Trouble with Life

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

earp224

Ok so ive moved halfway across the country 2 years ago, i'm thirteen, (living in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canda) out of all the people around my age i only know 2 that are christian. Well I really want to move back to where i used to live in ontario but i can't due to my parents not having alot of money. Some guy owes my dad loads of money because he invested in their conpany and it crashed. so im stuck in a place where nobody knows god, half the people i know are on weed, cocaine, marijuana, rum, chew tobbacco, cigarettes, pills, ectasy, alcohol, and alot of other stuff i probly not legally aloud to say on the internet. well im like the only person who comes to school sober in the morning and it's really pissy how my freinds act some of the time. i hate living out here alot, and i wanna move back. me and some of my freinds started a band a month ago and we play some gigs and stuff but i still not liking it here. On a recent visit back to ontario for my grandpa's funeral i learned that my best freind who sadly has feudral alcohol syndrome er somthing is depressed ever since i moved and had a mental breakdown this christmas and had to go to a hospital, i didnt get to see him on the visit, Well anyways something hit me that made my terrible life make sense, i lived here to bring christ to the druggies and drunks and everyone else in the hood that i lived in. I really want to help these guys and start something good in this area for once. I don't know how to tell them about, i do have a freind who is jewish, but absolutely hates religioun idont know why but whenever i say something about religion he always gives a putdown. I don't know what to do.. Can somebody give me advice to turn this area around i wana do somethin good for a change..

U

Ugly

Just live your faith. Let people see the difference in you. Find your joy in God that allows you to be joyful in all situations. Show them that, because of God in your life, you are different than them. That you don't need all the junk to cope that they do. And don't be shy about what you believe. Not saying you have to stand on a street corner and proclaim it, but don't hide it either. Pray, a lot. Read your bible a lot. Without those two things being in your life daily you increase your chance of failure.
Lastly, no matter what happens, don't get discouraged. You may or may not see changes, but just because the change doesn't happen before your eyes doesn't mean that you won't have had an effect. We all have different roles in peoples lives. Sometimes we're there to plant seeds, and sometimes we're there to reap the harvest. Don't get caught up in having expectations of what you think should happen. Just remain faithful and always listen for the Holy Spirit to guide you.

Y

yoej_ogart

Okay, dude I am excited for you. Yeah, that kind of environment sucks big time but nothin is for nothin my brotha! I'm proud of you for taking the move that way. That's the Spirit turning your mind, and I'm glad you're pursuing it. I won't lie to you and say, "Oh do this and that, and it will be a piece of cake!" cause that's just..no. But, the weight of that environment will get lighter as time goes by and as you remain in Him at ALL TIMES.. ALL TIMES! .. So, from experience and from the Word itself, the best way to lift that load off your back is to believe the truth; which is who you are in Christ, where you are in Christ, and what you have in Christ( btw not physically, but spiritually where you are and what you have).. and the best way to change that scene and show them Him is by being a friend to them, a true friend( no, dont jump over the moon for them but really be there; however Jesus would be for them, be that friend basically ). Also, when you're being that friend you must continue believing the truth and adding to what I gave you above, you must remind yourself that pushing them towards Him is not our jobs, but being a friend to them; not necessarily their friend but a friend..you get me? Cause what obsessing over their blindness will only bring them further and you more frustrated than you already may be. So just know, you're to plant and/or water a seed. Jesus will do the rest.. Oh, and if you get hostile folks that deny or reject or even dog on you for what you speak? Don't worry! Ok, yuh know how now-a-days when the farmers plant seeds they go over the land with a plow then put the seeds down? Well back in the Biblical days they'd throw the seeds out into the field then they'd go over it with a plow! So, just smile and say in your heart, "Tooo laaatee" haha cause the plow is on its way ;)

Now, on your part my friend, you've gotta separate yourself in a way to where you're not living amongst their lives but you're not loving them from a distance, yuh know? This is for your spiritual and physical safety.. Because God has put you in a place where hearts are owned by the enemy, the enemy is gonna try everything to bring you down. That's why you feel so terrible. I mean, yeah, it sucks but the enemy will strengthen those negative thoughts as much as he can so you leave. Do you think the enemy wants those teens and your friends to meet you? Do you think he wants them to know about a God that loves them? Do you think that he wants you to stay there? And do you think that he even wants YOU knowing Jesus? Nope, nope, nope, and nope. Therefore remember that God is a good God. Remember that you were CHOSEN. Remember that for such a time as this, you moved there. Remember that even if you don't stay there long, you can make an impact. Remember to believe in the truth and the truth only. Remember that religion kills so you've gotta pray that Holy Spirit will be on your tongue so whenever you speak to those guys, it'll hit their hearts not just their minds! Your relationship with Jesus is very important. The enemy knows that so do not, my friend, doo noot listen to crap. Kid, THE ENEMY DONT WANT YUH THERE. But guess what satan!? EARP224 AND GOD HIMSELF DONT WANT YUH THERE EITHER! Hahaa. So press on man! Hold tight to what you know! Hold fast your profession! Keep it up! Keep believing in yourself! Keep praying! Keep talking with Him! Just keep believing!! Sorry I cant say it enough haha. You can do this! If I can handle the bay area, the valley, AND Berkeley itself, then you can handle a piece of Canada! God trusts you and believes in you thats why he has revealed this to you.

With love, your sister in Christ, Ephy

P.S. - Sorry for talking so much

E

earp224

thanks alot guys this really helps and inspires me :)

N

NinJaGGS

I live on a reservation. All of my friends are into various drugs. I never tell them its wrong to do drugs, mostly because its not my business to determine for them what is right. You are making yourself very big supposing that you could turn this area around, I highly doubt that you will be able to change anyones minds by talking to them. People have this free will to do what they want for a reason, God respects us fully and completely, I think we must be like God in this matter and have respect for the choices others make. That being said, the best thing to do in any situation is to pray to God for them, not out loud as a show, not for them even necessarily but for you, for your own internal peace WILL save hundreds around you.

Y

Yoichi

maybe god was calling you there so you can help other people know him. I don't know I am not in your place, all I can say is tell those who are willing to listen and if they don't, shrug it off and try some other time. just be careful

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Just live your faith. Let people see the difference in you. Find your joy in God that allows you to be joyful in all situations. Show them that, because of God in your life, you are different than them. That you don't need all the junk to cope that they do. And don't be shy about what you believe. Not saying you have to stand on a street corner and proclaim it, but don't hide it either. Pray, a lot. Read your bible a lot. Without those two things being in your life daily you increase your chance of failure.
Lastly, no matter what happens, don't get discouraged. You may or may not see changes, but just because the change doesn't happen before your eyes doesn't mean that you won't have had an effect. We all have different roles in peoples lives. Sometimes we're there to plant seeds, and sometimes we're there to reap the harvest. Don't get caught up in having expectations of what you think should happen. Just remain faithful and always listen for the Holy Spirit to guide you.

Very well said :)

Yes, once they see something different about you they will start wondering what it is that makes you 'different'...a good different :)