trying to be a better person.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

simplymeganne

Over the past couple weeks, I've spent a few nights up until 4am just talking to God, and praying.
I know what I need to do, but I need as much support in prayer as possible.
-Prayers for my being a better person. I've hurt a lot of people, and I feel awful.
-Prayers for me to apologize to the people I've hurt.
-Prayers for my motivation with school, and weight loss, and friends.
-Prayers for me to continue enjoy being single.
-Prayers for me to find a job.

I know my needs aren't nearly as important as many of the other ones, but thank you a million times, CC.

xx

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
I will be praying for you. God bless

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Sweetie, your needs are very important to God and He's willing and ready to meet every one of them :)

You've taken the first step....you asked for His help. He loves us so much that He waits until we invite Him in; He won't barge through our door and take over. But when we invite Him in and give Him the best seat in the house...amazing things happen.

Regrets are heavy things to carry around and trying to make restitution where possible is very good. Make sure that confronting past wrongs with people will actually help THEM and not just be a confessing session for you. Confess to God and try to fix things where possible but don't cause more hurt...this is kind of a tricky thing.

Hang in there...you're on the right track :)

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
Sure thing Meganne. God bless!

C

Christmusiclover7

Seek Jesus continuously! Read your bible and pray every single day. That's as simple as I can put that. It seems like you're off to a great start. I'll be praying for you! :)

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
Meganne, that was a really cool post. I will certainly pray for you. Those are all awesome, Godly desires. Take care!

Oct 20, 2011
Dear lord comfort guide instruct and watch over this person amen

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying in agreement with you in Jesus Christ is Lord.

God bless
pickles

T

tiabear

I'm a textbook pathological liar. For as long as I can remember
God,
Im praying for health, guidance, finances, help, wisdom, forgiveness, strength, love, an miracle, I have lied about everything, even the smallest, most insignificant things. I never really saw my lying as a problem. But I’ve come to realize, that I think this pathological lying is making my life more stressful and miserable than it could be. I've told so many lies to different people, it's impossible for me to keep track of them all, and now have the notoriety of being a liar. Obviously I’d like to wipe this reputation clean.
A lot of the lies I tell serve no real purpose. I'll lie about things like...Also that I want to move home and for my roommate to find a new roommate. Things which REALLY don't matter in the slightest, but I lie about them anyway. It's uncontrollable, I don't really think before saying them, It's compulsive. Some of the responses I received about lying and why they told lies are as follows. Because I do not want to hurt anyone's feelings.(people pleaser)
I learn what disorders that contribute to pathological lying may also respond to a combined treatment of psychiatric medication and cognitive behavioral therapy which is personality. The goal with pathological lying must in the end be to treat any evidence of illness or conditions that may influence the lying. This may include medications and the use of behavioral therapy to help the person overcome compulsive lying
I have a problem. Im very ashamed about it, I’m a compulsive liar. I lie to my family and friends and I have loss of friends due to this. And I don’t have many friends do to this. I want to stop and need help and I lie for no reason and most don’t hurt anyone but they get me no where. I would love to stop this so I can build better friendships and relationships and not hurt anyone.
I need to stop telling lies and fearing the truth will be too painful for people to hear
I need to stop telling lies and believing this protects people (and me) from harm
I need to stop telling lies and thinking that this will make people like me more
I need to take responsibility. I need to have courage to tell it like it is, exactly the way it is. You know where you stand with the truth and with the truth,
I have hurt my best friend. I hope she can one day forgive me, trust me again. And I am now pledging to her, and to myself, that I am not going to lie anymore, for me, and for what I hope is still our future together.
Loosing people over lies, selfishness and anger. Three terrible qualities in my deep closet space of sin. I want to walk a healthier way of life. Change is a must, I want to walk in green pastures and feel free of guilt. Lord let me find you and may purity take over my heart and sole for I am lost lord. Can u pray for me?
My challenge is not forgiving myself. I am a horrible person because I constantly lie to my best friend, family, and her family as well. I don’t why I lie so much but now no one can trust me. I am admitted my wrong and willing to fix every wrong thing I did caused by this problem. People feel like I was never a friend to them and that isn’t simply true. I wasn’t the best person to them as I should have been. I feel alone and have no one to talk to for advice but God of course. My best friend sacrifices so much with loans, title loans, and advice and etc. I feel that I was a horrible person to her for what vie done repeatedly. I pray for our friendship again. Also need a job so I can help her pay these loans off. Also to get my own personally finances control. I hurt the ones that were trying to help me and I shoot them away. I don’t know why. I know I have an problem so I’m seeking help for my problems. I was an lazy inconsiderate person without trying to be. I want people to stand in my corner while I’m getting better. I haven’t lie since I left the mental ward. I’m trying to get closer to God and walk in his faith. Continue to do the right things now and knowing I will be okay. I’ve let down myself and others. I got lots to prove but I don’t want to damage my character anymore.
Amen

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
I'm a textbook pathological liar. For as long as I can remember
God,
Im praying for health, guidance, finances, help, wisdom, forgiveness, strength, love, an miracle, I have lied about everything, even the smallest, most insignificant things. I never really saw my lying as a problem. But I’ve come to realize, that I think this pathological lying is making my life more stressful and miserable than it could be. I've told so many lies to different people, it's impossible for me to keep track of them all, and now have the notoriety of being a liar. Obviously I’d like to wipe this reputation clean.
A lot of the lies I tell serve no real purpose. I'll lie about things like...Also that I want to move home and for my roommate to find a new roommate. Things which REALLY don't matter in the slightest, but I lie about them anyway. It's uncontrollable, I don't really think before saying them, It's compulsive. Some of the responses I received about lying and why they told lies are as follows. Because I do not want to hurt anyone's feelings.(people pleaser)
I learn what disorders that contribute to pathological lying may also respond to a combined treatment of psychiatric medication and cognitive behavioral therapy which is personality. The goal with pathological lying must in the end be to treat any evidence of illness or conditions that may influence the lying. This may include medications and the use of behavioral therapy to help the person overcome compulsive lying
I have a problem. Im very ashamed about it, I’m a compulsive liar. I lie to my family and friends and I have loss of friends due to this. And I don’t have many friends do to this. I want to stop and need help and I lie for no reason and most don’t hurt anyone but they get me no where. I would love to stop this so I can build better friendships and relationships and not hurt anyone.
I need to stop telling lies and fearing the truth will be too painful for people to hear
I need to stop telling lies and believing this protects people (and me) from harm
I need to stop telling lies and thinking that this will make people like me more
I need to take responsibility. I need to have courage to tell it like it is, exactly the way it is. You know where you stand with the truth and with the truth,
I have hurt my best friend. I hope she can one day forgive me, trust me again. And I am now pledging to her, and to myself, that I am not going to lie anymore, for me, and for what I hope is still our future together.
Loosing people over lies, selfishness and anger. Three terrible qualities in my deep closet space of sin. I want to walk a healthier way of life. Change is a must, I want to walk in green pastures and feel free of guilt. Lord let me find you and may purity take over my heart and sole for I am lost lord. Can u pray for me?
My challenge is not forgiving myself. I am a horrible person because I constantly lie to my best friend, family, and her family as well. I don’t why I lie so much but now no one can trust me. I am admitted my wrong and willing to fix every wrong thing I did caused by this problem. People feel like I was never a friend to them and that isn’t simply true. I wasn’t the best person to them as I should have been. I feel alone and have no one to talk to for advice but God of course. My best friend sacrifices so much with loans, title loans, and advice and etc. I feel that I was a horrible person to her for what vie done repeatedly. I pray for our friendship again. Also need a job so I can help her pay these loans off. Also to get my own personally finances control. I hurt the ones that were trying to help me and I shoot them away. I don’t know why. I know I have an problem so I’m seeking help for my problems. I was an lazy inconsiderate person without trying to be. I want people to stand in my corner while I’m getting better. I haven’t lie since I left the mental ward. I’m trying to get closer to God and walk in his faith. Continue to do the right things now and knowing I will be okay. I’ve let down myself and others. I got lots to prove but I don’t want to damage my character anymore.
Amen
Hi Tiabear,
Welcome to CC!

That was such an incredibly honest prayer. I know God will honor it and that help is on the way :)

Lying does become a habit and any habit is fixable. You already named the reasons that lying is bad so there's no need to restate them. Except I will emphasize with you about the loss of trust. I think an habitual liar will eventually not trust herself....she is like you said, lost. Lying just causes a life to become a big tangle.

But it's possible to untangle it with help from the Holy Spirit. I pray strength and guidance for you as you partner with the Holy Spirit to get your life back in order.

Here some things you might want to do:

-- write a note to people you currently interact with and confess what you lied about and apologize. And then do the same thing with people in your past...if it won't cause more hurt. Don't do it if it may cause additional pain to someone; just confess it to God. It may help to write God a letter. For some reason writing things down helps us.

-- ask some friends to be you accountability partners. They give you permission to come to them and confess. You give them permission to grill you about what you're saying.

The best way to get rid of a bad habit is to replace it with a good one. Before saying anything, pray for help with what's going to come out of your mouth. Count to 3 or something and think before speaking.

Your honesty here was a big step for you....congratulations! Praying for you to continue in that direction :)

P

psychomom

Meganne, your needs are 100% important, and so I thank you for bringing them to us in that lovely spirit of humility. <3

I will continue to pray for you, and hope you let us know how you're doing, dear heart! :)

~ellie