Trying to let go of my ex. Please help!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

Dave1234

Ok, so this girl has taken up so much space in my head that I can't bare it anymore. Let me give you a run down on how it all started... So this girl moved to my town because of family issues. I met her at freshman orientation and instantly felt an attraction for her. She was not the average girl and I saw something special in her, or so I thought. Later on she was placed in some of my classes. I would always try to stand out so that she would notice me and I guess it worked, but I never made a move to ask her out or anything... so freshman year rolled by and we were distant and didn't talk much. One day my friend called me up saying that he had just talked to her and she had told him that she liked me and wanted me to text her. I did, and we began talking and soon after began dating. She was so pretty and wore big black rayban glasses, she just seemed so different from all the other girls. She had a lot of troubles though with drugs and family matters but it never bothered me because I always thought I could help fix her problems. We later on broke up and I was so confused. I then began to wonder why I truly liked her and I would say 60% of it was the fact that she was so easy to hook up with ( I wasn't truly saved at this point so forgive me of my old mindset). We later talked on and off and got back together, but it wasn't the same so I had to break up with her. This occurred about a year ago and even until this day she still texts me and is somewhat obsessed with me, but I have found God and know it's not right to be with her since whenever where together it winds up into sin. I still lust after her but know it's wrong but I always entertain the option in my head of getting back together. I am now a senior and I have probably thought of her every day since I met her, and now am desperately looking for an escape. Please give me advice on how to avoid thinking about her and entertaining thoughts about talking to her again. I just want to put that chapter of my life to an end. I've bottled all this up for a while and this site seems like a great place to vent and receive advice and support from fellow Christians. thank you so much for your time. God Bless!

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Malcyboy

Hey buddy ~ your situation sounds a lot like a friend of mine, only difference is, he isn't a christian lol. You yourself have answered your question :) She causes lust, and when your with her, you sin and your spirit reminds you how much this is a warning sign!! my advice? explain to her, as crazy as it sounds to them, that you found God and that you don't wan't a carnal relationship, you wanna preserve yourself and want to respect her by not sinning with her. If she is interested in God, then, boom you have a good thing going there (dont just instantly date her again, let her truly develop a relationship with Christ) but the ultimate point of it all, is Christ and God, if you know you will not do the right thing being with her, then you need to be seperate with her,

In terms of lusting after her and still wanting to be with her? Lust, is a generic issue, it usually isn't person specific, its an output for sexual desires, and it is a bigger issue for those who have had physical relations. My advice, go to the root of the issue, your sex drive, conquer that and the lust will soon follow. The word says to renew your mind by the word of God, and to think on things above, and things that are good, and pure and right. Conquer the battlefield of the mind and your body will follow.

D

Dave1234

Wow man that couldn't have been more helpful than that, I'm glad you know someone who is going through a similar problem that made me feel a lot better. Thank you so much for the advice my friend, you single handedly put my mind in the right perspective... Thanks brother