To those who have spoken in tongues

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
How was your experience the first time you did it and how does it feel every other time you did it?

jb

Feb 27, 2010
How was your experience the first time you did it and how does it feel every other time you did it?
Have a read at This short study, seek the Giver and NOT the gift!

Yahweh Shalom

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
Yes - it was an encounter with God's love. When I felt it poured out on me, I just had nothing but sounds to express how I felt. There was such a freedom in not having to come up with words in English which just could not do the feeling I had justice. So, I just let syllables of sounds pour forth from my spirit. That was my first knowledge of the freedom in letting my spirit praise as the Holy Spirit quickened it.

Since then, it has never been about tongues. It has been always as I'm aware of Christ's presence - or when I'm caught up in intercession for another person and know not what to say with my mind.

What a great thing when the Holy Spirit prays or praises through you. What complete freedom. And there is always a sense that the praise or prayer is somehow more complete. Coming from a part of you that has newly come alive.

P

popeye

Yes - it was an encounter with God's love. When I felt it poured out on me, I just had nothing but sounds to express how I felt. There was such a freedom in not having to come up with words in English which just could not do the feeling I had justice. So, I just let syllables of sounds pour forth from my spirit. That was my first knowledge of the freedom in letting my spirit praise as the Holy Spirit quickened it.

Since then, it has never been about tongues. It has been always as I'm aware of Christ's presence - or when I'm caught up in intercession for another person and know not what to say with my mind.

What a great thing when the Holy Spirit prays or praises through you. What complete freedom. And there is always a sense that the praise or prayer is somehow more complete. Coming from a part of you that has newly come alive.
this is for you;

[video=youtube;g7ujXSpvafI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7ujXSpvafI[/video]

S

shotgunner

Very much my experience as well. I only pray in tongues in private or sometimes when worship service is so loud that I won't be overheard. I would give a message if I knew for a surety that God gave it to me. I just remain open to whatever God wants to do.

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
this is for you;

[video=youtube;g7ujXSpvafI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7ujXSpvafI[/video]

I have always loved this song. Thanks for reminding me.....

M

MyLighthouse

It was confusing and so conflicting for me, but yet wonderful because I knew it was a manifestation of the Spirit. I also knew it was incomplete and that's where the conflict was. so I did as the Bible said and prayed to interpret and once I gave in and had faith in God, the Sprit gave me this manifestation as well. Now it's super awesome and a blessing.