To Confront or Not To Confront

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jedidiah_asher

I just want to ask everyone on your opinion:

Which is better confront things out to a person in order to clarify things immediately or just wait for the right time to confront that person?

Thank you

T

Tintin

Confront them early on. Sooner is better than later. That said, there's an appropriate time for everything. Also, remember to do it with love but be firm and stick to your guns.

J

jedidiah_asher

I was just a little suspicious on this certain person and I only have observe something wrong but I don't really have a strong evidence right now.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
It really depends on what it is... pray that God will give you undeniable evidence. On more than one occasion I prayed very specifically about something because I didn't want to make any false accusations and God gave me exactly what I needed to confront the person without a doubt.

T

Tintin

Well, yes. The first step should be prayer. Good call, Pipp! :)

Misty77

Aug 30, 2013
The best advice I heard on this is to approach with a question. Something like, "I notice that there's a little tension between us. Is everything ok?" instead of "You're so mean!"

Always make the scenario be you and the other person joined against the problem, not you against the other person.

R

Relena7

It depends on what the situation is. You can make a better call than us because you actually know what the situation is. ;)

S

sunnysky31

I agree with all of the above. It does depend on the situation and you can also respond to most situations with an "Hey you! How have you been? I haven't gotten to speak to you much in the past ______, I'm sorry." Fill in the blank with days, or whatever. Something along those lines is always a great way to confront someone without being confrontational. However, the sooner the better is always a good bet!

Sunny

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
I've confronted someone, seriously, on at least two different occasions. On one of those occasions, I definitely could have done it better, but I still went into it with the right heart and intentions. It might be good to set up a time to meet, so they aren't taken off guard.

Indeed, be very prayerful about it. Make sure that you are not being accusatory, but rather make your intention clear that you are there because you want to know more, or because you are genuinely concerned about them or a situation.

Criticism and confrontation are hard to take. They may be very upset at first and get defensive. Be prepared for that. Continue to be patient.

Aug 2, 2009
"If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector."
(Matthew 18:15-17)