Tid-bits

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

10-22-27

Dec 17, 2023
In Titus 2:11, “The grace of God is termed “Saving” because the grace revealed in the Gospel is the primary and true source of eternal life.

In 2 Timothy 1:9, our Christian calling is called “Holy,”

In 1 Peter 4:3, “Idolatry” is termed "abominable."

Jesus is designated the “King incorruptible.”

In Romans 12:1, “Christians’ dedicating themselves to God is termed “A reasonable service,” this in contra-distinction to the Jewish worship, which chiefly consisted in the sacrifice of “Irrational creatures.”

In 1 Peter 5:4, the crown of future glory is termed a “Never-fading crown,” distinguished from that “Corruptible crown” which, in the Grecian games, was awarded to the successful compotators.

In John 17:11, God is termed the “Holy Father.” In Luke 11:11-13, He is termed “Heavenly Father.”

In 1 John 5:20, Christ is styled the “True God,” in Titus 2:13, he is called the “Great God.”

In Hebrews 9:14, the Holy Spirit is designated the “Eternal Spirit.”

In 1 Thessalonians 3:8, Paul speaks to the Thessalonians, “Now we live if you stand fast in the Lord.” In this passage, the word live is not to be understood in its whole range, as it implies that Paul’s physical life or existence depended on their standing fast in the Lord and is to be understood in a limited sense. It’s as if Paul had said, “Your steadfastness in the faith gives me new life and comfort. I now feel that I live to some purpose – I relish and enjoy life – since my labor in the Gospel is not in vain.”

Paul was filled with anxiety, fearing the Thessalonians would be persuaded to depart from the faith because of the afflictions they had to endure. He sent Timothy to raise and comfort them. Having heard of their steadfastness in the faith, he exclaimed, “Now we live if ye stand fast in the Lord.”