Tradition

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ebdesroches

Aug 20, 2022
Paul says to “hold fast to the traditions you received from me, whether by epistle or word of mouth.” What the Apostles passed on is called “Holy Tradition”, and can never be opposed by Scripture, which came later. Indeed, Holy Tradition is necessary to properly interpret Scripture.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Ever hear the story of the 55 mile per hour church?

Sometimes traditions need to be changed.

Easy example: I am NOT carrying around a sword sheathed in a wooden paddle, that I can use to dig a hole in the ground and poop in.

More modern example: It would look silly to object to beards and mustaches these days, even though there was perfectly good grounds to ban them in church fellowships a mere 50 years ago.

ebdesroches

Aug 20, 2022
Ever hear the story of the 55 mile per hour church?

Sometimes traditions need to be changed.

Easy example: I am NOT carrying around a sword sheathed in a wooden paddle, that I can use to dig a hole in the ground and poop in.

More modern example: It would look silly to object to beards and mustaches these days, even though there was perfectly good grounds to ban them in church fellowships a mere 50 years ago.
i am talking about the fundamentals of the Christian faith. That never changes.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
i am talking about the fundamentals of the Christian faith. That never changes.
Ah, the priciples on which the traditions are built. That is very different... And no, those don't change.