Turning 18?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Sweet_T17

Hi my fellow Christians! :) i am turning 18 in 2 weeks and i was wondering how does it feel to be a 18 year old Christian girl or boy? Thanks ;)

U

Ugly

About the same as being 17. haha.
Though, it's really going to vary from person to person. There is no 'one answer' to this. Your choices, your environment, etc.. will all determine what it's like for you.
There really is no drastic change from turning 17 to 18, except, perhaps, being out of High School. And you have the option of moving out, which most don't do that quickly. But as far as internally or mentally or even emotionally, not really.

For me, i was active as a leader in 2 youth groups, working, hanging out with friends, all that. But also still battling bad depression and some other issues. So it was kind of bittersweet.

May 9, 2012
I dont really know. My parents argued on my 18th birthday so it was meh. You get the right to vote but you still get treated like a baby by most adults. My thought process was: why get mad when I don't vote when you clearly don't think I'm old enough to do certain things still? Drinking is bad but put the fate of the country in the hands of 18 year olds who older adults don't even see as adults just seemed hypocritical to me at that time. It's just all meh. You graduate high school if you did your work and you earned the right to sign things and go to war.

U

Ugly

I dont really know. My parents argued on my 18th birthday so it was meh. You get the right to vote but you still get treated like a baby by most adults. My thought process was: why get mad when I don't vote when you clearly don't think I'm old enough to do certain things still? Drinking is bad but put the fate of the country in the hands of 18 year olds who older adults don't even see as adults just seemed hypocritical to me at that time. It's just all meh. You graduate high school if you did your work and you earned the right to sign things and go to war.
Glad i'm not turning 18 and reading this.

S

Sweet_T17

Thank you guys :) I am 18 now as u probly can tell :D im feeling old.

W

Wormwood

Apart from how it's seen on paper, age is just a number. :) Happy belated birthday!

S

Sweet_T17

Thank you :)

J

Jake_from_state_farm

I think I am late on posting, but I get to go out past my bed time and I get to say I am 18... thats about it..

S

Sweet_T17

Yeah you can. 18 year olds can vote as well. You get to do more things when u become a young adult.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
​I remember (vaguely) when I turned 18... many, many moons ago..lol :)