This Song Speaks to my Soul (that's Christian talk for "hit me right in the feels")

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Little_Light

This Song Speaks to my Soul (that's Christian talk for "hit me right in the feels")

Lately, I've been listening to this song "Bitter End" by the Christian metal band Fit For A King and it just seems to really speak to the person I am.

I struggled with depression for a long time, I attempted suicide 7 times (which it never worked, evidently) and this song just seems to really speak to my soul.

I feel like this song was written in the perspective by a Christian going through self-doubt and they're saying a prayer to God saying "I was put here to fail You", "I will give you a reason to hate me", etc.

And as the Christians waits for his punishment that he feels God is about to put on him, he realizes that God forgave him then and God will forgive him now.

After he comes to that realization I feel as if the struggling believer is revealed that all the thoughts of suicide and self-hatred come from the devil and since God can overpower the devil through anything there is nothing forcing anyone to a bitter end.

[video=youtube;FfRF18KH8Nk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfRF18KH8Nk[/video]

S

sigh33n

Re: This Song Speaks to my Soul (that's Christian talk for "hit me right in the feels

lol it's a great video but why are we as Christians so in love with metal? There's a huge surge of life and gospel there, and that's good, but why don't we see the same excitement over christ inspired avant-garde jazzcore?

L

Little_Light

Re: This Song Speaks to my Soul (that's Christian talk for "hit me right in the feels

It's just my personal preference. I enjoy gospel music, as well. I listen to a lot of contemporary too like Matt Maher, Matthew West, Chris Tomlin, etc. I just grew up around a lot of rock and metal, so I just like it.