That was really cool, just don't let the teacher know, okay! :-D

Our Class Schedule currently consists of three days a week that we can spend time together in a learning environment. I'm really happy that we're able to spend this time together, and I look forward to the coming semester as she gets more involved. Our classes current consist of the following:

Tuesdays: Painting with Ross Laurie. 9am – 4.30pm

Wednesdays: Drawing with Kerry Wilson. 9am - 2.30pm

Thursdays: Painting with Kerry Wilson. 9am – 12pm.

Now, I realize that I may not have gone through with the

workbooks previously, but I'm willing to stick with it this time in

order to succeed.

So, in order to keep my friendship with this girl, I would like it

evolve slowly. By doing this, I shall cut down on my coffee

breaks, stretch my muscles each day, listen to what she wants

and feelings and to respect her space.

I would like to heal the signs of current headaches, anger, past

arguments, sadness, lack of sleep and helplessness. Last of all

is to know that there is a future yet to become ahead of me :)

As I listened to Annette share her feelings that she had this morning, there are things in the course that she's offended by like nudity. As a comitted christian through my entire life, it's one of those things that I've battled with since breaking up with my original girlfriend.

I have made a request to drop out of the nude component of the Visual Arts as it is having an effect of our friendship and I would hate to see it come to an end all of the sudden.

She has mentioned that she's a bit old for me, but would like to just be friends. I would like to mention that I really do value our friendship and I accept her regardless of her age. Please help as this seems to be a rough patch that I'm going through. Thankyou.

ashlaa

May 19, 2010
This is the creepiest thing I've ever read. And you spelt used wrong.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Ok, you're a student at an art school (at least that's what I'm assuming TAFE is from the context), and you've spent some time with a woman from school who is older than you and has stated that she only wants to be friends because of that age difference. Yet you're making a whole bunch of changes in your lifestyle (not that making changes is a bad thing) to impress her, searching for opportunities to spend more time with her, and searching her on Google.

Maybe I'm misreading, misunderstanding, or just plain missing something, but that just sounds stalkerish to me.

Hmmmm, stalkerish.......is that even a word?

N

nickolitis

Hi Ashlaa,

Yeah, I know. Please excuse my spelling as I didin't really get too many high grades at school....

Apparently, nude is one of those things that makes art so popular these days. I've been a christain my entire life as I was christened from birth. It hasn't always been an easy journey for me and I'm prepared to make a huge change in how I behaved while growing up. To have that sort of thing being lured into peoples minds these days is revolting.

I'd rather stay out of that sort of scenario if i can. If there's anyway that you can help, I would really appreciate it. I'll be seeing a Psychiatrist this morning, so thanks for your concern. God Bless.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
This is the creepiest thing I've ever read. And you spelt used wrong.
That's ok Ashlaa, you spelled "spelled" wrong. :D

At least he used a decent sized font, sentences, and broke it into paragraphs making it reasonable to read, unlike some.

N

nickolitis

Well, I'm taking on counselling at the moment, and will be seeing a Psychiatrist this morning for some extra help. I realized that searching her on google wasn't the right to do, so I'm willing to not do that again - ever! I don't mean to be stalking, so please forgive me for what I've done. Thanks.

ashlaa

May 19, 2010
That's ok Ashlaa, you spelled "spelled" wrong. :D

At least he used a decent sized font, sentences, and broke it into paragraphs making it reasonable to read, unlike some.

Come again OnceFallen. The past tense of spell can be written as spelled or spelt. It just so happens that 'spelt is used more freely in the Old English language whereas 'spelled' is used more in US English :p

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

One of those was what we do would to give each other skin. You could probably remember doing this sought of thing yourselves. It was like running each others arms along each others and touching each others fists with your thumbs up :)

............ there.... are.........no....... words

I

iraasuup

I'm with Ashla, we use 'SPELT' here, however 'Spelled' is also an acceptable alternative.

Jim: TAFE is a learning institution. You can study pretty much anything there, and get a certificate in whichever field you studied, which is accredited and recognised as a higher level of learning. However, it's not the same as University (obviously) you can go to TAFE at any age, and do basic things like upgrading your literacy and numeracy skills, through to the theory side of technical trades (like an Electrician for example).

TAFE stands for 'Technical and Further Education'. If you want to a do a trade of any kind (Electircal, cabinet-making, plumbing, hairdressing, etc ..anything that requires an 'apprenticeship') then you are required to attend TAFE to do the theory/written learning side of your trade.

But you can also do other things there. I did a 6 week floristry course once, and I know people who have done 'learn to type' course, and 'beginner sewing' courses and certificate 1 in horticulture or retail. The choices are endless.

Make sense?

Feb 10, 2008
Cabinet-making. LOL. Oh the way life experiences taint us. :)

J

Jullianna

Stick with the psychiatric counseling for awhile and don't worry about the girl. You clearly aren't ready and she's not comfortable being more than friends.

P

Peter321

Why are you even going on about the whole 'Ooh this is super stalkerish or creepy!' thing?
If i read it correctly he's had a tough time (As he's going to a psychaitrist now?) The last thing he needs is people telling him he's being really stalkerish or creepy or w/e.
Truth is there to be told but there is also a thing called constructive critism

ashlaa

May 19, 2010
Why are you even going on about the whole 'Ooh this is super stalkerish or creepy!' thing?
If i read it correctly he's had a tough time (As he's going to a psychaitrist now?) The last thing he needs is people telling him he's being really stalkerish or creepy or w/e.

Your avatar is creepy

ashlaa

May 19, 2010
Why are you even going on about the whole 'Ooh your avatar is so creepy" thing?