Trying to fix things

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

lostandlooking

hello all, i am new to this site and am wanting to start talking with other christians about God and also to seek guidance. I am a married mother of one and was saved nearly 8 years ago in a program called Teen Challenge. I backslid quite a bit after i left the program but have never forgotten the love of God and how much peace i had to walk beside him. I know that i have fallen quite away since i first found salvation. My biggest challenge i feel is the fear i have that those around me will judge me or see me as a hypocrite as they have only known me as the person i am. I know that i should fear God more than i do others but that is not my current reality. I have a lot of obsticles to tackle before i think i will feel the way i did all those years ago when i was walking so close to God, but i want to get back to that. It has been a very hard road ive been on and things aren't looking up. I need God! I have always needed him. I want him to be proud of me. I miss the feeling of having his hand upon me and guiding me as i go. I hope this is the right place to start. Thank you for listening.

R

River_W

Welcome! I pray that you find many encouraging people to fellowship here! May God bless the road ahead of you as you journey toward Him once again.

In Christ,
River

O

OFM

welcome bee blessed allways amen.

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Welcome to cc and im sure hes waiting for you with open arms

U

Ugly

Sometimes we get judged, or see things in the way people treat us or view us that bring us down. I'm always glad for it. Because i get to see the person for who they really are before i waste any time investing in them, or caring what they think. Rather than letting these negative, judgmental, naysayers bring you down, spot them, run from them, and thank God for showing them to you so you can know to stay away from them.
In all things you do there are always going to be people who criticize, judge, mock, etc.. whether its your faith, or anything else. Don't let those people dictate who you are, or who you want to be. They are not happy with themselves and they will sabotage anyone who tries to be happy. Don't let it happen. Like i said, just learn to spot them and run away from them.

D

destiny

U a welc. Nice to me u.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011

Welcome to CC!

You say you're afraid that the people around you will see you as a hypocrite when you start following Christ again....but actually I would see this as a testimony to the transforming power of the Holy Spirit in your life.

When people laugh or make fun of you or point out your past mistakes...I would just point out how the power of God is working in your life and mention that they, too, can experience the same thing :)

I see 'changed lives' as one of the biggest testimonies to God's existence and power. Only He can do the heart surgery that we truly need.

Praying for you, sister...seek and you shall find :)