Unity

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Philip1777

Jun 3, 2023
I married very young my first time. It was a short two year marriage with a six month separation during the marriage. I was not a good husband and she was not a good wife. The perfect recipe for a bad marriage. The birth of our son was what brought us back together. My wife and I thought that our son would help us hold the marriage together. Needless to say, the marriage could not be held together.

During our divorce proceeding. My soon to be ex wife asked the court for permission to move to another state. The court decided in my favor and denied her request. We went back to court two more times, as she was determined to leave her home state. My attorney advised me to make a deal with my ex wife, reasoning that she would continue to seek the court’s approval to leave the state until a judge decided in her favor. My ex wife and I agreed on terms for her and my son to relocate to another state. My ex wife soon began to fail at her obligations to make my son available to me for visits.

During one telephone conversation with my ex wife, she advised me that they were moving across the country. When I protested and stated that I would be sure to get the court involved, her response was “ we will be gone before you can do anything”. She was right about that. I could not locate them. Her sister could not locate them. My ex wife’s sister did promise me that when my son was found, she would help me get custody of him (Benjamin).

A couple of years went by without a trace of my son. I began digging myself a bottomless pit due to my depression. At this time I was 27 years old. A young 19 year old lady soon entered my life. Although she was very sweet and attractive, I kept my distance from her due to our age difference. Months later I finally gave in and allowed this beautiful young lady pull me from my pit and save my life.

This young lady was not surprised when I proposed to her. Neither was she surprised when I told her that I did not want children. She knew I was hurt about losing my son and couldn’t face the thought of losing another child. But I believe that she thought that I would change my mind at a later time. A few years into our marriage, my wife attempted to talk with me about us having children together, I would not entertain the idea at all. My refusal to welcome children into our lives did separate us for a few days. I did not bend. She said that she had rather be with me and without children than to be without me, with children.

I had always prayed to God that He would keep my son safe, no matter where he was. I prayed this prayer over and over for the next decade. Just before my son’s 15th birthday, I changed my prayer about him. My new prayer was “God, it’s been long enough. Please, please. I want and need to talk with my son. I want to see and hug my son. Please God, it’s been long enough. Please, please”. Within two weeks of praying this (and no contact at all with Benjamin in close to 12 years) I was talking on the phone with him. Had God waited for me to come to Him with the correct prayer and my want? It seemed so.

My wife and I did get custody of Benjamin when he was 15 years old! A couple of months after we gained custody of Ben, I told my wife “I want us to start our own family, I want children if you will bless me to have our children”. My wife knew that God had freed my heart and I was no longer afraid of losing another child. Today we also have two beautiful daughters, ages 20 and 22.

God showed his infinite mercy on me and placed me with the lady of my dreams. A lady that would stand by my side no matter the circumstances. God showed his infinite love and placed my son back into my life within two weeks of my asking. God answered my wife’s decade prayers of allowing us the have children.

Without going into details at this time, I’ll just say that raising a family has not been easy. But I will say that ANYTIME that we needed help, we just raised our hands and let God reach for our hands and pick us up.

There are no sights, sounds, actions, nothing…to give God enough praise honor and glory.

Thank you for reading my second testimony posted on this site.

God bless you all.