Two things

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jordache

1. My mom just told me yesterday that her dr thinks she has cancer. It's likely that its at an early stage but because of her overall health it's unlikely she will be able to have surgery. In addition she's an insulin dependent diabetic and she's had to call the ambulance several times because she wakes up in the middle of the night with extremely low blood sugar. She is a Christian.
For the past two yrs I've been feeling like she's going to die soon. She's only 53 but if you knew her she acts and feels 70. She also believe she will die soon. I'm not afraid of her dying... and God smite if I'm wrong but I kind of hope she does...and quickly. It's not because I hate her. I just know she's had such a difficult life that she deserve the break for once.
2. If anxiety doesn't kill me I think I may live forever. I have PTSD and struggle with anxiety and depression. It's difficult in my relationship because my bf has never been depressed a day in his life. He's had anxiety for a season, but he doesn't have it now. The other day i really saw how much he cant understand. He asked me how i was and i said ok. somehow we got to talking about what ok meant. i used to not be able to say ok. i had no clue what it meant, but one day soneone defined it for me. Ok-life is hard God is bigger and ill have the victory. However, my bf only has two levels: good and bad. Ok means good.
I feel pretty much disabled by it all. I certainly have my good days, but there are days when I just can't function in anymore than just doing what I need to do to get through the day. I can get myself out of bed. I can eat. I can read and write and pray, but anymore than that and I collapse.
This morning was especially hard and I chose to put off my running til tonight. I probably could have forced myself to run but then I would have been rushing from one thing to another and never had tie to deal with anything. As it stands I got out of bed through about 45 mins of fitful prayer, ate breakfast, pulled out my bible and I've been praying and reading almost non-stop since I got up.
I hate this. I feel like I can't function in real life. I can work to a point but the moment I start to feel depressed or anxious I have to disappear. I can't take 3 mins at my desk and recenter. It doesn't work. I need absolute absence of sound except for maybe some music, people, and sometimes light. I feel like I need to hide in a closet to get back on my feet and I hate it.

T

tenderhearted

Father God I pray for Jordache. LORD she is struggling with depression and anxiety. I pray that you would strengthen her mind and body. LORD you said that in this world we would struggle, but we thank you because your word says that you will never leave us nor forsake us. Father God surround her with your love. Bring her peace and hope. LORD only you know exactly how she feels, so I ask that you would touch her heart. Bring her out of this depression and anxiety that she is feeling. I ask that you would comfort her mother who is ill. I ask that your will be done in this situation. In Jesus name, Amen. :)

kim12345

Aug 4, 2013
Jordache, You have a little one in your arms in the photo. If you are home all alone all day with a baby that can cause depression. Not sure your situation but..........

1. My mom just told me yesterday that her dr thinks she has cancer. It's likely that its at an early stage but because of her overall health it's unlikely she will be able to have surgery. In addition she's an insulin dependent diabetic and she's had to call the ambulance several times because she wakes up in the middle of the night with extremely low blood sugar. She is a Christian.
For the past two yrs I've been feeling like she's going to die soon. She's only 53 but if you knew her she acts and feels 70. She also believe she will die soon. I'm not afraid of her dying... and God smite if I'm wrong but I kind of hope she does...and quickly. It's not because I hate her. I just know she's had such a difficult life that she deserve the break for once.
2. If anxiety doesn't kill me I think I may live forever. I have PTSD and struggle with anxiety and depression. It's difficult in my relationship because my bf has never been depressed a day in his life. He's had anxiety for a season, but he doesn't have it now. The other day i really saw how much he cant understand. He asked me how i was and i said ok. somehow we got to talking about what ok meant. i used to not be able to say ok. i had no clue what it meant, but one day soneone defined it for me. Ok-life is hard God is bigger and ill have the victory. However, my bf only has two levels: good and bad. Ok means good.
I feel pretty much disabled by it all. I certainly have my good days, but there are days when I just can't function in anymore than just doing what I need to do to get through the day. I can get myself out of bed. I can eat. I can read and write and pray, but anymore than that and I collapse.
This morning was especially hard and I chose to put off my running til tonight. I probably could have forced myself to run but then I would have been rushing from one thing to another and never had tie to deal with anything. As it stands I got out of bed through about 45 mins of fitful prayer, ate breakfast, pulled out my bible and I've been praying and reading almost non-stop since I got up.
I hate this. I feel like I can't function in real life. I can work to a point but the moment I start to feel depressed or anxious I have to disappear. I can't take 3 mins at my desk and recenter. It doesn't work. I need absolute absence of sound except for maybe some music, people, and sometimes light. I feel like I need to hide in a closet to get back on my feet and I hate it.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Hugs Jordache, adding your mom and all to my prayers for you in Jesus's name.

Hugs and God bless
pickles

S

SteveM

Father, please supply your strength to this position. Reinforce the health of all concerned, and the skills of the doctors. Grant that your healing might be present in the situation. Grant that Kim12345 might find the ability to center herself in this, and that time may increase her ability to cope. Amen.

J

Jordache

Nope not my baby... I just borrow babies. :) My boys are in heaven.

H

hospitalpharmacist

I'll pray for you and your mom. I know how not function makes you feel because I live in a similar situation. I'm a kind of disable too even if doctors didn't yet understood what I suffer of. I need at least 30 minutes in my bed to raise from it in the morning. Be strong and don't give up.

error

Oct 23, 2009
It is not always a bad thing to do that. I need to have some quiet time with myself and God a lot.

I will pray for you. It is not good to have a depression. I think you need someone to talk about it. I think help from the other side is necessary in moments like that.

God bless.

J

Jordache

I do have a counselor. And I don't mind so much having to go to The Lord so much, but I can't function because of it. I have to turn everything off. Dark room, no noise, no people... In order to feel safe and focus.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Hugs Jordache, praying in Jesus for all that is God Our Father's love to surround you.

God bless
pickles