Understanding/Struggling with God's Plan

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MelRad187

Why does it sometimes like some people go through immense suffering? When I thought God was finally going to answer my prayers and has spoke too me the opposite and something bad to happen. I had recently fled out of state to escape an abusive relationship with someone that claimed to be a believer and a Christian but really was a disordered (a Sociopath). This relationship cause a lot of issue that I am still trying to solve (trust, debt, self confidence, lack of good Christian friends, lack of strength etc). After moving I found a church I liked and wanted to start going back to bible studies.

I reconnected with one of my friends which I had been friends for a long time. I just saw him as a good friend that wouldn't betray me and hurt me that would help me in my walk with God. I never had any romantic feelings, but we started hanging out and spending time together and God changed both of our hearts about each other.

We then both developed a sense of deep romantic feeling for each other. He said after we started dating he had to have peace about the relationship and make sure he was in Gods Will. Then a month later he said after that he didn't have peace and had a feeling it wasn't meant to be. He said he thought that could be only God speaking to him. I thought God wouldn't of warmed both of our hearts at the same time just to break us apart painful like he did. I thought God had spoke to me and told me to just have patience and this was meant to be. God just want us to take it slow and for me to focus on building my faith and building friendships with other believers.

How could two people hear such different things from God. I totally didn't see it coming because we had connected spiritually, emotionally, had the same views on morals and the same interests. It just seemed like the perfect match. He said the feeling he initially thought was fear but as his feelings grew stronger that the feeling that it wasn't meant to be wasn't going away. Thus, he had to end things before things got more painful.

He also said he was at peace with it and knew it was the right thing to do, and he actually seemed to be happier which really confused me. He said he had peace now since he was following Gods plan. He had learned what he needed to learn from the relationship to make him a better Christian and to find the partner God meant for him.

Well I really didn't think this was Gods Plan and this really seemed like it was quite cruel on Gods part. I had just had to give up my dog the day before all this transpired. And I had lost my only Christian friend as he said we could no longer be friends as his emotions would take over. I feel angry, betrayed, and mad. I never went looking for anyone to date and said I wasn't ready to date to the past relationship I was involved with.

It seems like I have faced a lot more suffering and challenges than most. I have several autoimmune disorder (Bechets, Fibromalgia, and Hashimatos). I also have IgA deficiency. This means I have spent a lot of my time sick. I have had not one but two abusive relationships. Both professed to be Christians but weren't. One was just misguided I believe, and the last seemed to embody the devil himself. I had my virginity taken away from me when I was raped at age 18 which caused issues with sexuality. I had severe clinical depression at age 16 and tried to commit suicide but God decided it wasn't my time to go and brought me back to this earth. I also grew up in an atheist family who didn't support my faith and still don't.

Why does it seem like everyone comes into my life and the expense of mine?

How can anyone every know what is real. Does God not want my life to have any meaning? It just seems like bad keeps coming into my life and good just keeps being taken away. Even when I think he has answered my prayers it all seems to be a cruel joke. At this point I just feel broken and have no more strength to fight anymore. I feel at this point Gods plan for me is suffering. Don't I deserve something good to make all suffering worth while. I am trying to do what God wants but I just don't understand. What is it worth to go to work struggle to pay of a huge amount of debt, be in pain and sick all the time, have no friends, and have family that doesn't understand or fully support me? How does that serve any purpose or plan?

Feb 28, 2016
our hearts are grieving for you, but it seems as though you don't fully understand the ways
of this 'demonic-world' YET...your first lesson from all of this is to immerse yourself in your Bible
and then and only then will you start to understand/learn the ways of this world,,'satans' world...

Jesus will never accept being anything but being First in our lives and in any given situation,
no matter what we believe we deserve or what we presume is our due...

our lives are an Holy Gift from our Saviour, but not many are taught this, thus we, as satan wants,
we seek and desire to have our own ways...which of course, never bring us anything but heart-ache
and a life of trying to satisfy our own wants and needs without our wholly depending and trusting
guidance by Loving our Saviour...

our total Trust has to be in Him, first and foremost, and this is a lesson hard learned, because
this evil world teaches us from our youth to seek what we want and not what Jesus wants for us...

our prayers are with you and your future, and most of all, we pray that you seek what your
Holy Father's will is for you, and for you to put your whole Trust in His decision for your life,
for satan's desire is to own you and steal you from your Creator...

H

HisHolly

If I went back in time this would read a lot like a diary of mine if I ever kept one... im pretty sure I can identify with a lot of your emotions and thoughts.. That was a torturous time in my life... I'll be praying.. I don't know everything but I do know what helped me, if you need someone to talk to message me

Dai3234

Sep 6, 2016
It seems to me so far, that gods plan is gods plan. We are helped as much as we can be, together. Meaning if I suffer, it may be because I have few Christians in or on my path for them to help me, or me them.

If a non-christian interferes, it is not gods plan. Therefore your path is potentially slowed or mis-directed. This does not mean God is not putting you first. But it may mean another Christian has to do something on the other side of the world, to start improving the speed of your growth as a Christian.

The plan is probably big and complicated and is not as simple as waving a wand. You have to grow for god's plan to reach you. If you don't have enough strength to go to a potentially embarrassing Christian or non-christian event, or do something that's awkward, you may not grow enough to meet the future partner God has placed for you to meet. So grow confidence and strength to do things that are Christian in ways, that you know your potentially weak in. "Sharpen your axe" as it is said.

Though be aware. God may not have it in his plan for you to have a partner as he may have more important plans for you.

It's difficult to know. After all it's gods plan for everyone, not just me and you etc.

That's how I see it so far anyway. Praying regular, helps strengthen resolve, faith and actions. But pray for appropriate and not potentially selfish things. This alters your attitude and behaviour over time. You will not worry about anything then and just accept gods plan. Knowing your doing your best.

God bless you and hope this helps give some clarity and peace.