This Roughsoul has a question?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Roughsoul

Okay so I am a young man with a family and amazing 7 month old son. We are just building our life together and cant be happier. We have been living in a rough house with many problems with the house. I have been failing at being the spiritual leader for my family. My wife tells me all the time I am a great husband and even better father to my son. But I hate my job and only staying to get my wife threw school. I lately only been going to church once a month and seem to struggle with remembering to pray. On the other hand I work a hard labor job with long hours and huge amounts of stress. I feel this is all my mind soaks in sometimes or I m too tired to think. So I fail at being a good leader. Nothing to blame but me I get that. Now my question. Recently God opened a door for my family that lead to a new home. It was only on the market for 3 days! A great deal for an amazing home. They had 3 people wanting the same house but the owner chose us. Then the next day at work my supervisor told me he was moving me to a different shop. Which is what I have been praying for, for a long time. I was in a wreck a few years ago that left me with back pain that pinches nerves and moving me to this shop will be a lot more easier on me and my back.
So my question is: Why would God bless me in this way when I let the crap of this world fade my eyes from God. Is it is way of bringing me back? Or has the last 3 years been a trial and I passed with a C? Maybe I am being too hard on my self but I doubt not when it could lead to leading my family closer to God and saving my soul too.

U

Ugly

You've been a provider to your family. Your wife is even happy with you as a husband, provider and father. Maybe you haven't been perfect, but obviously you're taking care of your family. God knows the heart of the person. Sometimes our hearts are more important than our actions. Your heart seems right, even if you can't always follow through. Personally i say cut yourself some slack. Sure, you need to keep trying in spiritual areas, but the wanting and willingness to do so counts for something, and it sounds as though your wife agrees and is understanding and supportive. Perhaps now's the time to step back and be grateful rather than picking apart every tiny detail that isn't how it 'should' be. Especially as a newer couple with a new child. It won't be easy at first. So relax.

R

Raine

Oh Roughsoul!

You don't even know how much my heart is going out to you right now! Why would God do such a thing? Regardless of your flaws God loves you deeply and you belong to him. He will do whatever he can to get you to return because he has such a deep love for you! God is a pursuer. He does not sit idly by waiting for you to return... Nope... God has probably doing things this whole time but you were not aware of it until now. Sounds like he finally got your attention... Don't let that fade easily... It is like your love for your son... Even as he grows up and screws up multiple times in his life you would love him regardless and provide him his needs and with gifts. God is the same way except his love is perfect. I think you just had a love encounter with God and I am excited for you. :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Okay so I am a young man with a family and amazing 7 month old son. We are just building our life together and cant be happier. We have been living in a rough house with many problems with the house. I have been failing at being the spiritual leader for my family. My wife tells me all the time I am a great husband and even better father to my son. But I hate my job and only staying to get my wife threw school. I lately only been going to church once a month and seem to struggle with remembering to pray. On the other hand I work a hard labor job with long hours and huge amounts of stress. I feel this is all my mind soaks in sometimes or I m too tired to think. So I fail at being a good leader. Nothing to blame but me I get that. Now my question. Recently God opened a door for my family that lead to a new home. It was only on the market for 3 days! A great deal for an amazing home. They had 3 people wanting the same house but the owner chose us. Then the next day at work my supervisor told me he was moving me to a different shop. Which is what I have been praying for, for a long time. I was in a wreck a few years ago that left me with back pain that pinches nerves and moving me to this shop will be a lot more easier on me and my back.
So my question is: Why would God bless me in this way when I let the crap of this world fade my eyes from God. Is it is way of bringing me back? Or has the last 3 years been a trial and I passed with a C? Maybe I am being too hard on my self but I doubt not when it could lead to leading my family closer to God and saving my soul too.
I would give you a grade of B+. There is always room for improvement. I am referring to myself but this holds true for you also. Don't be so hard on yourself.

R

Roughsoul

Thank yall I guess I just get caught up in trying to do it all and I know that leads disappointment. But yall are right God wants me closer. Now got to figure out if there is a miracle for getting my favorite bible out of our car, that I lost the key to lol.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
So my question is: Why would God bless me in this way when I let the crap of this world fade my eyes from God. Is it is way of bringing me back? Or has the last 3 years been a trial and I passed with a C? Maybe I am being too hard on my self but I doubt not when it could lead to leading my family closer to God and saving my soul too.[/QUOTE

roughsoul, God doesnt need a reason to bless us with miracles. I'm glad that things are working out for you right now. :) Every single day, we "let the crap of this world fade our eyes from God." And every day, he gives us something new to regain our focus on him. :) Whether its a beautiful sunrise to say thank you God, or a new home and job, he reminds us that we ALWAYS have something to thank him for. :)

R

Roughsoul

Blue ladybug- Thats very true and I had something happen to me at work just like what you was saying, I work in an industrial plant and its far from a beautiful sunset. But when I got to my work area there was this amazing looking butterfly on my desk just sitting their. So I watched it and admired that this is Gods creation, He takes care of this butterfly so small and weak. The butterfly does not have to worry about anything. Reminds me how special we are in the eyes of the Lord. But yet we worry and constantly battle fear.