to fill with drinkers, Christian and Muslims alike. peace at last.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 27, 2013
BBC News - Secret Nigerian drinking dens in Kano

Beer is officially banned in Kano but as the sun sets in the northern Nigerian city, the outside seating at bars quickly begins to fill with drinkers, Christian and Muslims alike.
These establishments selling alcohol are along a road in the Sabon Gari suburb, an area set aside for non-Muslim residents of the bustling commercial centre.

• Sharia was introduced in Kano in 2000
  • Prostitution, gambling and the consumption of alcohol were banned
  • Christians living in Kano are not subject to Islamic law

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
o.k . and what is the point of this story?? not being a smart mouth, but just wondering.

Jan 27, 2013
o.k . and what is the point of this story?? not being a smart mouth, but just wondering.
have you a problem reading. the news topic, or just going to insult people. because you cant see past your own bigotry, that you write a comment like that and what an answer.

would you not think it strange, that two religions, enjoy a drink together, but dont agree, in how they came to know a god. etc etc etc

Last edited:

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
sorry. did not understand the purpose of the article. sorry did not mean to insult you. my apologies.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
would you not think it strange, that two religions, enjoy a drink together, but dont agree, in how they came to know a god. etc etc etc
Actually what I find more strange is that the establishments are frequented by Muslims since it is against their religion to partake in alcohol.

Jan 27, 2013
sorry. did not understand the purpose of the article. sorry did not mean to insult you. my apologies.
none taken, my thought were looking at, how can there be peace, when a house is divided.
yet split. with religion, taboos, and dogmas. that i personal what nothing to do with. ie knowing there is a god,
i just want to understand what the bible means, without the hassle of religion, taboos and dogmas ,getting in the way of having a personal walk, were all are free, to knock, seek,etc for them selfs. etc to grow at there pace. and at level etc etc.

having a drink together may be the answer.
  • Christians living in Kano are not subject to Islamic law

Jan 27, 2013
Actually what I find more strange is that the establishments are frequented by Muslims since it is against their religion to partake in alcohol.
yes, this is true.
but i, being christian, believe in the holy bible, believe in a god through jesus christ. so i would not want to be under Islamic law.

Last edited: