Uneasy feelings, what do they mean?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 25, 2012
I've been doing a whole lot better lately when it comes to setting my mind right and focusing on the right things in life. I have been feeling the need to recognize things within me that I need to admit to myself and have been making progress in certain areas of my life. I've had a few set backs because there are things that I strongly feel I need to address but can't because of reasons outside of my control, but at least I feel good knowing where my heart is.

That being said, I'm beginning to have 'uneasy feelings' as if the bottom is going to fall out at any second. My home life is better. My work is better. My outlook on things is better. So why am I feeling like something bad is around the corner? Why is it that although I know God is with me and things are looking up, I'm still having a sense of doom? I hate feeling like this.

To top it off, my husband tells me of a dream he had last night which brings up things for my past that I hate. He must be thinking of it because otherwise why would he dream about it.

I just want to know where these uneasy feelings are coming from or what they mean.

Is it lack of faith?
Is it God trying to tell me something?
Is it spiritual warfare?
Or is it me being paranoid?

What is it????

W

Water1944

My feeling it's you being paranoid. When you have had lots of issues in your life, one after another,even in a good time you are waiting for new issues to come up. I had alot of bad things happen to me and my family in a two year span. I spent the next year waiting for the other shoe to drop. Then I realized it already had. Your home life,work and outlook is better,it sounds like your in a good place. Pray to God to take away your worries and enjoy the progress you have made, you deserve it! God bless.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Sounds like there is some pretty deep personal stuff you need to share with somebody.

If you don't have any older mature women at church you can talk to,
there are a lot of mature Christian women around here you can talk to.

You're obviously dealing with stress and reactions to very specific things.
You need to be able to talk to somebody about those things.

Dec 25, 2012
Thank you both. I think there is truth to what you both said.

The reason I joined CC was because I was looking for a place where I could share my faith, learn about God and talk with people who did not know me or my family who I could be completely honest with. I don't belong to a church so I don't really have someone to confide in locally.

I don't know, maybe I just need therapy!

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
For some things, you'll need to find a few trusted women on here you can share genuinely personal issues with.

That's going to be a necessity, and a real help.

You should be praying for those relationships, and seeking them out as you're able.
There are some wise and kind women around here.
I'm sure God will answer your prayers.

K

Kisses1990

I've been doing a whole lot better lately when it comes to setting my mind right and focusing on the right things in life. I have been feeling the need to recognize things within me that I need to admit to myself and have been making progress in certain areas of my life. I've had a few set backs because there are things that I strongly feel I need to address but can't because of reasons outside of my control, but at least I feel good knowing where my heart is.

That being said, I'm beginning to have 'uneasy feelings' as if the bottom is going to fall out at any second. My home life is better. My work is better. My outlook on things is better. So why am I feeling like something bad is around the corner? Why is it that although I know God is with me and things are looking up, I'm still having a sense of doom? I hate feeling like this.

To top it off, my husband tells me of a dream he had last night which brings up things for my past that I hate. He must be thinking of it because otherwise why would he dream about it.

I just want to know where these uneasy feelings are coming from or what they mean.

Is it lack of faith?
Is it spiritual warfare?

What is it????
Sounds to me like you have severe anxiety. If it persists, contact your primary physician and inquire about a possible xanax prescription.

D

danschance

Is it lack of faith?
Is it spiritual warfare?

What is it????
It may be might be unhealed wounds from your past that have been triggered. To me that seems highly probable.

S

Siberian_Khatru

Many would pin or allude said uneasiness - in general - to one's conscience. I can't help but feel that the word 'conscience' is just vernacular to not peg anything as divine inspiration; i.e., the conviction of the Holy Spirit.

With that, I hope it's revealed to you in due time why you feel this way, and I think you can expedite the enlightenment process through prayer and mulling over it (but not stressing or worrying).