Unequally yoked Marriage...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AzulDos

Currently in one...Love Her dearly but over the years it has hindered elements of my walk...Its just all the burden on keeping the The vows I made to my Lord and Savior Seems to fall on me...It seems like I am the only that uplifts us in prayer, I am the one that has to adjust everything in my life to keep this going. My goal is and always has been to do the Lords will, but in a situation like this the stress and strain and burden I feel has greatly decreased my ability to do this, Yet again I have made vows to keep this going. I pray that one day she does become saved. She is Catholic which grounds her in the ways of the Lord but there is not that "expectation" to really live a full life according to the word. At the end of the day it is MY FAULT for probably doing something that the word says can lead to hinderance. We love each other and have good times but over time I have let my life (friends, church involvement, growth in general) kind of fall by the wayside while it feels through my support (via not being over "controlling" , prayer) has let her really continue her life and quite honestly she seems to have prospered in her professional life, social life, etc because of this. Without being to long winded and getting into too may elements of the story in the past few months there has been 100% in my mind Emotional infidelity and honestly a chance physically. I had prayed about finding seeing evidence of the incidents and I did to see she has significant feeling for him but not enough conclusively as far as physical. Its almost like the Lord had me only see some text and things of that nature to confront the issue. but not enough to "end" it. I just have no advice coming my way to handle this. I have prayed and cried out but am just going through a dry season it feels in getting an answer. She had her apologies and again I believe she loves me but maybe not that "in love" with me. I know she still contacts the person and has lessened the contact, but still clears the bodies of her text messages . I got myself into the situation and dont want to pray the wrong things again. I want the Lords will done in my life and if it is with Her fine, I trust her relatioship with him will change and my bad ways are changed also. I know I am not perfect. But boy have I been losing between this situation, my job, and other family issues lately lol, I can laugh about and am tough but uplift me in prayer i am just weakend mentally and spiritually right now waiting on the Lord, I just strength to be patient and is anyone else unequally yoked . Finally, lol, through this I can't seem to talk to anyone, I still have friends and family but can't seem to burden them about it...and prayer or advice would be great...God bless and thanks for the outlet...Whew :/

P.S. sorry fo rthe hurried typing

santuzza

Feb 12, 2013
First, I will definitely pray for you -- tough situation.

Secondly, you need to get into Christian counseling -- preferably together, but if she doesn't want to go, you need to go by yourself. Don't keep this bottled up inside. You said you can't talk to your friends and family about this, and I understand that. But you need to talk to SOMEONE and a counselor can definitely help.

Praying for you!

yac11

Mar 24, 2013
Hi,

I am so sorry for your situation. I am also unequally yoked. However, I want to remind you what God wants and what he doesn't want. He doesn't want divorce. Please take her to a Christian counselor first and foremost. Remember it's not going to be easy. If Christ could forgive us and die on that cross for our sins, then what you have to do will be easy. Love your wife as Christ loves us. God is watching and it matters how you conduct yourself, you can't control what she does or doesn't do. Just do everything to please God. I will pray for you, remember you have friends here as there is always someone who has had the same experience. May God Bless you.....and never give up on her.

A

Ariel82

Catholics are Christians and pray as well. Some are even born again.

you should pray with her and stop looking at her as an unsaved soul but as your WIFE who has been sanctified by the blood of Jesus because God tells us that if even one of the spouses are in Him then both are made holy.

1 Corinthians 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy.

However I'm not sure this is the case in your situation.

Have you ever asked to pray with her?

Have you tried to go to church together?

have you studied the Bible together?

had conversations about how much God means to you?

Perhaps what you are seeing is her reaction to your judgement of her unsaved and unworthy status as your wife. you admit in this thread to be "unequally yoked" yet say she is Catholic as if that means she doesn't believe in Jesus at all.

personally I would be quite upset if my husband viewed me in that manner.

Christian counseling would probably be very helpful.

though I am curious most Catholics don't marry outside the church unless the other person agrees to raise the child Catholic.

so perhaps she was raised in a Catholic family but never really accept Jesus as her Savior?

Either way she is still sanctified in marriage to you and you should protect her and your marriage by praying together and learning how to communicate with each other better.

remember why you married each other in the first place and try to remind her of that first love you had for one another and keep God in your life.

A

AzulDos

Everyone thank you SO MUCH...These few replies have been more therapeutic than maybe you realize :)....God bless you all!Everyone thank you SO MUCH...These few replies have been more therapeutic than maybe you realize :)....God bless you all!

Thank you Santuzza, We have discussed some counseling, Ironically after things came out we went on a planned vacation. which helped but this will be revisited. again things have been better but we have not done this quite yet...I think We do still need to see one. On my half I still want pure truths and I think in a session this might come out and on her half we need to establish whar feelings she has for him and ultimately see what mis steps I may have taken o drive her away...there are no clear explanations of what wedge we may have driven between us.

Thanks YAC11 you are right...And in my place of prayer the Lord has dealt with me , even b4 the last few months, about my levels of forgiveness from other past issues with her. Through this the Lord has called m out, lol, so to speak. I do have to show Christ Love and I have a heart to do that. But I definately have been weakened by letting the stress get to me when I should have, and needed to leave it at the alter. Again beyond the last few months of this incident, where i have struggled with other semi unrelated sin as a result and have blamed her in some way, I need prayer for that. I am so sorry to the Lord for these things i have let cloud Christ in my life when I should be the example.

And Thanks Ariel, you are right on some points and again the Lord has called me out on some positions I had taken towards her that had me feeling I was or am more sanctified towards her. I am aware of that scipture and have lost sight of it some because of the hurt nd anger. I have to keep on in my walk if not just for me but for the both of us. Just a few notes:

"Have you ever asked to pray with her? "

Yes I have, lol..But i guess due to belief "differences" it is short simple prayers but they are steps.

"Have you tried to go to church together?"

I have gone several times to mass and was married in the cathoic church, and over 9 years I go with her every Easter. I dont mind it is a way of showing my support. she has never come with me. In Nutshell we are a Spirit filled church that have praise and worship, we speak in tongues, lol for a Catholic girl thats alot.lol

"have you studied the Bible together? "

we talk about issues, but in all honesty she is a great arguer, lol i am not. I get too emotional, not in a mean way but i cant recall scripture in that state nd will show her verses to support a point.

"had conversations about how much God means to you? "

She does know My faith is strong and I believe we should do our best to live according to his will

"Perhaps what you are seeing is her reaction to your judgement of her unsaved and unworthy status as your wife. you admit in this thread to be "unequally yoked" yet say she is Catholic as if that means she doesn't believe in Jesus at all"

I have come off as "anti-Catholic" at times early in our relationship, but have been dealt with about that...One thing I learned going to service with her and meeting members of her church and most of all my mother in Law ther are Catholic Brothers and sisters in Christ that show Gods love and have a heart after him and his ways and I have no DOUBT they have a place with the Lord, and he will say to them "job well done my god and faithful servant"...Regardless of our denominations or church I believe its the walk, we should be knwn by our fruits...it hurts my heart when you see some confess with their tongue but the actions dont match up at all, again this happens even with members at times within my own church, people whos hearts are far from him...I do believe though as far as Catholicism goes there are some things within their doctrine that have many members believe if I do a few steps here and there. Some attend Mass certain times of the year, observe lent and they think their place is set in heavan while God's ways really dont register in their daily walk. She is a great person but I cant lie and not being judmental from my own flesh but using the word as the standard the fruit is not there...I dont know for sure when we are at the judgement throne what answer the Lord will give her....I dont know if true salvation is there...I hope that makes sense :/ ...I pray hard we become a couple in FULL service to our Lord together...

"personally I would be quite upset if my husband viewed me in that manner"

...again I have come off like that in the past. I just love her so much and want to see salvation happen, going into it I had hoped it would be quick, lol...I believe I have had a spirit of jealousy at times with her, and have prayed agaist it but there is the scripture matthew 24 19 i believe about the rich man. Honestly the Lord has blessed us, we work alot and are blessed to have jobs, we have bills and are not rich but we are doing good...But sometimes as I said before she has alot on a professional level going for her. she has rised through the ranks , her job opens up doors to meet people and make connections, she is the social butterfly people love her etc. Its like things are going so well "do I need that hunger after after God". I know the end result without salvation, i also know its not my knowledge of who is saved and who is not, only the Lord knows..its just right now I feel the opposite, Not appreciated at work the last several months, bad shift changes, then you come home and sometimes you get beat up some more, no offense to the ladies,lol..but this transitions into this whole thing...I still believe for her fullproof salvation and that the Lord will continue to work on me but this has emotionally has been the second most difficult event after My mom passed a month before I graduated high school. The Lord has gave me a big heart and an emotional toughness because of this heart which is a target and gets taken advantage of. I have sought my place in this world like the Michael W smith song back in the day... and fairly recently I think maybe my role is a prayer warrior for others, praying and fasting on behalf of others. I have quite trying to convince myself only preachers or higher profile members of the body of Christ are the important ones. I am ok if that is my role but through my heartbreak the last few Months at home and job and other issues I dont think I am doing this too well right now :( , and i feel so bad..I think I have failed as a person, a husband and most importantly as man who has a heart after God, so many need our prayers, our countrym etc....It hurts so bad but I have to press through but am having such a hard time...I better quite typing ,lol, i am getting worked emotionally again. I am sorry for being all over the place in this post, i guess i am just venting...Good night! :)

sandtigeress

Apr 29, 2013
venting is necessary :)
Try to give it over to the lord. You can not change an other person, only god can do that and he does it in strange ways, we can not understand untill the end result is there. But I pray for you. I'm in a similar stuation, only my life partner, he decided, he wanted to leave (sort of).

I

intercessorginger

You have outlined the problems that being married to an unsaved person can bring..BUT...all is not lost because there is wonderful power in prayer. I would recommend that you connect with others and share this so that you will have support and the strength that comes from joining your brothers and sisters in prayer together! God can meet you at your need, comfort and support you and bring a laborer into the path of your wife who can lead her in the sinner's prayer. It has been my experience in ministering to Catholics, that they very easily are wonderfully born again!
My prayer for you:
Father it is your will that this woman come into the kingdom and that they have a united marriage founded and rooted in the Love of God through a knowledge of ..Christ Jesus! We agree together that a laborer will come into her life and lead her to you by the mighty power of the Holy Spirit..I pray it is very soon Lord! Thanks for that, and for a good future for them.in the Mighty name of JESUS!! AMEN!!

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I'll chime in and agree with the people who suggested you get some pastoral counseling.

A pastor you can talk to, for advice, would be a huge help.
Keep in mind that most of what you need to do is all about YOU...
how YOU need to deal with her as a loving Christian, but one with strong convictions.
So counseling for YOU would be a huge benefit for the long haul.

May 3, 2013
Do not unequally joke... Spare you some suffering! Millions has done that to be hurt and, within Christians, we also riks ourselves. Be open to love (and be loved) but give YOUR ALL TO GOD. We're not "safe" enough. Marriage is a "contract", loving is a constant decision.