This thread is specifically for RoboOp or Oncefallen or Still_Waters

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 9, 2012
Guys, I'm hearing from a lot of users about a conflict on Chrome between CC and the new update for flash. Apparently, Chrome updated its Flash program lately and now Chrome (only on CC) keeps telling us that the pages have become unresponsive. Maybe, it is a compatibility problem. I'm not sure. But I know, Krazy4Christ, Petals, I, and a few other members have started to have issues lately. Do any of you know what is up? FF does not have the same problem. Any temporary solutions you could offer, Robo, until you are able to figure out what is going on?

May 9, 2012
When I am in just forums, it is fine. The problems occur when the chat rooms are open as well.

Jun 22, 2013
Having this issue as well.
I'm using internet explorer in the meantime.

May 3, 2013
May you use another browser, meanwhile?

Mozilla is not the best, but it's "safe" compared to EXPLORER (I don't like MS) or OPERA, if you are using Windows. There they'll you warn an option to update.

Last edited:

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
It seems that from time to time when Adobe offers an updated version of Flash users end up having issues in chat. My recommendation is to NOT set Adobe to update automatically (unfortunately I believe Chrome automatically updates Adobe) and let someone else be the guinea pig.

May 3, 2013
Hmmm!

Let it be known that the guinean pigs are not from Guinea (Africa) nor PNG (Padua New Guinea), but from South America.

W

ww_21

oh i was just heading over to report this as well very annoying.

G

GaryA

It seems that from time to time when Adobe offers an updated version of Flash users end up having issues in chat. My recommendation is to NOT set Adobe to update automatically (unfortunately I believe Chrome automatically updates Adobe) and let someone else be the guinea pig.
I have a better solution --- "find a way" / "make a way" - to build your new chat system from something open-source-based and throw Adobe Flash in the trash where it belongs...

:)

Petals

Nov 29, 2012
Chica, FF seems to have the slightly older version of flash which is probably why it doesn't have the same problem as Chrome, Chrome automatically updates itself completely, I remember FF would tell me I needed to update it & it wouldn't just update by itself.

T

Tintin

I have a better solution --- "find a way" / "make a way" - to build your new chat system from something open-source-based and throw Adobe Flash in the trash where it belongs...

Gary, not all of us are software programmers like you.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011

I'm surprised that this suggestion didn't come from Stilly since his IOS based Apple products don't like Flash. :p

G

GaryA

Gary, not all of us are software programmers like you.
Thank you, Tintin! :D :cool: Right now, you are one of a very precious few people on the planet who will even acknowledge that I can write code at all --- or troubleshoot electronics to the component level, or ... ( well, nevermind )

However, this does not actually reflect what I was thinking when I wrote post #8 -- I was actually just speaking from a "user" perspective.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
That is Stilly's normal response when I pick on him and his beloved Apple products.

G

GaryA

That is Stilly's normal response when I pick on him and his beloved Apple products.
Oh - I see -- it means "I'm not listening..." / "I'm ignoring you..."

G

GaryA

I was actually just speaking from a "user" perspective.
I don't go into chat any more because of Adobe Flash. :( I got "fed up" with it :mad: -- and took it off my computer. For some time now, I have not had ANY version of Adobe Flash installed on my computer. I have effectively "sworn off" of it, because of the continual problems associated with it.

Sep 30, 2012