this ones for the broken hearted(livechatdown)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

soberxp

May 3, 2018
Umm... I never said that I was habitually living a life of sin. I got my sinful issues, but I suppose because I am not perfectly sinless at this time I am unsaved in your eyes (no... the eyes of the verses you laid out). Well, if that's the criteria, I don't know a single Christian who has anything to look forward to on Judgment Day.

Paul, by the way, was probably lying when he said that he did the things he didn't want to do, and vice versa, and that he was the chief of sinners. Oops... he couldn't be lying because that would make him a sinner. But if he wasn't lying...

Opinions are like rectums... you know the rest. I'm going to have to trust God's goodness and mercy to make me ready for Judgment Day as I seek Him diligently and daily.
1 cor 11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

11:32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

I think we can seriously measure our behavior and look at our hearts and minds. We don't really need God to tell us how to face ourselves sometimes. It's just an idea of evading reality or our responsibilities.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
That is an excellent verse for a panel :D Thank You! :)
I was sure that you'd appreciate this passage considering that you've already created a panel for Eze 36:25-27. They are pointing to the exact same concept of Spiritual Circumcision, the Operation of God that causes a person to obey and "live forever."

Isn't it amazing that these keystone passages are not taught?

Ezekiel 36:27 ESV - "And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules."

Circumcision of the Heart is the Heart of the True Gospel . . . the Gospel that few accept.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021

1 Corinthians 10:13
Exactly. This is what it means to be given a new Spirit and a new Heart so that we will be careful to obey. So of course, when we find that we lack self-control, we can easily conclude we have NOT been granted Spiritual Circumcision . . . yet.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
We don't really need God to tell us how to face ourselves sometimes.
Perplexing.

Romans 7:7 NKJV - "What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, "You shall not covet."

Paul is saying that if it were not for the Word of God, or the Law (to be more specific), he would not have known or understood how he was sinning. Without the guidance and direction of God, we'd be lost, thus Truly "evading reality of our responsibilities."

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Beautiful.

The most important words in that verse are, "so that."
Thank you :)

I looked at various translations, because you originally quoted from the KJV, which, although I like, others may
find a bit archaic. I often go with the Berean Study Bible version, but they left those words out. So the NIV it was! :D

Willow

Oct 10, 2021
ohio
I have PTSD about many churches. I have had a husband pass away years back. I went to church to find comfort. I was scrutinized by one of the churches chosen ones. I was in tears , all she could say my dress was too short. She had a nasty tome telling me that. All I could afford , I was ghetto rich.
But I do not hold everyone in account for the few who are as a religious nut. I have had many heartaches/breaks. God patches me up everytime. I have to say it has caused my circle to grow smaller of whom I allow to be close to me. Perhaps wisdom learned the hardway .
I wonder if the lady at church was wearing the right attire when she passed away ;)