Toby Mac......An Illuminatist?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 15, 2009
I stumbled across this video & was shocked at what I heard. I searched the web to get an explanation for it, yet it doesn't match the song at all. Can someone give me some real evidence to prove what this song means?
[video=youtube;_LBBeGv7hio]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LBBeGv7hio&feature=kp[/video]

DavidLOVESsnow

Mar 4, 2014
I stumbled across this video & was shocked at what I heard. I searched the web to get an explanation for it, yet it doesn't match the song at all. Can someone give me some real evidence to prove what this song means?
[video=youtube;_LBBeGv7hio]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LBBeGv7hio&feature=kp[/video]
I don't use adobe flash anymore because it in itself has illuminati symbolism on it.

Let me give you some advice. Once you get to a certain level, you either join them or fall. So is he part of them? No idea. Is it possible? Of course. It's up to you whether you take the risk or not in these times.

Regardless, it's good to know you know they exist.

T

Tintin

Toby Mac isn't part of the Illuminati. His song is poking fun at the people/Christians who blame the Illuminati for everything and believe they're behind every evil in the world, sometimes even the natural disasters. It's all tongue-in-cheek.

1still_waters

Straight from the official Tobymac website FAQ page.

FAQ | tobymac.com

What is the song "Ill-M-I" about?
The "Ill-M-I" song was originally done by an artist called Soul-Junk. I talked to Glenn Galaxy (the songwriter) a lot before I put that song on the record because I wanted to know exactly what he was writing about. It's the only song I've really ever covered ... I just loved the feel and the flow of it so much—it's just raw hip hop.

What people should know about this lyric is that "ill am I" actually means "broken am I." The next line says "and you, illuminati coming through" - illuminati is defined as "persons possessing, or claiming to possess, superior enlightenment."

So when I talked to Glenn, he confirmed that the song was really speaking out against a Pharisee-type attitude, aka "holier than thou." So the chorus is saying, "broken am I, and you, those who claim to possess superior enlightenment, are coming through," as in, "YOU'RE spiritually enlightened, YOU have it all together. [sarcasm implied]" But of course, they really don't, and the song stands to remind us that we're all broken.

Obviously I've been made aware that there's supposedly a secret society called "the Illuminati" that dates back for years … but I don't know much about it beyond that. I know I'm a follower of Jesus Christ and that neither the song "Ill M I" nor the album artwork was intended to refer to that usage of the word illuminati. It just has nothing to do with my world or following Jesus or raising my kids and loving my wife.

T

Tintin

Straight from the official Tobymac website FAQ page.

FAQ | tobymac.com

What is the song "Ill-M-I" about?
The "Ill-M-I" song was originally done by an artist called Soul-Junk. I talked to Glenn Galaxy (the songwriter) a lot before I put that song on the record because I wanted to know exactly what he was writing about. It's the only song I've really ever covered ... I just loved the feel and the flow of it so much—it's just raw hip hop.

What people should know about this lyric is that "ill am I" actually means "broken am I." The next line says "and you, illuminati coming through" - illuminati is defined as "persons possessing, or claiming to possess, superior enlightenment."

So when I talked to Glenn, he confirmed that the song was really speaking out against a Pharisee-type attitude, aka "holier than thou." So the chorus is saying, "broken am I, and you, those who claim to possess superior enlightenment, are coming through," as in, "YOU'RE spiritually enlightened, YOU have it all together. [sarcasm implied]" But of course, they really don't, and the song stands to remind us that we're all broken.

Obviously I've been made aware that there's supposedly a secret society called "the Illuminati" that dates back for years … but I don't know much about it beyond that. I know I'm a follower of Jesus Christ and that neither the song "Ill M I" nor the album artwork was intended to refer to that usage of the word illuminati. It just has nothing to do with my world or following Jesus or raising my kids and loving my wife.
Interesting. My understanding was more straight-forward but that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for sharing, Still.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
This whole obsession with the Illuminati on this website would be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic.

skipp

Mar 6, 2014
I wish so many Christians weren't obsessed with conspiracy theories.

Aug 15, 2009
This whole obsession with the Illuminati on this website would be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic.
I wish so many Christians weren't obsessed with conspiracy theories.
I'll tell you what's pathetic....... The NWO & the rule of the Antichrist is exactly the same thing. The "conspiracy" people in the world know it's true & some even believe the Antichrist will head it up......... Yet over half the church thinks it's nonsense, even though our last four presidents spoke of it on national TV as well as a few of them back in the sixties warned us about the "military industrial complex" (I think that's the name) that was coming.

When the world knows more than the church about current events in end times, we can be certain about one thing: we're already in the time of the apostasy just before the Antichrist is revealed. :(:(

2 Thessalonians 2:1-12 (NASB) [SUP]1 [/SUP]Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, [SUP]2 [/SUP]that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. [SUP]3 [/SUP]Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, [SUP]4 [/SUP]who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God. [SUP]5 [/SUP]Do you not remember that while I was still with you, I was telling you these things? [SUP]6 [/SUP]And you know what restrains him now, so that in his time he will be revealed. [SUP]7 [/SUP]For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way. [SUP]8 [/SUP]Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming; [SUP]9 [/SUP]that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders, [SUP]10 [/SUP]and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. [SUP]11 [/SUP]For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, [SUP]12 [/SUP]in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness.

Many really don't want to know..... but for those that do......

Matthew 7:7-8 (KJV) [SUP]7 [/SUP]Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: [SUP]8 [/SUP]For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
You know there is no one in the Bible referred to singularly as the 'Antichrist'? Right?

Aug 15, 2009
You know there is no one in the Bible referred to singularly as the 'Antichrist'? Right?
Was I supposed to be impressed wit yer internet edumacation? Obiously somebody wuz.:rolleyes:

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
Am I supposed to be impressed with your lack of knowledge regarding the term antichrist?

T

Tintin

wow the internet, must really suck for you?, whats it like living in the early 90's internet? :p
You know the scary thing? David's not trolling, he really believes this stuff. Also, the Internet wasn't common place in the early 90s and Adobe Flash Player most definitely hadn't been released, even the first version. So I don't get what you're saying.

S

Sirk

If you wanna get to know more about a paranoid person, follow them around for awhile. Haha. Honestly tho, there most definitely is a deception being played out. However, although there may be a few conspiracies that will turn out to be true in the end....most of them are just a distraction, a way that satan uses to take believers eyes off the ball.

Mar 31, 2014
You know the scary thing? David's not trolling, he really believes this stuff. Also, the Internet wasn't common place in the early 90s and Adobe Flash Player most definitely hadn't been released, even the first version. So I don't get what you're saying.

was meant to say early-mid 90's , i know the guy's not trolling, flash was first released in 95, so my 90's comment is still relevant,

internet without flash is really rather funny, its the dinosaur age,