Three days

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
When you think about both of these scriptures...
John 6:63New King James Version (NKJV)

63*It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.

John 2:19New King James Version (NKJV)

19*Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”

Ephesians 5:30New King James Version (NKJV)

30*For we are members of His body,[a] of His flesh and of His bones.

Do you think Jesus was speaking about two perspectives at the same time, and both are true? His body that the disciples walked with did rise as Jesus said. If a day with the Lord is as a thousand years, then from a different perspective, we are about 15 or so years away from the beginning of the third day since Jesus said that, which would be less than 17 minutes from that perspective.

2 Peter 3:8New King James Version (NKJV)

8*But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

john832

May 31, 2013

63*It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.

19*Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”

Do you think Jesus was speaking about two perspectives at the same time, and both are true? His body that the disciples walked with did rise as Jesus said. If a day with the Lord is as a thousand years, then from a different perspective, we are about 15 or so years away from the beginning of the third day since Jesus said that, which would be less than 17 minutes from that perspective.

8*But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
Not sure you can apply this verse this way, there is more to consider...

Mar 8:31 And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again.

After three days.

Joh 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

In three days.

now putting these scriptures together, it makes it clear that this...

Mat 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

means exactly at the end of three days and three nights. If we are to apply the one day/one thousand year rule to this, we are still over one thousand years from the return of Christ. I really don't think that is the case.

Nov 23, 2013

Both are true. We are about to enter the 3rd day... the temple of God is about to be completed.

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
John 8:12New King James Version (NKJV)

12*Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”

I believe this scripture to mean that even if we are in a 1000 year night (because evil gets their reward), it can still be called one day because Jesus is still in the world through us. Not saying something for sure is going to happen concerning a change of earthen vessel substance in 15 or so years, just saying I believe the beginning of the other third day since Jesus said that will be approximately around that time.