To overcome Temptation *

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Akhum

How can I overcome temptation??? Its draining me away From Jesus#What shall I do when such issue arises Your Views please

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
Firstly, we realize that God always gives us a way out of temptation. :)

Secondly, the only thing that I have found that truly worked for me was falling in love with Jesus Christ. There is a difference between loving Christ and being in love with Christ. I believe that every Christian loves God, however only some fall in love with Christ through a true and genuine relationship with Him.

When it came time for me to face that same temptation that I always gave in to after I had spent many months in a deep and intimate relationship with Christ, I was able to say no to the pitfall and walk away. Though the temptation arose many times in the months that followed, I was able to deny it every time. It boiled down to this: I loved Jesus too much to do that sinful thing anymore.

Now, years later, it has lost its power over me. I am no longer held by that bondage that held me since junior high. This was approximately 4 or so years ago when I was fully set free. Imagine being bound from 12 years old until 29 or so! Crazy! But today I am free!

On the day that I made the choice to choose Christ over that temptation, it was after I heard this song and I always think about this song when I think about others desiring to be free over temptation.

[video=youtube;i6X71sXagUY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6X71sXagUY[/video]

M

MTplainsman

1 Corinthians 10:13

No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

Hebrews 2:18

For because he himself has suffered when tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.

1 Peter 5:8-11

Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world. And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. To him be the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

James 1:12

Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.

1 Peter 4:12-13

Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed.

So you must do this...

Ephesians 6:10-18

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness.

I battle with temptations quite frequently, as I am sure we all do, so pray against the urges before, while, and even after. Do what it takes to deflect the devil's arrows. Pray the blood of Christ to protect you as a "shield" from evil. Read the word more frequently (it's your sword). Pray the temptations away. When tempted, do not ponder it, do not waste time with it, switch your mind which will in turn switch your flesh over to Christly thoughts. Occupy your mind with something other. Learn to shoot down the devil in a moment's notice. Tell the devil to begone in Jesus name!!!

I pray for you my friend and remember, you are far from alone in this nature. God bless you and keep the faith.

P

panda

So I think scripture has been covered here! With your permission I would like to share an experience I had which helped me and still helps me now.

A

Akhum

Thanks MT for your advice

A

Akhum

Panda Sure You can share your experience ...