under attack

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jemuel

I have been trying to reach out for my brother. Although we have differences, i am trying to be humble to him. AHHH for over ten years my mom tells me to understand him. and as christ's ambassador so be it though it hurts. It would be unfair for him if I go into details but his attitude is really rough! Whatever he does, I just allow him to. I have no comments or whatsoever regardless if it is bad just for the sake of peace. I mean that an argument would not arise. Well that's not the case when it is "me" now. He keeps an eye on me and finds fault. I am not perfect though. And there starts bullying me, I just shut up my mouth. I can't bear it any longer so i have to move away. I don't want anymore misunderstanding,. In the first place, I am the first to show understanding. So i moved... away from them...I do not know but it is really hurting. I just need prayers because I know prayer is only the answer to what I am going through....

Glory the risen king

gideon007

Jun 30, 2012
i feel you jemuel..(i really do)...

i'll be praying for you... :)

S

shekaniah

Prayers sent from a mothering heart!
God will work this for His good!
Love in Jesus, Shekaniah :)

P

psychomom

:(
Jemuel, I had been missing you...I'm sorry it was for this reason, though.
I guess we were promised that these things would happen, because we are His.
But it doesn't make it easier.
It seems the enemy has chosen to revile you and persecute you, through your brother...your own brother! :(
So...you can rejoice? That will have to be a matter of will, and obedience.

“Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:10-12

I pray for your peace, and that you will stand by His grace, in His power, in Jesus.
love,
ellie

J

Jemuel

:(
Jemuel, I had been missing you...I'm sorry it was for this reason, though.
I guess we were promised that these things would happen, because we are His.
But it doesn't make it easier.
It seems the enemy has chosen to revile you and persecute you, through your brother...your own brother! :(
So...you can rejoice? That will have to be a matter of will, and obedience.

“Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:10-12

I pray for your peace, and that you will stand by His grace, in His power, in Jesus.
love
ellie
you definatly brought encouragement to a heart who has been broken into pieces.. yes into pieces.....its just excruciating pain.......................thank God for your time....i know the Lord has a reason why...thank you so much your reply means a lot to me....i may not see you, i may know who realy you are....but you are such an encouragment to me

and that goes to all you guys

Glory to the risen king

S

simplyme_bekah

You know first and foremost you have to lay that worry and stress at Jesus's feet and let Him carry it for you. Second take heart in your persecution and trust that Jesus our Lord & Savior is always always with you and ask Him to direct your words and what you say to your brother and then let that worry float away from you as you feel that trust in our Lord fill your heart up. Worry is from the devil, rebuke it. As a child of God you do not have to keep that crap inside of you. I guess what it all boils down to is to simpley lean back in trust and realize that the Lord has got this. BELIEVE IT.

O

OFM

praying very much alot speciall for you Lord Give Him Special Grace,Peace,Goodness and Calmness Within His Heart Mind and Spirit,In Jesus Name i Pray Amen....
love u brother....glad ur a part of our cc faith community too.

J

jkalyna

ITS GREAT TO HAVE A BROTHER, A MOTHER, OR DAD, SISTER. I PRAY YOU AND YOUR BROTHER AND FAMILY WILL BE REAL CLOSE TIGHT TOGETHER, WILL STAND THROUGH THICK AND THIN. LOVE IS THE GREATEST THERAPY. WE CANNOT DO IT IN OUR OWN STRENGTH. ASK THE LORD FOR FORGIVNESS, AND MERCY FOR ALL WHO HURT YOU UPON THEM. FATHER UNITE THIS FAMILY IN PEACE, FORGIVENESS, HOPE, AND LOVE, LIKE BIRDS IN A NEST IN JESUS NAME. AMEN

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Sometimes the love of Jesus is a difficult one to follow,
I try to remind myself that Jesus's love was shown by the fact He took the cross for us while we were still sinners.
It is this love we are called to, and recieve from Jesus, He is within you already, just know and rejoice in this.
You and your brother and family are in my prayers in Jesus

God bless
pickles

P

psychomom

Ah, sister pickles...I know your wise and calming words are like balm to my own heart...
I pray it will be so for Jemuel, too. ♥

J

jo_ptrp

“A happy family is but an earlier heaven.” -John Bowring

i pray for reconcillation between you and your brother and everyone in your house. In the name of Jesus I declare peace and blessings be upon your household ;-)

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
Jemuel,
this might sound strange, but thank God for your pain-- as long as it's not too enduring, or overwhelming, emotional pain that leads to tears can be a blessing; I once thought I was beyond tears, but, when I prayed for tears, they are always helpful--
The Apostle Paul said to do the exact thing you are doing-- long-suffering another's burdens. But, there are healthy ways to deal with someone else's abusiveness. I'm not a counselor, so I'm not sure what they are, but-- you may need help to find a healthy way to respond.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
Jemuel,
I was just praying for you about this. I also have a situation with a brother, even more serious. What I was thinking as I was praying was that if you have put up with your brother's abuse, he may be testing you. You may be doing the right thing, but sometimes, if we don't stand up to people in a respectful way, they will not respect us. By ignoring his attitude, you are also communicating rejection of him by not validating his anger. Sometimes people act like mules, and they don't need for their attitude to be validated. But, it depends on the situation. If you keep stuffing your anger, one day it might explode or make you more depressed. I would say, to stand up to him in a non-violent, non-confrontational way. This way, you honor God by not letting someone abuse you, and you keep your self-respect, and maybe possibly gain your brother's respect. Don't let it escalate into violence, but, don't let it simmer. Be honest-- get it out in the open without provoking a fight, but, don't hide the anger in your voice. Just say what's on your heart in his presence.

J

Jemuel

Jemuel,
I was just praying for you about this. I also have a situation with a brother, even more serious. What I was thinking as I was praying was that if you have put up with your brother's abuse, he may be testing you. You may be doing the right thing, but sometimes, if we don't stand up to people in a respectful way, they will not respect us. By ignoring his attitude, you are also communicating rejection of him by not validating his anger. Sometimes people act like mules, and they don't need for their attitude to be validated. But, it depends on the situation. If you keep stuffing your anger, one day it might explode or make you more depressed. I would say, to stand up to him in a non-violent, non-confrontational way. This way, you honor God by not letting someone abuse you, and you keep your self-respect, and maybe possibly gain your brother's respect. Don't let it escalate into violence, but, don't let it simmer. Be honest-- get it out in the open without provoking a fight, but, don't hide the anger in your voice. Just say what's on your heart in his presence.
i totally understand what you are trying to convey. I tried my very best to reach out. This has been the nth time he did it to me and the nth time i tried to understand though it hurts. He is also did that to my mom, my sistah my brother' my dad. The best way at the moment to diffuse the situation is to move away. I do not know. I am helpless. I only rely to what God can do.

thank you for praying

Glory to the risen king

J

Jemuel

Jemuel,
this might sound strange, but thank God for your pain-- as long as it's not too enduring, or overwhelming, emotional pain that leads to tears can be a blessing; I once thought I was beyond tears, but, when I prayed for tears, they are always helpful--
The Apostle Paul said to do the exact thing you are doing-- long-suffering another's burdens. But, there are healthy ways to deal with someone else's abusiveness. I'm not a counselor, so I'm not sure what they are, but-- you may need help to find a healthy way to respond.

it definatly lead me into tears..............

thats all i did to contain it...

tears in Heaven