Trouble Posting in Forum

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
V

VioletReigns

For some reason I am having trouble posting in the forums. It's as if I'm using a manual typewriter and the keys aren't hitting the ribbon. (Only older folks will understand this, I think. LOL) Anyhow, the page is "jumpy" and my words won't type out correctly. It's frustrating... *sigh*

The trouble lies not in typing the OP in the thread, it's commenting afterwards in the forum. I have to type in Microsoft Word and then copy and paste in here. Yikes! Please help. :p

M

Mitspa

For some reason I am having trouble posting in the forums. It's as if I'm using a manual typewriter and the keys aren't hitting the ribbon. (Only older folks will understand this, I think. LOL) Anyhow, the page is "jumpy" and my words won't type out correctly. It's frustrating... *sigh*

The trouble lies not in typing the OP in the thread, it's commenting afterwards in the forum. I have to type in Microsoft Word and then copy and paste in here. Yikes! Please help. :p
yea its all messed up for me too? I thought it my be my keyboard or something but I think its the site?

Feb 7, 2015
Go into <SETTINGS>, and down near the bottom, reset your browser to <STANDARD> (or whatever is the lowest setting.... [I think it is the middle of the three offered])

Feb 7, 2015
Go into <SETTINGS/General Settings>, and down near the bottom, reset your Message Editor Interface:to <STANDARD> (or whatever is the lowest setting.

You're set too high for when the forum gets a little overloaded, and you need to try one of the two lower options offered.

V

VioletReigns

Ok, I followed your instructions Willie-T and it seems like it corrected the problem. Thanks a bunch, brother! Blessings in Christ Jesus to you.

Feb 7, 2015
Ok, I followed your instructions Willie-T and it seems like it corrected the problem. Thanks a bunch, brother! Blessings in Christ Jesus to you.
The only thing with this "semi-fix" is that you may lose some of the ability to use certain formatting tools in your replies.

You can switch back and forth between the three setting, till you find the best compromise. Often, after a few days, you can go back to the best one, (WYSIWYG), if the forum will handle it. If it acts up again, you now know how to drop the sensitivity down a little.

V

VioletReigns

Yes Willie_T, I just found that out when I went to post a photo in the Bible Discussion Forum. A bit different formatting but it posted successfully. Ah, technology... :rolleyes:

rebooting.gif

S

Siberian_Khatru

I hit a snag earlier also. Glad it's all cleared up for both of us now!