Transhumanism, and why I fear it.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Theokayman1

Ray Kurzweil and Dmitry Iskov from 2045.com wants to end death completely and wants humanity to live forever in a "avator" by 2045 and it's becoming a midstream now. This is not a joke and they are completely serious about this. I for one believe that Jesus died for our sins and rose from the dead three days later. But I can not bare to live inside an avator for eternity.

Ray Kurzweil is a very smart man no doubt about it, but I in fear transhumanism will become a reality by a quarter of a century from now, and I hope he's wrong about the singularity and transhumanism.

They even think they can one day transfer your soul and consisouness to an avator from the human body one day.

Also some people aim to bring back the dead. I strongly disagree with that. Do you think that's possible?

Technology is improving at an alarming rate and we will never know what they will be capable of in the future. Hopefully the second coming of Christ is coming to stop all this.

Would transhumanism defeat death, if so, you can still choose to die and go to heaven with Jesus right? I for one would hate to be forced to be in an avator one day. I would still choose to die even though they invent the technology for immortality.

Would that defeat the purpose of living for Christ and going to Heaven?

Let me know if you guys think about all of this. When they invent the technology to live forever in avators I will still choose to stay in by biological body and die and go the heaven.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
From a Sara Groves song:

Scientists in Japan are building a robot to take your job
Doctors in France are growing a heart that will save your mom
Eyes wide open, and your jaw on the floor
We see science fiction ain't fiction no more
There's a meeting of minds slowly designing our future days
Back at the office they're running some copies from the DNA
We rob from Peter to extend Paul's life
Cause dying ain’t no way to die
Who's gonna stay here and think about it
Who's gonna stay, who's gonna stay
Who's gonna stay here and think about it
Who's gonna stay
Everybody's left the room
There's no one here to talk it through
Now stay, stay, stay

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
To answer the OP, first the spelling "avator" is long obsolete. The commonly used spelling currently is "avatar."

Second, I long ago decided worrying about what might happen and what people say they will do twenty or thirty years from now is futile and a waste of the limited number of hours I have in my finite life. If you want to worry about the future that is your choice, but I'm going to enjoy now.

And now is when I think I'm going to go enjoy a second slice of cornbread. :D

C

CaptainGoat

Who holds the keys between life and death? Jesus does.
He can add years or take away years.
We dont die until the end of our lives.
Living longer by artificial means is the goal of those who fear death because they have refused to accept salvation.
God can extend life should He chose to. For example, St Pirian.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Also it seems to be up to God when somebody dies regardless of what the person tries to do. Remember Hezekiah? Asking for a longer life turned out to be a very bad idea for him and for the whole nation.