Trump wants to suspend the Constitution

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Temple-C

Apr 5, 2011
Trump said the following on Truth Social.

"Do you throw the Presidential Election Results of 2020 OUT and declare the RIGHTFUL WINNER, or do you have a NEW ELECTION? A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,"

I'm curious what pro Trump folks think of this. Does this change your opinion of him? Do you agree?

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Well, first of all, your title says "suspend the constitution". That's not quite what he says in your quote.

Secondly, there is more to this than meets the eye. There always is. I need to know the entire context surrounding this -- but have little interest to look it up. I just don't take stuff like this seriously, because it's not going to happen.

Another reason I don't take this too seriously is because he wouldn't be the first president to find the constitution to be in his way. Lincoln suspended Habeas Corpus. Wilson wanted the constitution redone, basically eliminating separation of powers. FDR imprisoned American citizens of Japanese descent just because they were Japanese. And, he deliberately challenged the constitution with his social / economic policies and waited for the SCOTUS to deny or affirm his actions (more often than not they pushed back on what he did). Obama did questionable things. The current marriage law going through Congress is going to challenge the constitution. I know there are many other examples (there are history buffs in here who know more about this than I do) and no one party or ideology seems to have had a monopoly on that.

It's why the constitution is there, to keep humans in check. Unfortunately, it is just a piece of paper, and relies on a noble population to properly understand it and honor it. We the people are the power, but we'll lose it if we don't do that.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Trump is entertaining. That’s what American politics are. I miss Trump.
Now that the red wave didn’t happen we are entering Season 10 of America’s politics.
The season finale for this season is the presidential elections.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
You are right it would be interesting to see where and what his supporters think about this. I got nothing nice to say about T so I will move along.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

"Do you throw the Presidential Election Results of 2020 OUT and declare the RIGHTFUL WINNER, or do you have a NEW ELECTION? A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,"

I'm curious what pro Trump folks think of this. Does this change your opinion of him? Do you agree?
Have you paid attention to the news? The document drop from Twitter is proof that the FBI, Deep State, DNC and Biden campaign advised Twitter on who to censor in order to suppress the story of Hunter Biden's laptop. Already polls have shown that more than 5% of Biden voters in 2020 would not have voted for him had they known about the laptop. So this was criminal, it violated the constitution, it impacted the election and since it was done in collaboration with a foreign entity it is treason.

So then, what is the remedy? Do you have a "do over" or do you disqualify Biden and therefore give the election to Trump.

What is the righteous and just thing to do. You cannot ignore this fraud and allow crooks to continue to rob the country.

The Hunter Biden laptop is proof that Joe Biden is running a crime family, that he is compromised, and because the FBI suppressed this information it proves they are complicit in selecting the president of the US by fraud.

arthurfleminger

Aug 18, 2021
With Trump's meetings with ultra rightists and anti semites, and his desire to suspend the US Constitution, he seems hell bent on destroying any chances that the Republicans have of winning the Presidency/House/Senate in 2024.

Republicans and all conservatives need to 'Dump Trump' into the dustbin of history.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
With Trump's meetings with ultra rightists and anti semites, and his desire to suspend the US Constitution, he seems hell bent on destroying any chances that the Republicans have of winning the Presidency/House/Senate in 2024.

Republicans and all conservatives need to 'Dump Trump' into the dustbin of history.
Anti-semite... the guy with Jews in his immediate family, like in-laws, and the guy who did what no other president did, recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capitol. The stuff out there from people on this guy show that too many folks have no idea what's going on in the culture war. And, that is part of the reason the Right is losing it.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016

Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution.

This is true. Massive corruption means we have a Banana Republic where laws only matter when they support the corrupts cause or if they do not then they redefine the laws like the definition of sex and marriage.

By your quote alone this sounds like a statement about what will happen if we do not secure elections.

Oct 6, 2022

"Trump wants to suspend the constitution"

Where in this is Trump's desire to suspend the constitution?

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
"Trump wants to suspend the constitution"

Where in this is Trump's desire to suspend the constitution?
Yep... the title of this thread's laced with bias.

Trump is not a perfect vessel, but whom among us is? The man defended the constitution during his presidency, and unless you do not value your religious freedom in the US, you should support him should he become the nominee.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia

?
That's a little brief for my brain to decipher.
Pretend that I'm Jethro Bodene and you are explaining it to me so I can commence my cipherin'.
🤔 😉

SomeDisciple

Jul 4, 2021
Fake News until I see the context.

I'm pretty sure Trump means that the people committing fraud allowed THEM to bypass the constitution... not that it allows HIM to do it.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Fake News until I see the context.

I'm pretty sure Trump means that the people committing fraud allowed THEM to bypass the constitution... not that it allows HIM to do it.
We need a click bait emoji