unsure

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

letti

Can somebody explain to me how you should handle a situation with another fellow christian who always seems to be judging and making their own rules for everybody elses walk with GOD.

santuzza

Feb 12, 2013
That's a difficult one because your friend probably cannot see the plank in his/her own eye. You can admonish him/her, but it is unlikely that he/she will see it.

Then there is the possibility that your friend is very wise and discerning and may be spot on. Are his/her judgments extra-biblical or do they have basis in the Bible? I often get called judgmental when in reality I am merely looking at the situation through the prism of the Bible. Most of the Christians I know don't like it when I point out a sinful behavior or action that may not be Christ-like.

L

letti

I can understand your point but I think the reason that my friend is choosing to be judgmental is merely for the reasoning of being holier than thou and I see it as bad.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
this is a tough situation as I have someone in my family like this and they think they are always right. he is quick to point out sin in the world and sin in other people's lives but sees none in himself. I hate to say this but sometimes folks like that are best to have limited contact with. in my experience, the more I try to talk to him, the more irritated we both get.

A

Ariel82

Sometimes its as simple as saying lets pray about it.

I've found most complainer aren't that big on praying. especially if you remember to include in your prayers something along these lines:

Dear God: we see the evil around us and the temptation to be more like the world. Help us not only to see others faults but our own. may the meditation of our hearts be pleasing in your sight. Help us to tame our tongues and allow only things that are edifying to proceed from out lips. May we be discerning between gossip and true conviction. Give us wisdom to remain silent and allow Your Spirit to work in the lives of those around us and know when to speak in love. Give us the words to speak when necessary and the courage to do so, but also give us the wisdom and faith to trust in YOU and Your ways. In Jesus name we pray.

I've found that the best way to have people stop analyzing others is to ask them about themselves, if they are feeling guilty about something and projecting?

or if you aren't afraid of being rude, you could always say "I don't believe in gossiping about other people" and walk away.

I'm not sure what your situation is, if she is even talking about other people or if she is pointing out your sins but I would pray about it and see if their is any truth in her words if she is commenting about you and I would tell her to talk to the other person instead of gossiping if its about someone else.

there are alot of bible verses AGAINST gossiping and being a tale bearer.

A

Ariel82

what kind of rules is she making up?

L

letti

she likes to say you cant be a christian cutting your hair short drinking a glass of wine once in a while with a meal wearing pants and other rules she made up

yac11

Mar 24, 2013
leti,

DON'T LISTEN TO HER. You know in your heart she is being religious, with her own religion. God just wants our hearts. He wants us to love him above all others. Talk to God leti, and when you talk to her, or she talks to you, just smile and tell her that God wants her to continue to pray and listen more. :)

May 15, 2013
Can somebody explain to me how you should handle a situation with another fellow christian who always seems to be judging and making their own rules for everybody elses walk with GOD.
Matthew 7:2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Rev 22 18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. 19 And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of lifeand in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.

N

nathan3

Tell them what they are doing. in a polite way. And, then maybe keep some distance from them ?

Thessalonians 3:13-16

King James Version (KJV)

13 But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.

14 And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.

15 Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

16 Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all.

Last edited:
N

nathan3

Perhaps show her were suppose to be examples, and not to lord it over one another.

1 Peter 5:1-13

5 The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:

2 Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;

3 Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being examples to the flock.

B

BeanieD

I am pretty sure I was married to one like that for 10 years. He filed for divorce, and I know that right now I know I am where I am supposed to be. Did not like that he wanted out, but hav accepted it as God's will for us for now. Makes it very difficult/ impossible, to do Bible study together. Pray for them always. God bless

Feb 16, 2011
They will be judged how they judge so just pray for them they need more grace.

T

Trax

she likes to say you cant be a christian cutting your hair short drinking a glass of wine once in a while with a meal wearing pants and other rules she made up
To your friend, it is a sin. You have a duty also and that is to not put a stumbling block
in front of your friend. You have to extend grace as the Lord has extended grace to you.