Understanding God's will for your dating and marital life.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

ix0y3

I've recently read a book that rocked the way I view dating and marriage at its very core. It's called "the sacred search" by Gary Thomas and I HIGHLY recommend it to everyone and anyone seeking that special someone and ready to take the next step, regardless of age and ESPECIALLY if you're engaged.

The basic premise of the book is the marriage is NOT about "staying love" or even about that feeling of "love" at all, but actually about covenant-keeping and it backs that up based on biblical fact. A few brief points that moved me are that you've been conditioned to believe this false idea of requiring an infatuation indicator as a harbinger of a relationship and that's not at all necessary for any relationship and actually hinder potentially amazing and God-honoring matches from forming, you won't really know your husband/wife till they're 35, and marriage is a way to make you holy. With that, I end this post.

God Bless!

S

Shouryu

Imagine you move into a new apartment. A building you've never been in before. Full of people you don't know.

You see a bunch of them in the laundry room on the first day. So, to introduce yourself, you walk in say,

"Hey! I don't know ANY of you people! I don't know anything about your past, or your issues that you may have, or have dealt with before! I don't even know anyone's name! But you know what? I've got the answer! And I know it's the answer you're all looking for, and it's the perfect answer for everyone, because we're all in the laundry room. It's THIS BOOK RIGHT HERE. It changed the way that I look at things totally, and you need to read it."

And then there's long, awkward silence, and you can't understand why.

*cheesy grin*

Welcome to CC, ix. It's nice to meet you. Get to know some people, eh?

P

Powemm

We study what we value .. My hats off to you sis for informing the rest of us who want to dive deeper into the very thing we want to become better at .") thanks for sharing . There's also a book called "hedges" excellent excellent read! I saw this book laying on my bible study teachers counter one night when I went to their house for dinner .. Said it was for men , but when I started reading it I could t put it down .. Finished it in one day.. you talk about an empowering book following Gods plan .. WOW!! I learned sone very valuable things on protecting what god says is sacred .. Thanks for your insight .. I'll check that book out
Here's the book in case you want to read

Hedges: Loving Your Marriage Enough to Protect It:Amazon:Books