unmarried with child from broken relationship. Need biblical advise

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

cherylp

3 year relationship that went sour right after I became pregnant, babies father left and turned his back in coldest way. my daughter is now 4 months old and we are starting to talk because I have taken him to court for custody. I am a christian but got so far away from God until recently and renewed my relationship with him, since the Lord has gave me peace, forgiveness and love in my heart towards my daughters father. I know God has a plan for each of our lives and I am trusting him to help me find that, my question is do you think God would want my relationship with my daughters father to repair so we can be a family? any advise???? I need prayer for my daughters fathers salvation. He is not a saved. will anyone who reads this please pray for his salvation. His name is Michael. Thank you.

May 15, 2013
3 year relationship that went sour right after I became pregnant, babies father left and turned his back in coldest way. my daughter is now 4 months old and we are starting to talk because I have taken him to court for custody. I am a christian but got so far away from God until recently and renewed my relationship with him, since the Lord has gave me peace, forgiveness and love in my heart towards my daughters father. I know God has a plan for each of our lives and I am trusting him to help me find that, my question is do you think God would want my relationship with my daughters father to repair so we can be a family? any advise???? I need prayer for my daughters fathers salvation. He is not a saved. will anyone who reads this please pray for his salvation. His name is Michael. Thank you.
Make sure that you doesn't abandon God. You'll have to go through testing as Job had went through, to see if you will stand by your word with God. The devil want to make a Liar out of you by not keeping your word. But one thing that I do know is that a believing woman can't separate from her unbelieving husband, but if the unbelieving husband decide to separate then it's Okay. You can't get upset if things doesn't goes as plan, and so the best thing to do is not to plan anything, but just say," whatever God desire the outcome to be".

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2013
Were you married at that guy?(the father of your child). Don't focus your whole time on that guy alone because we don't know if he is coming back again. I mean you can pray for his salvation but never spend your whole time and energy in hoping that your relationship with that guy will be restored. If it's the Lord's will that you and that guy were meant for each other...that guy will come back.. but if not...FORGET HIM.

Give yourself a break and take care of your baby. Offer your whole life to The Lord to the fullest and He will not let you down. Jesus cares for you. He Has another plan in-stored only for you. Seek God first .

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Feb 5, 2013
oooopsss...Im sorry ...i never recognize the title "UNmarried".....lol stupid me...i recognized it after the post...hehehehe plz consider..

Mo0448

Jun 10, 2013
I will keep your family in my prayers I believe that God can renew any broken relationship! :)

G

guidingfaith13

i will definitely be praying hun <3 <3 The Lord can fix any relationship that is of him!! but im going to say this so you DO NOT get discouraged!! The Lord will put people in your life for a reason, a short period of time, or a lifetime.. If the Lord has someone else for you.. know that it is ok and trust in the Lord.. Micheal may have been your reason because of your daughter!!! Also dont think it wont work out because i said that.. he could be our lifetime to but if he isnt dont be discouraged the Lord will have someone special for you and your daughter!! Will be praying for your relationship as well as his salvation!!

K

kimdel

my dear, as much as he would want you to get back together,i would advice you to be conscious. Yes,its really good to pray for him for God to save him but just fous on your relationship with God. The bible says that everything happens for the good of the Lord and you never know what plans God has for you,can you have time of prayer and fasting and ask God for His will concerning this matter and again rem. that the devil pretend to be an angel of light just to get you out of your relationship with God. Dont quote me wrong am not saying hes bad no but get direction from God for Hes able to bring you together as one family. my prayers goes out to you

May 15, 2013
oooopsss...Im sorry ...i never recognize the title "UNmarried".....lol stupid me...i recognized it after the post...hehehehe plz consider..
Once you laid down your life for someone, you are consider marry; the rest of it is just formalities, or you can say meaningless. The ceremonial rituals for marriages were made to make it official for man to recognize it, but God knows our heart and He make a good witness.

U

unclefester

I'll pray for you, Michael and your precious new daughter today Cheryl (she's beautiful :)). Has he met and held her yet ? I'm not looking or even asking for any of the particulars on your situation because it's none of mine or anybody else's business ... but I am wondering if Michael has a child or children from a previous marriage ? I say this because I'm thinking that this could be the reason for his hasty exit ... i.e.... fear, anxiety and guilt in regards to him feeling like he's let his other children down. Maybe worried that they might not "feel special" anymore and/or threatened, if this is in fact the case. Whatever the case Cheryl, God always finds a way when we don't believe there is one. My prayer is that your daughter has her father in her life and knows that she is greatly treasured by him always ... and that God is always present working His will amidst the three of you. Prayer works wondrous things in our lives. You, Michael and your beautiful lil' girl are precious in His sight. God's grace and peace be yours always :)

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
Concentrate on you and your baby. You cannot force the father to be in a relationship.
Keep your eye on God. Raise your baby in a Christian home, and if the father wants to reunite then think long and hard on it.