Thoughts on 'I Kissed Dating Goodbye'

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
Did you not read what I wrote ? Did I tell to " just grab some random guy off the street and tell him "Quick!! Marry me so I can fix my singleness! "" ? Didn't I talk about courtship ? Does courtship tell to " just grab some random guy off the street and tell him "Quick!! Marry me so I can fix my singleness!!"" ?

Would have the Lord told it's not good for the man to be alone if Adam was happy being alone ?

I don't know about you Rachel, if you are happy being single , good for you, that means you have the gift of celibacy and you can be as happy as the Apostle Paul was for being single. But please understand that not everyone has this gift !
As for me, I'm not happy being single, just as Adam our first human ancestor was not happy being single !

That's it.
I am happy being single. I eventually want to get married, but I'm not going to be unhappy for years to come until I get married. :)

As far as just grabbing a random person off the street, I was being facetious there because you said that single people need to "get rid of" their singleness ASAP. Building a relationship takes time and shouldn't be taken lightly. :)

D

Diva

Ok, so I haven't read the book either. And I do want to do quite a lot of things while I'm still single. However, my personal life is soooo busy. Between work and home it consumes most of my time and energy. So even if I want to volunteer at church, civic organizations or work on special projects its almost like mission impossible.

Know what I mean :confused:.....

Last edited:

DuchessAimee

Apr 27, 2011
It's important to be friends first, in my not so humble opinion. It makes a big difference once y'all have decided to pursue marriage. There will be times when you look over at your spouse and think "Oh dear Lord, why did I marry them?" Friendship will be the saving grace of the relationship.

O

OceanGrl

It's important to be friends first, in my not so humble opinion. It makes a big difference once y'all have decided to pursue marriage. There will be times when you look over at your spouse and think "Oh dear Lord, why did I marry them?" Friendship will be the saving grace of the relationship.
This is very, very important. Friendship first is of great importance in a relationship. Some people want to skip that part and go straight to the relationship phase only to realize that they don't have much in common with the person they are in a relationship with. Or, they want to rush through the friendship phase and after a month it's like, oh, we are such great friends, let's move forward... and it's like, no, you have to be friends for a while and really get to know each other before thinking about going forward. At least, that is how I see it.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
i think i made through like achapter ortwo until i was like this book is bad and courtship is dumb. then i saw a cute girl i knew from school a little in the harry potter section(she was 21) and asked her if she wanted to get coffee. She agreed we talked about harry potter and i realized that was a much better method than the dumb book.

IDEAtor

Aug 15, 2012
I read it. I cannot remember it. Can you press "Refresh" on my mind, please?

K

Kelz15

Thank you for the recommendation on 'Passion & Purity' I will look into that. Yes, there were several things in the book I didn't 100% agree with nut each person needs to make their own choices, and having books like this just give us that small insight into what other options are. Thank you very much for your feedback.

K

Kelz15

Here are my two cents.

I read both I Kissed Dating Goodbye and his sequel Boy Meets Girl and here is what I did take out of it: that you should at all costs find out whether a dating partner is set to be a good partner for marriage. The mantra of both books are to find a person who exemplifies the selfless character of Christ or is growing closer to it. That I definitely agree with. I love that part all the way. I think that is exactly what every relationship will need to survive and flourish. I really hope that if I ever got into a relationship that I could be that and not be a narcissist.

However, the question of whether to ever kiss before marriage is debatable. Some say kissing is okay, some do not. Where do I stand? I'll probably lean more towards the side of I would not kiss at all. What's weird is that I haven't really had a true "kiss" yet. I have only been pecked a few times. I agree that physical affection is important to relationships, but I also know that playing with fire gets you burned. For me, kissing ignites a fire that is hard to contain. It holds a really high significance to me to receive it. Call it a little too passionate, but I am in overdrive with a kiss. So for me, kissing is a little bit of a no-go for me.

Then again that is just a recommendation, not a prerequisite. Check Romans 14 for that. Those were my two cents.
Thank you for your feedback. I agree and disagree with several parts in this book. I was just looking for others real thoughts and oponions. Not meant to belittle anyone for their beliefs on "dating" " anti-dating". Really wanted an open, hopefully respectful conversations amoung Christians. So again thank you for your thought out response.