Troika ! The truth of the Trinity, I AM is Jesus is God always & forevermore, One :)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

Troika ! The truth of the Trinity, I AM is Jesus is God always & forevermore, One :)

What does the Bible say for believing in the Trinity (God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit) ?

Let's start this ”race” with reckoning on two verses that put Him in perspective.

1. Isaiah 44:6 - "Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: ‘I am the first and I am the last, and there is no God besides Me."

2. Rev. 1:17-18 - "Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, 18 and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades."

Who does God tell Moses to tell the people who God is? I AM .

What does John 14:6 say? ”I am....Me.”

What does it mean when John refers to ”God” as ”our Lord (not ”a Lord”)” in Revelation?

N

nathan3

G

GreenNnice

Re: Troika ! The truth of the Trinity, I AM is Jesus is God always & forevermore, One

So, there are, were, always forevermore, will be, hmm, as long as Thy will be done. Hmm, I guess ”forevermore,” does not fit, does it, because our Lord says He is coming again.

Hey, wait, GREEN! ”Jesus” is ”He” who ”is coming again.” So, why you reference Jesus as God?

Stay tuned, my little, green, grasshoppers, we will ”feed” together, as He leads.... :)

N

nathan3

Re: Troika ! The truth of the Trinity, I AM is Jesus is God always & forevermore, One

So, there are, were, always forevermore, will be, hmm, as long as Thy will be done. Hmm, I guess ”forevermore,” does not fit, does it, because our Lord says He is coming again.

Hey, wait, GREEN! ”Jesus” is ”He” who ”is coming again.” So, why you reference Jesus as God?

Stay tuned, my little, green, grasshoppers, we will ”feed” together, as He leads.... :)

This grasshopper is kinda fat already . I already have my view on this. I'm not just interested int his topic right now,.

G

GreenNnice

”Holy, holy, holy,
Lord God Almighty,
Who was and is and is to come.”

G

GreenNnice

This grasshopper is kinda fat already . I already have my view on this. I'm not just interested int his topic right now,.
”I'm” ????

NATO, ”...you follow Me .” :) John 21:22

N

nathan3

”I'm” ????

NATO, ”...you follow Me .” :) John 21:22
Your not good at being subtle, it comes off as being confusing :p . Better to just speak plainly & for you to be the point.

G

GreenNnice

Your not good at being subtle, it comes off as being confusing :p . Better to just speak plainly & for you to be the point.
1. Isaiah 44:6 - "Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: ‘I am the first and I am the last, and there is no God besides Me."

2. Rev. 1:17-18 - "Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, 18 and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades."

Ok, here is to being more lucid: The Lord leads, that is simply what John 21:22 says. Don't be an ”I'm going to do this way” kind of guy, be, instead, ”I'm going to follow Him” kind :) .

So, also, my friend and brother, these two verses, my main verses of discussion, are not even mentioned in the first four pages of ” Trinity” thread and I wasn't led to read the next 100+ pages :p :)

Anyway, the Lord leads, you follow Him, worship Him, with your spirit and by His truth.

And, since I'm here, care to comment on either/both of those two verses ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012

I don't understand why people argue so much about this subject, Jesus even said in scripture: before the world was created I AM. the people then tried to stone him i believe, I remember his also saying that he and the father are one. I mean proof is all in scripture how much proof do we need? We read scripture but do not understand, we only see what we want to see. If we read scripture without an open heart and a willingness to change what we believe, the secrets of the bible and the deep things of god will always stay hidden. IS really our place- the created to say who god the creater of all things is?

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011

I just wanted to find out what "troika" was...

G

GreenNnice

I don't understand why people argue so much about this subject, Jesus even said in scripture: before the world was created I AM. the people then tried to stone him i believe, I remember his also saying that he and the father are one. I mean proof is all in scripture how much proof do we need? We read scripture but do not understand, we only see what we want to see. If we read scripture without an open heart and a willingness to change what we believe, the secrets of the bible and the deep things of god will always stay hidden. IS really our place- the created to say who god the creater of all things is?
Why does it truly matter what we believe of the Trinity or not? The Lord leads . ”...you follow Me.”
THIS is most important, as in not due time but in His timing, the truth He wants to reveal to you will become REVELATION unto.your life. Then, when told, pray profusely, and, go, by His leading, be led :)

”Holy, holy, holy,
Lord God Almighty,
Who was and is and is to come.”

G

GreenNnice

I just wanted to find out what "troika" was...
Troika means three in power, or, in 'this' case, One :)

))))))))))(((((((((grampsK,

IF I ask you if the 'Lamb' in Revelation is Jesus, which we know He is, can you explain what Scripture(s) explain/reference the Lamb as God, too?

'Troika,' too, was a play on a word. I'm sure you know the answer if you know who said eureka! when they discovered... ;)

G

GreenNnice

Eureka ! More help on the Trinity :)

I think I got this. We are to worship the Lord God Amighty with all our heart, mind, soul, this is the 'greatest' commandment.
Scripture does not say we are to mention the 'Lords,' but, yes, One who is Lord. So, when one hears Scripture that says, 'My Lord said to My Lord,' what does this say to you? Hmm, I think it should say that Jesus is Lord and God is Lord. And, although hard to put in the same inference, the Holy Spirit is 'of God' too so....

John 3:16 says God gave His only begotten Son, which has a capital 'S,' not a lowercase 's,' right? So, again, we either have one God and one son, or, we have One God and One Son, who are One . Scripture is clear, isn't it, God gave His only begotten 'Son'. God and Son, just like Helper, there is INFINITE more underneath the title ONCE a capital letter is used, like 'Prophet,' for Jesus. Again, we can refererence back to 'Son' for 'Prophet' since Jesus is the One referred.
Makes sense to me, anyway :)

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011

Today walking along with my 5 year old he said "Mum is Jesus God's Son" i said yes.

I believe he misunderstood someone today and was upset that these people didn't believe Jesus was God's Son.

out of the mouth of babes you have perfect praise :)

Further on i told him how i like to call Him Yahshua which he already knew....

G

GreenNnice

Today walking along with my 5 year old he said "Mum is Jesus God's Son" i said yes.

I believe he misunderstood someone today and was upset that these people didn't believe Jesus was God's Son.

out of the mouth of babes you have perfect praise :)

Further on i told him how i like to call Him Yahshua which he already knew....
Explaining Jesus is God to a 5-year-old, I would not attempt that to anyone, even to age 12, myself, that's a topic that can cause great duress in one's faith :( , understanding Jesus is God, fully man, fully God, should be when the Lord leads one to tell their little one, and, He will reveal that understanding to them, I would just let them know Jesus is God's Son, just like you did, loveMe#1.

Again, it's not a salvation issue as such, it's an understanding of the true power of the one, true, God, who came to Earth as a Holy Spirit seed and became born a man--fully God and fully man---who then when He died took on the sins of the world. Jesus is the mediator for us to understand who God is, Jesus walking the Earth was God on Earth, God manifested in the flesh was Jesus.

1In the beginning was the
Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the
beginning. 3Through him all things
were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him
was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5The light shines in the
darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[SUP]a[/SUP] it.

6There was a man sent from
God whose name was John. 7He came as a witness to
testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. 8He
himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.

9The true light that gives
light to everyone was coming into the world. 10He was in the world,
and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.
11He came to that which
was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12Yet to all who did
receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become
children of God— 13children born not of
natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

14The Word became flesh
and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and
only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

When was God's son first born? He did not get the name 'Jesus,' having been born through Holy Spirit seed, through virgin, Mary, until Matt. 1:23 tells us so , but WHEN was God's Son truly born ?

When? If 'He' was with God in the beginning, when was His Son truly born ?

He was with God 'in the beginnng.' So, when was God's Son born? Does Scripture tell us?
Remember, God sent a Holy Spirit seed to Earth, and, the Holy Spirit is Who ? Jesus said He would give us a 'Helper.' Again, there is a capitalized letter, 'H,' in this case. Again, we, at this point, MUST dismiss any notion that this 'Helper' is special, special, indeed, beyond special, for who else in Scripture gets that kind of (special) title? None.
Only 'God,' only 'Lord God Almighty,' only 'Jesus,' only 'Prophet,' which refers to 'Jesus,' :) , only 'Redeemer,' only 'Prince of Peace, only 'The Light,' only.....

Who is capitalized is Who you should know is God, is Son, is Holy Spirit, all caps, all the time, never a variance.
God has many titles but only One name, His name is the name above all names, He is our Prince of Peace, our Lord of lords, He is Jesus, our Messiah, Yeshua, Yah, He is the One that every knee shall bow too, not TWO, but One.

Every knee shall bow, every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is (=) Lord (God Almighty, Prince of Peace, Mighty God, the Power, the Alpha, and, Omega, the First and the Last, the One who took your sins away through His Son, who is none other than the God of all the universe, the Holy One, Emmanuel, He is God With Us , it's not Emmanuel = 'Jesus with us.' No, no, no..... God with us .

The great I AM .

"Very truly I tell you," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"

Last edited by a moderator:

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011

Greenie, i'm simpler than my little lad :) that boy pushes me with some of his questions.

I believe the Bible and how and what is written.

If we go back to Scripture certain things appear that we overlook at first glance maybe.

i'm took back often at the depths...

G

GreenNnice

Greenie, i'm simpler than my little lad :) that boy pushes me with some of his questions.

I believe the Bible and how and what is written.

If we go back to Scripture certain things appear that we overlook at first glance maybe.

i'm took back often at the depths...
Yes, it's important to let God speak through you to uncover the depths of His Word to your son, milady. Yes, indeed, what a joy to have a child to raise up in Jesus ! Awesome. And, raise up in God ! And, show Him who the Holy Spirit is unto their life. I soo wish my mom and dad had told me of the power of the Holy Spirit unto my life when I was younger but they did not and my church never got that across, I sound with regret, no, not at all, what I wish for I, too, know that the Lord knew expressly when He would reveal His Spirit to me and baptize me therewithin :)

Yes, most important, in my opinion, I pray the Lord leads me to say this, but very important I am not judging people who are having a hard time grasping 'I AM.' I told markymark that I have ALWAYS been wanting God in my life, I committed my life to Him when I was 16 but, even before that, wanted Him, but ALWAYS, too, thought Jesus seperate, but there is no seperation other than in the truth of Jesus having walked this Earth to show us who He is. God, in the flesh. Manifested. He is Him, He is the spirt of God, He is I AM, He is all and all. :)

CORRECTION: I need more context here before explaining Jesus, who is God, sent us a 'Helper,' who is the Holy Spirit.

I like this verse for distinction of God's son, Jesus, being part of the divinity that is Trinity, so to speak :D

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son..."

We can stop there, God did not give His 'son,' He gave His 'Son,' with a capital 'S,' this is to help us understand the Deity of Him, the deity of God. Same goes for Holy Spirit as where in Scripture is reference to the 'Holy Spirit' ever not in caps? Never.

Jesus said He would give us a 'Helper.' Again, there is a capitalized letter, 'H,' in this case. Again, we, at this point, MUST dismiss any notion that this 'Helper' is special, special, indeed, beyond special, for who else in Scripture gets that kind of (special) title? None.