Trying to find my way

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Cooee61

I have recently found myself alone after 32 years marriage, and I wonder if anyone else has found themselves dealing with the grief of a long time relationship, and how they found their way through it. My husband moved on even before I had moved out of the house, so I am finding myself quite tortured with these thoughts and my grown children and grandchildren are also having trouble dealing with this new woman in their life. I find the grief overwhelming at times, and I keep thinking back to the good times. Has anyone else worked their way through this kind of pain, and how can I survive this (again ... this is the second time with the same husband!)

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
I don't know exactly what is going on or how you feel, but I do know that the bible says all things work together for good to those who love the Lord, God said He will never leave you nor forsake you, and though you are going through a grievous, painful time, God is there with you, and the only thing you can do for strength and direction is keep on calling out to Him, It may be dark, lonely and hopeless but I know God is faithful forever, and though He did not say it will be easy, He did say He will see us through the hard times. I will pray for you. God bless

C

Cooee61

ty for that. The one verse about things working together for Good for those who love the Lord is one passage I keep telling myself. ty for the message :)

Devoted2JC

Jan 16, 2011
Hi Cooee61 welcome to Christian Chat
God Bless,

S

shekaniah

Welcome to CC, I will be praying for you and your family.
May God's perfect peace and love rule in your lives.
Take care, Shekaniah

jandian

Feb 12, 2011
May you be strong in the Lord and the power of His might

B

BADDOG

Hi Cooeee i'm 61 and have gone through what your going through now and many other have done this also some come into the Biblestudy room in case you wish to come into that room ((just so you know)) when my first marrage fell apart i was so dead inside ,,,for me it was my wife who had the affiars 3 that i know of ,,,,when that marrage ended it was after 20 years ,,,, i was alone till i met my 2ed wife and we were together for just 10 years when she saddly died ,,,,,
so yes i know what your going through ,,,,,, my life line was my new hobby of writing i write poems short storys for kids ,,,, crime ,,, and now i'm busy with a movie scriped ,,,, if it ever gets made into a movie of course lol

life changes all of us and its important to know who we are and after a long marrage we so often lose sight of who we are and what we like to do with our free time

just so you know there is life after divorce and the pain we carry gets less and less so ,,,,

God Bless You richly in all you do

BADDOG

A

Arch

I have been through this. My ex wife got pregnant from another man while we were married. It was very difficult but was the cause of me surrendering my life to God. I went to a church based program called Divorce Care and was able to find forgiveness and faced my own shortcomings in the marriage. The support group at DC was terrific and I suggest this program to anyone going through a divorce. God bless you.