To him that has not

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

know1

Aug 27, 2012
This thread is about how to get rid of things by faith.

Mar 11:24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
According to Jesus, you have to believe you have received the thing you desire when you prayed, before it manifests itself in the natural or materializes.

But what about things you don't want? Does the bible tell you how to get rid of undesirables?

Luk8:17 For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest;neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad.

Luk8:18 Take heed therefore how ye hear: for whosoever hath, to him shall be given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he seemeth to have.

(AKJV-R)Take heed therefore how you hear: for whoever has, to him shall be given; and whoever has not, from him shall be taken even that which he seems to have.

(ALT) "Therefore, be watching how you hear, for whoever shall behaving, it will be given to him, and whoever shall not having, even what he seems to be having will be taken away from him."

Mar4:24 And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given.
Mar4:25 For he that hath, to him shall be given: and he that hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he hath.

Here again, you have Jesus saying in the first part of His proclamation, that one has to believe they already have something before it is given. Just like Mk 11:24 says.
But look at the second half of Jesus' statement.
To him that has not, it shall be taken from him, even that which he has or seems to have.
For years I saw these verses in a negative context, like the others written below. But for the above verses, I would like to center on the positive side.
I would like to give an example of what I believe the second half is talking about.
Last year, I receive a parking ticket for $270.
Yeah, I know, for a parking ticket, it's ridiculously high.
I parked in a lot between a Lowes and Walmart like I and many others had done before.
I was only in the store for about 10 minutes and when I return, there was the citation on my window.
When I looked around, I saw two police cruisers sitting about 100 ft away, so I went over to talk to them.
Long story short, I didn't get anywhere with them, but they did tell me that I could contest it, and they would most likely reduce the charges.
So I went back to my vehicle, and said out loud, "I bind you Satan, I reject this citation, I do not receive it..." and carried that on for a little bit.
Within 5 minutes the issuing officers came back to talk to me.
Before he could say anything, I said I was leaving, I just had to finish something.
But he said he wasn't there to tell me to leave but thought I was so nice about getting the citation that he would like to take it back.
They obviously didn't here me when I got back to my vehicle.
Well, I thanked them both for their kindness and left. But when I was alone again, I praised God for turning the situation around.

Okay, what I'm getting at is, if you don't want a cold, flu, bad report of sickness, disease or citation, if you reject and don't received it, according to what Jesus said, it will be taken from you, like the citation taken from me. Which by the way, is how faith works.
If you have to believe you have something before you get it in the natural, you have to do the same to get rid of an undesirable thing or situation.

I believe the second have of the statements in the below verses are in the negative sense.
Mat13:12
For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

Luk19:24 And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds.
Luk19:25 (And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.)
Luk19:26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall betaken away from him.