Tolerance?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
What the heck is with the dude in the dress example? That's a very fair line to have that you don't want crossed...
quick example - there are hundreds (thousands?)

PHOENIX -- An Arizona House panel late Wednesday approved a measure targeting transgendered people who want to use bathrooms of the gender they identify with, voting along party lines to advance a bill that protects business owners who bar the practice.

The 7-4 vote concluded an hours-long parade of transgendered and straight people who tried to persuade the panel to oppose Appropriations Committee chairman Rep. John Kavanagh's bill. The crowd broke out in chants of "shame, shame, shame" as the vote on the bill sponsored by the conservative Republican passed.

Kavanagh had radically altered the bill after being faced with an outcry from advocacy groups, but that wasn't enough to keep about 200 opponents from attending a nearly 7-hour long hearing that concluded with several hours of testimony on the bill.

The original bill would have made it a crime for a transgendered person to use a bathroom other than his or her birth sex. The new bill instead seeks to shield businesses from civil or criminal liability if they ban people from restrooms that don't match their birth sex.

It was prompted by the recent passage of a Phoenix anti-discrimination ordinance that social conservatives said prevented businesses from keeping transgendered people out of locker rooms, showers and bathrooms. Kavanagh said it would subject businesses to criminal charges and expose little children to "naked men in women's locker rooms and showers,"....

Arizona Transgender Bathroom Bill OK'd By State House Panel < click

it's not about how you or i might come to an arrangement.

it's about big agendas.

if the gubmint says that man in a dress is a woman - and i say, no that's a man wearing a dress, sooner or later i'll be the one in jail.

see how it works?

Frankfurt School - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia < click

S

Siberian_Khatru

Exactly. People see good and evil differently. So let them, let them be "immoral" in your eyes just as they probably see some of your actions as being immoral. If they start infringing their morality on others, then step in. But if they just have a different opinion, that's life. People have different opinions.
Okay, that seems to stand to reason. The fine line comes down to each their own in defining morality. That's where things get ambiguous and people start stepping on others' toes.

B

Batman007

Okay, that seems to stand to reason. The fine line comes down to each their own in defining morality. That's where things get ambiguous and people start stepping on others' toes.
Oh definitely and it's always happened and will continue to, which is why it IS important to be outspoken so that if you are being treated unfairly - or if you see a group being treated unfairly - so that it can be changed. It just worries me when I see people preaching intolerance towards groups that simply have a different opinion. That, to me, is very dangerous territory.

S

SeekingJC

Where does your morality come from?? With what do you define it, your own mind? The mind of other people? Just curious. Like I said I have a handy dandy guidebook which is the core of mine. There no ambiguity. I was morally correct according to the world before I became a Christian. But as it happens, I found out God demands more of us.

Now I think you all got me wrong. I'm not the type of person that going to poke my nose is a random acquaintances business and lecture them about well frankly anything mind less a complete strangers. But I will lovingly try to help those that are close to me and try to council them away from destructive behaviors as I would hope they would do for me. Also I will not tolerate being a part of anything that doesn't line up with what I believe.

As far as the other issues go I will not accept someone trying to shove Islam down my throat or pressure me into saying its okay by calling me things like Islamaphobe and what not. Same thing with Judaism by calling me an anti-semite or worse. Or frankly any other belief system. Nor would I shove Jesus down anybodies throat. The biggest way for me to share Christianity with the lost is by example. I don't have to be running up to people in the street practically foaming at the mouth yelling scripture at them. That's a little on the crazy side. When you walk the talk so-to-speak people will ask naturally and that gives me an opportunity to share.

God Bless Friends,
SeekingJC

E

Elijah19

Hey! :)
First off, It's awesome that you've come to Christ and stuck with him even despite enduring hostility. Second off, you're right. Tolerance is non-Biblical, because there are some things that God's character, in it's holiness, simply will not put up with. That's the whole reason we have holy law and a sacrifice of Grace (Jesus) mentioned in the Bible in the first place. The idea of tolerance as far as most define it now-days is really just a double standard. They tell you that you should passively accept their non-Biblical ideals, and the very next minute are quick to be a hostile enemy of your ideals. Doesn't really matter. All it really comes down to is that the Truth is the Truth, and on judgement day, no tolerance dreamer is going to be able to argue that before the unquestionable standard and authority of God. Honestly, just stick by what you know and work on growing a Christian friend-group. Try to share the Gospel with the others, and remind people that no human standard really matters before God. Only God's way, in the end, actually matters a cent at all. God bless in His Love.