Truth

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

Kefa52

John 18:37 You are a king then?" Pilate asked. "You say that I'm a king," Jesus
replied. "I was born for this, and I have come into the world for this:
to testify to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to My
voice."" (HCSB)

What is "TRUTH"

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
voice."" (HCSB)

What is "TRUTH"
whatever is true. here is a truth that embodies Truth ...Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Jan 19, 2013
voice."" (HCSB)

What is "TRUTH"
The Word of God incarnate is TRUTH (Jn 14:6).

The word of God written is TRUTH (Ps 33:4).

M

MarkayMrk777

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

- John 14:6

L

Laodicea

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

- John 14:6

Jesus is certainly the truth, there are two more texts that tell what truth is:-
Psalms 119:142 KJV
(142) Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth.
John 17:17 KJV

(17) Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Apr 6, 2012
Scriptures show, the “truth” to which Jesus bore witness was not just truth in general. It was the all-important truth of what God’s purposes were and are, truth based on the fundamental fact of God’s sovereign will and His ability to fulfill that will. (See John 18:37) By his ministry Jesus revealed that truth, contained in “the sacred secret,” as being God’s Kingdom with Jesus Christ, the “son of David,” serving as King-Priest on the throne. This was also the essence of the message proclaimed by angels prior to and at the time of his birth in Bethlehem of Judea, the city of David.-Luke 1:32, 33; 2:10-14; 3:31.

The accomplishment of his ministry in bearing witness to the truth required more of Jesus than merely talking, preaching, and teaching. Besides shedding his heavenly glory to be born as a human, he had to fulfill all the things prophesied about him, including the shadows, or patterns, contained in the Law covenant. (Col 2:16, 17; Heb 10:1) To uphold the truth of his Father’s prophetic word and promises Jesus had to live in such a way as to make that truth become reality, fulfilling it by what he said and did, how he lived, and how he died. Thus, he had to be the truth, in effect, the embodiment of the truth, as he himself said he was.-John 14:6.

For this reason the apostle John could write that Jesus was “full of undeserved kindness and truth” and that, though “the Law was given through Moses, the undeserved kindness and the truth came to be through Jesus Christ.” (John 1:14, 17) By means of his human birth, his presenting himself to God by baptism in water, his three and a half years of public service in behalf of God’s Kingdom, his death in faithfulness to God, his resurrection to heaven-by all these historical events-God’s truth arrived, or “came to be,” that is, came to realization. (Compare John 1:18; Colossians 2:17.) The whole career of Jesus Christ was therefore a “bearing witness to the truth,” to the things to which God had sworn. Jesus was thus no shadow Messiah or Christ. He was the real one promised. He was no shadow King-Priest. He was, in substance and fact, the true one that had been prefigured.-Romans 15:8-12; compare Psalms 18:49; 117:1; Deuteronomy 32:43; Isaiah 11:10.

This truth was the truth that would “set men free” if they showed themselves to be “on the side of the truth” by accepting Jesus’ role in God’s purpose. (John 8:32-36; 18:37) To ignore God’s purpose concerning his Son, to build hopes on any other foundation, to form conclusions regarding one’s life course on any other basis would be to believe a lie, to be deceived, to follow the leading of the father of lies, God’s Adversary. (Matthew 7:24-27; John 8:42-47) It would mean “to die in one’s sins.” (John 8:23, 24) For this reason Jesus did not hold back from declaring his place in God’s purpose.