Tips on raising my children to know who god is.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MidniteWelder

so will they be properly educated about all religions? otherwise youre still kinda making the choice for them...
It was never our calling as a follower of Christ ....to educate about other religions

This is our job
Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
yes because free will and choice is a terrible thing. Im glad my parents never forced anything on me and yet i still ended up chrisitan, man i wondered how that happened must have been blind luck or something

M

MidniteWelder

If you were going to be a banker...would you thoroughly study all the bills of the worldover?
Or predominantly the denomination you would be backing and utilizing so that when a fake presents itself it would be easily spotted against what you are thoroughly versed and trained in.

Or would it be blind luck to spot an Egyptian pound against your homeland finsky instantly knowing that one of these things is not like the other one?

Last edited:

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
I don't think you understand what bankers actually do. Coming from a family where multiple people all work for a large nationwide bank...not a single one of them does a single thing with actual paper money...at all.

Besides thats still not a very good argument against giving your child the freedom of choice versus twisting their formative years so precsely that everything else seems wrong. I mean Ive seen parents making their children 'ask jesus into their heart' as young as 5 years old...what kid honestly truly understands what that means? Thats just parents overstepping the bounds. Sure take them to church if you want, but go to that extreme.

Last edited:
M

MidniteWelder

Nautilus haven't you read,
“Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”

G

Grey

“Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”

Once again all religions have this in some form or another, the authority figure or parent says X religion is true, and for the majority of people the child simply believes it and it gets engrained. Its deliberate, a child is the most susceptible to all religions. It doesn't make it alright when you say 'oh well we're the right religion and everyone else is wrong', because EVERY religion is doing that. If you actually believe your religion to be true, then only preach to those with fully developed brains, after all if it were true it would be quite evident even to those who weren't born to a Christian family.

M

MidniteWelder

I dont believe the title of the thread is "tips on pointing out false religions" yet it has steered that direction.
It is "tips on raising my children to know who God is."

Seems a few person have some issues to work out on knowing who God is since knowing Christ isn't about a particular religion but knowing him personally and intimately.

To Both Grey and Nautilus:
If you had a wife would you lead your wife?

G

Grey

I dont believe the title of the thread is "tips on pointing out false religions" yet it has steered that direction.
It is "tips on raising my children to know who God is."

Seems a few person have some issues to work out on knowing who God is since knowing Christ isn't about a particular religion but knowing him personally and intimately.

To Both Grey and Nautilus:
If you had a wife would you lead your wife?
What do you mean by lead?

M

Mammachickadee

so will they be properly educated about all religions? otherwise youre still kinda making the choice for them...
No need to feed them everything all at once. :) Why would you teach everything about other religions to a 5 year old if you wouldn't teach them about sex? There is an age when one's child will be able to grasp understanding of another religion while understanding the use of his new-found knowledge.

M

MidniteWelder

What do you mean by lead?
to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
I have it says let them come to me. Not drag them to me because they never learned anything else of life.

G

Grey

No need to feed them everything all at once. :) Why would you teach everything about other religions to a 5 year old if you wouldn't teach them about sex? There is an age when one's child will be able to grasp understanding of another religion while understanding the use of his new-found knowledge.
So your not going to teach your 5 year old about sex, but teaching them about ancient Israelites who went around raping and massacring Canaanites by divine mandate is fine?

G

Grey

to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless
I think being kind, and utilizing rationalism are better traits.

M

Missachu

Midnight, your right. Don't give pearls to swine. The poster already knows and understands what she wants to teach and how to raise her children, this is not a matter of opinion it is a matter of advice and you gave it. Time to move on.

E

Equuas

The Lamb by John R. Cross is the best book for little ones that I have ever seen to explain the Gospel message. I have it for my 4 year old and wish I would have had it for my older children.

M

MidniteWelder

Midnight, your right. Don't give pearls to swine.
Alright Missachu, but I didn't know how else to keep 'em out of the truffles.