Titled

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 10, 2008
Boring... He's boring. When told this, it seems like most people take offense. A recent commercial depicts a man getting called 'boring' on a date then running off with his credit card to experience the world. Even on these forums, women have stated in the past that many christian men are boring. And in response many men have brought up examples trying to prove they are not.

As for me, I wear the title 'boring' as a badge of honor. All too often, I see people defining 'not boring' similar to what was depicted in that commercial. For me it looks much too similar to what the prodigal son did with his time. I'd much rather be 'boring' and single than experience much of what this earth has to offer.

Toby Mac asks "Where's your heart? You a pimp, hustler? Tell me what's your title..." So I wonder, how do each of you define yourselves? What title(s) would you give yourself? Are you proud of them?

mathew77

Jul 10, 2011
I agree. The media also teaches people what to expect from others. Very unrealistic. Good post.

J

Jullianna

The titles I hope to bear: Mother, servant, worshipper. woman after God's own heart.

AsifinPassing

Jul 13, 2010
I bear many titles, and yet none. I suppose it depends with whom you speak. I try not to be prideful (though I know that's not what you meant), and may have born a name or two which are less than honorable. Nonetheless, I am who I am, and may be called whatever people choose to say. I just hope that amidst and despite it all, I will be who God has and is calling me to be.

Feb 10, 2008
Reece, I know there are definitely some titles that I have that I'm not particularly fond of too. For me, sadly, most were self-inflicted.

Matthew - It looks like you haven't posted much here yet. So for now you just get the title "New"! Thanks for the kind words.
Jullianna - I don't get to see many of the aspects you listed. I would give you 'Forgiving'
Reece - I think I'd have to give you the title 'Manly'. Hopefully that's not one you consider 'less than honorable.'

J

Jullianna

Thank you. :) LUKE 7:47 - Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven--for she loved much. But he who has been forgiven little loves little.

AsifinPassing

Jul 13, 2010
Thanks Lightning! I certainly don't find it dishonorable to be 100% Ma-Male (spongebob joke), but find it quite enjoyable! ^^

DuchessAimee

Apr 27, 2011
Lightning, you bring up a great point a couple posts up. Most of the titles I've been given have been self inflicted. When I consider what my life used to be, boring is a good thing! What the world deems as pleasurable, necessary, or will surely complete us is usually quite costly (either monetarily or emotionally).

G

GreenNnice

Follower. Leader. Servant. Worshipper. Giver. Receiver. Friend. Helper. Comforter.

It's important to note, that once we acfept Chtrist as Saviour, we are made right with God, we are imputed His righteousness, so, we then, hy faith, receive Him inside us, His Spirit leading ours, our Helper, our Comforter..... We are no longer seen as who we once were , we are seen differently by our Creator, we are seen as the righteousness of Christ.

The titles I want are the sane ones Christ says of the Holy Spirit. :)

Good thread, lightnin' :)